Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang is there any way to find certain enemies after childhood? Specifically, "bat", as it has been replaced by "elder bat" in the Barona Catacombs. I know most of the child versions appear with their adult versions but I just spent a half hour down there and didn't see one.

2. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@Sarah, how in the Blue Earth did you beat /* those elemental dragons */ in your 80's on Evil? They're one-shotting me and all my teammates. I'd peach about their inability to dodge, but I get stupid often enough too. I think my accuracy is too low. Either way, I just beat the first two on Hard (the wind one wasn't too bad, but the water one took me a pomegranateload of tries). Won't even try Evil.

3. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Dodge, and life bottles. And sophie for quick resurrection.

My main battle party is Asbel, Sophie, Hubert and Malik. Malik and Sophie hit ranged while Hubert and Asbel are melee.

Also I definitely wasn't in my 80's for those dragons. I'm only just now about to hit 80 for the first time ever in this game. It was late 60s if anything. Oh, and I was definitely not on evil for the latter two. It was hard mode.

Also, right now I am chaos soloing Veigue with just Malik's A-Artes for fun. And by for fun I mean for OH GOD WHY ARE THEY SO BAD.

Got him. Took 9 minutes but as he said... a win is a win.

4. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

The Japanese guide I'm looking at says Bats are down there still. Doesn't mention anything about time restriction.

@KaidaTan I barely managed Chaos on the Dragons at ~90. Malik with Ice spells/Dragon Slayer is pretty useful for the last one, even though it's weak to A-artes.
    Maybe take Cheria with you if you need the extra healing/res and Veil of Faith for some Dragon resistance. Plus, Frozen Rain is awesome.
    You should be able to hold it back as Asbel using Bestial Roar + Icedragon Flurry. Wolfwind Fang and Dragon Charge/Void Sword also hit its weakness and provide long hit-recovery for it. Could probably equip some damage reduction titles like #63 (Striking Paragon) for Asbel mastered (damage above 750 is halved). It looks like Eternal Serenade is the only level 3 Mystic Arte that hits a weakness, Freeze, though, so maybe switch to Malik to use those with a Mystic Arte damage title on too. You could try a high-level Wild/Slayer(bonus beast/dragon damage) weapon or Gem. The Levanteinn from Veigue comes with Wild [4], wouldn't be hard to get that on a Gem. If all else fails, just hang back and use Incineration Wave/Shattersteel Swarm.

5. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang doing @name doesn't work anymore because of Mark and Marksman Bryan. Gotta typing tags mention and /mention. Also, sorry for all of the mentions, hah. But one more thing... at least.

Do you know what qualities mix together to make others? So far I've got...

noble + rigid = frosty
    frosty + solemn = magical

But I'm looking for some other specific ones and not having much luck. I know I can figure out more easily but I'm more interested in the ones I actually need like Poignant.

6. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

If I had my own copy of the game, it would probably still take me days to cross-reference everything to get the information right.

There should be some book somewhere that records every quality in a certain order, and I think I would be able to list it like that, but the only way for me to get information on Qualities right now is from someone telling me what Quality a new item comes out when you dualize it. i.e. Any quality Iron Sword + Moist Crystal should always give a Rigid Katana. All I know about quality is this: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jo...ualise#Quality

And given that the Japanese equivalent to Rigid was "Stubborn" and I can't find anything that resembles Poignant there, so...

EDIT: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/604158-t...s-f/faqs/64008
    I just found this, and I think I'll use it to cross-reference to finish my page up.

Poignant = Gallant + Magical or Haughty + Haughty

@Sarah: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jo...ualise#Quality
    I just finished updating the information on Qualities. Not 100% sure on some of the Rank 7 effects though, if any of you guys could check. You can get a Guyabulous (LOLOLOL) Long Sword from Turtlez Stamp level 10, but I'm not sure if that will record into your book, or if you have to actually dualize one to have it register. Sounds like a pretty useful effect though, wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-03-29 at 08:23 PM.

7. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Thanks, that's awesome. I haven't had a chance to play at all today.

Is there anything I might have that you need? I have tons of information available, I just don't know what you need.

8. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

On that page, there's a bunch of untranslated stuff like Manuscript names and effects, though those will probably be extremely tedious since I'd want the exact description and/or more detail than the game provides, so you can probably avoid that.

At the bottom, there's the equipment skills/effects, and I don't have a lot of the English names for them, and I'd like some of the effects to be more concise, such as Gain/Absorb/Tension's in-game descriptions.

Some of the really fast stuff you could get for me though is what the exact wording in-game of some of the arte upgrade effects, like steal, reducing enemy stats, recover HP, recover CC. For example, all of Sophie's Arte Master titles have a recover CC effect at level 5 depending on some circumstances (Full HP, Stats Boosted, etc), but we don't have the exact syntax they use in-game, so it looks a bit messy on the Arte and Title pages.

9. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I can do Manuscripts. I'll start at 10:00. I'm used to tedious work, this is no issue for me. I'll look into the other stuff too.

10. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Spoiler

It took me about 8 hours to beat the Future Arc. Richard was absolutely no help.

Almost finished Zhoncage and the Inn requests today, but I'm lacking "Fabulous" shards and a item valuable enough for floor 9.. I might replay L&L to get a couple weapons and shard grind.

Edit: Good job me for replying to an ancient post.

11. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang

no actual spoilers. All of the manuscripts that I've found.

spoiler'd for stretching the pomegranate out of the screen.

edit: I'm not really sure what you want from those other two requests. Do you want what it says when I hit square on the arte (and it shows all of the upgrades)?

12. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Yeah, I think seeing the upgrades from the arte page is fine enough.

For the Shards, I'd like to know the wording for the bonus they provide, namely for Gain, Absorb, Tension, and the names and effects for any of the CC Recovery ones.
    For example, for Gain I have "HP Recovered from defeating an enemy", but I think the in-game description is likely to be shorter and neater, but I don't know what it is, so I'm not sure.

13. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I find it funny that the invisible person I've been reading on Aselia was my favorite person on SP this whole time. I should check recent edits more.

Also, I'm starting my second playthrough. The Gentleman Trophy can go to hell with Laura Bailey. How dare you ruin my precious Cheria.

And holy pomegranate, I just realized Richard is Jin.

14. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Oh look Joe, you have a fan. How cute.

15. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Positively adorable.

16. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

So, for level 6 Refresh, it's "[6] Evade = Chance of CC up (54%)" with 6 being the level of refresh.
    Gain is [Level] Defeat Enemy= HP Recovery +Value based on level. So for level 1, it's [1] Defeat Enemy = HP Recovery + 50.
    Absorb, it's [Level] Strike Enemy = HP recovery +Value based on level. So for level 3, it's [3] Strike Enemy = HP Recovery +16.
    Reinforece is [Level] CC Recovery Rate Up [Value]

Edit: Yes, I am adorable. Thanks.

17. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang

Shards

That was way worse than the books. So repetitive.

If someone else wants to do skills, feel free. If I don't see them done later, I'll get to it. Need to... not type for a while not. That was horrible.

Edit: did I do this wrong? I feel like this isn't what you wanted at all.

18. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I can give a hand, though I'm not sure if I even have all of every character's skills. I tend to just stick to four characters and not give a pomegranate about the rest of them.

19. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I was looking for more of what Aircalibur posted, but the confirmation on some names and effects is helpful.

I didn't know this, but if you put a Status Effect Shard into armor, it gives X-Status? That's interesting.

We have all the arte effects known on Aselia, it's just the syntax for some of the descriptions that need to be consistent.

20. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I'll work on synthing all the effects tomorrow. I have to finish the childhood arc again. Most of the follow the [level #] "condition" "effect" (+ / = / (x) [Modified value based on level], pattern.