Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Thanks for that information @JoeTang

Lots to look forward to, apparently. So excite.

How's the story (your opinion of it, I mean)

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Battles are multiplayer, as were ToA and ToS.

Also I don't spend much time, granted we all live in the same house. Only time I play with them is when a game we're excited for, that has multiplayer, comes out. We'll spend a good amount of time together just to finish the game if possible. Although that hasn't happened for a while, we never fully finished NSMBWii together and they lost interest in "Kirby: Return to Dreamland", so I had to solo play finish those games.

3. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Do it. More money for Namco Bandai. Which will bring more Tales games over. I know I am <_<

4. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I enjoyed it. Some parts were a bit predictable, and some were a bit childish (i.e. aimed at children), but I had fun with it. Maybe that's because my Japanese is at the level of a small child's though.

5. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Immm excited! I'm gunna be so pooor though lol ugh. Sfxt and now this

6. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Wait, what? Japanese voices? How do? Pretty sure there was no such option on my PS2 version, so did you mod it?

7. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Eh, a friend said there was a JP voice option on Tales of the Abyss. I never had the chance to play it cause the PS2 version is rather annoying to find.

8. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Caught a few minutes on a stream. Looks decent, except some arte names are retarded, and the obviously inferior English voice actors cannot compare to glorious Nippon. Pascal's suits her, but at the same time, it's a bit creepy. Asbel's is good. Richard is a bit weird. Haven't heard anyone else, and don't care to.

Disappointed they changed Alias to Title, since there already exists something called Title in the game. If anyone could get a few screenshots for me of their artes and titles, as well as around your stat screen, that would be awesome.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

There's 2 streams up on Twitch.TV right now if you wanna get more view time in I guess.

10. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Got this and playing it now. Beautiful as expected. Voices are as bad as expected. Tutorial chicken is hilarious. Battle system seems slightly annoying.

LAURA pineappleING BAILEY SHOULD DIE.

11. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Mine doesn't come until tomorrow. The nearest gamestop to me is like 30+ minutes away and I hate driving out to the city. I tend to be more tolerant of english voices, so hopefully it's not THAT awful. As long as it isn't on the level of a certain Wii game... <___<;;

12. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I am extremely tolerant of bad voice acting. It is way worse than ToS2 which I assume you're talking about. Laura Bailey, the voice actor of Marta, has a role in this too. Same annoying pineappleing voice.

13. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

No I wasn't referring to ToS2, but that has bad voice acting as well. I was referring to ARC RISE FANTASIA. My god. Even I couldn't play that game past the first 2 hours because of the piece of garbage voice-overs. As long as the Voices aren't THAT incredibly lacking in emotion and annoying as pineapple I think I'll get along just fine with Graces.

14. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Oh god...I cant stand her voice !!!!!! I'm with you SHE SHOULD DIE

..or you know just stop voice acting in games all together..I havent played it yet but I did get it.

On another note, I found it funny that I while trying to get Naruto Generations they only had 3 that were not on pre-order..Kinda lame since I had to drive to 2 gamestops to get it ! Oh well, CANT WAIT to play my ToGF ! -fangirl scream-

15. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang

I got my first "carta" (Magic Carta No. 3, Philia's Carta) what do these do?

16. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

They unlock a mini-game later, and there's a guy that gives you prizes for having multiples of 10. The more cards you have, the more difficult the game is, I believe, but at the same time, you need at least 30 cards or something to play the highest difficulty. There's a like 2 that can only be gotten before the time skip.

The game is:
    All the cards are tossed into a pile. One of the characters (Asbel for example) will say a quote. It will be the same quote on the card's description that the character says in their game. You have to select the card from the pile before the AI does. Highest difficulty is very hard because the acceleration from the PS3 control stick is low, compared to instant-aim with a WiiMote. You unlock the Vesperia costumes for Asbel, Sophie, and Cheria from this.

What's annoying about the battle system?

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I guess it's a good thing my sisters and I are pretty much immune to "Bad Voice Acting", so we have nothing to worry about lol.

18. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

It's slower than Abyss and I don't like the directional Artes instead of L1/L2/R1/R2. I know that it adds "more depth" but I feel like it's too random.

19. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I like mixing the directional combinations to get different effectiveness in battle. Damage vs type weakness vs speed vs area of effect vs skills. The only thing I dislike about the game is you're limited to 8 artes from beta style at most, unlike Vesperia and Xillia where you could have 16 artes shortcutted, but at the same time it adds more depth into choosing your artes, and switching characters rather than wasting the right analog on shortcutting other character's artes.

Also, if you guys are still in the childhood arc, the Carta are located in Lhant, up the windmill in a chest, and one in Barona near the green crystal in another chest. They're Mint and Arche's from Tales of Phantasia, and can only be gotten during this time.

20. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I believe they said Tales of Xillia's localization will be directly based upon the sales of Tales of Graces f. It was either that or just a general "More Tales games will be based upon the sales of ToGf"

Pre-ordered it myself, waiting for the delivery tomorrow.