Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

It should be about 10 hours for the story, but there's another boss at Riot Peak / Warrior's Roost, and some other things to get like the narikiri dolls / figurines which allow your characters to turn into eachother in battle. It explains a lot of the confusing stuff that the original ending didn't cover.

2. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Super spoilers

You don't even need the future arc to tell you that, imo.

3. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Good, I had hoped so but the way the game ended didn't make it seem that way at all.

Also... if I finish the future arc, can I start NG+ from the end of that save? I don't want to go through it gathering titles and pomegranate only to find out it's simply meant for story (though I would assume it's not since some titles are available only through it)

edit: Argh wtp you can't inherit your inventory? All of this careful item saving... all for naught.

4. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

After finishing the future arc you're save goes back to the end of the main arc. And I'm pretty sure you can carry over some of your inventory (sadly not your weapons).

5. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Only consumables which I assume means gels et al rather than monster drops.

6. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Discovering Katz Korner was the best thing EVER for me. I laughed until I peed.
    Cheria's swimsuit was the biggest answering of my prayers thus far. When I found Beach Resort I was like PLEASE JESUS DON'T LET ME DOWN. It delivered.
    I love Emeraude. She was great.

Awesome game, still have a lot to do, but it's really good. Though I don't understand why some people like this battle system. Is it just me? I mean sure it got better with B-Artes and practice...but it's still horrendous. I can't be the only one. Having to guard to restore CC all the time kills the flow entirely for me. I miss MP dearly. I was honestly avoiding most battles until I got to Kurt and got utterly buttdevastated (it was very amusing to me though once I found out every boss after him is easier anyway...why did they make him such a plantain?). Since then I've been better about leveling...but it's so not fun. ;_; I miss the fluid battle. Usually the combat is a nice bonus to the greatness that is Tales, so it's really weird for me to feel completely disappointed. I find myself not looking forward to the sidequest bosses and such which are actually challenging, whereas normally that would be fun. God, my friend and I fought Abyssion so many times on Mania just because it was awesome. I can't see me even doing the "beyond" hard modes in this game because I suck so bad, let alone enjoying them.

Maybe it will be better once I get most everything! But that's quite dumb.

7. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Just beat /* Fobrawyvern */ . pomegranate was way harder than /* Gloandrake */ .

edit: @JoeTang do you know where Dark Turtlez is?

8. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

D= I thoroughly enjoy the battle system. You should be eventually getting more skills and equipment to improve your CC pool, recovery rate, along with parrying. In all the Tales games that revolved around TP, there was usually a single combo that could stun-lock monsters, or a set of artes that could be spammed so you don't take damage. Even this game has Incineration Wave. Imagine that with TP. Most, if not all the TP games had a set order of arte levels that could be used, like how Assault artes have to go from 1 CC -> 2 CC -> etc. and you would have to pause at the end of them anyways.

I don't know what those names are, but I assume they're /* Valkines Cryas guardians */ ?

@Sarah Dark Turtlez is in the bonus dungeon. He's the boss of floor 4.

9. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

You don't need to mention when you quote :P

And yeah, they are. 2/3. Only level 65 and playing on evil. No way I can beat the third yet.

10. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I mentioned because I saw your mention after I posted, and didn't answer the question originally. The first one is easy. Second one and third one are hard if you're under-leveled and get OHKOed. It's just silly how much damage they can do, and in an AOE.

And then there's the final Trial of Graces =D I've never finished that one. I was planning on getting a second playthrough, and then doing it because it's so stupidly insane, even on Normal.

Anyone done the Uncharted Desert Ruins (?) puzzle? I loved that thing. Felt so satisfying finishing it. Felt so bad accidentally turning the second last switch too far and resetting.

Also, someone should try this out:

11. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Double posting because this is an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. ish.

PSN update is up and there's 14 new items up with it. Haven't actually checked what but the notes say they range from free to $3.99 so I would assume there are at least a few costumes.

edit: @JoeTang yeah I just finished that puzzle a few hours ago. Frustrating as pineapple at first because I didn't know why it kept resetting, then I figured it out and directed each colour one at a time.

edit: what's up with the gauges above their HP? I've never seen those...

costumes available are...

Asbel's Suit, Hubert's Suit, and Malik's Suit.

Then a bunch of other crap.

12. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

That's the Future Arc's Accelerate Mode. It's like the Eleth Gauge, except it charges up faster, and is for an individual character. You can activate it after 50%, and at 100%, it enables your 4th Mystic Arte, if you've learned it. Pascal's is the best, by the way. Hands down. Even better than Manlik's right there.

Should probably head into the Future Arc soon. Maybe test the first 3 floors of the bonus dungeon. Difficulty is about the same I think. Levels are similar. Last boss is level 100, so is floor 6 boss.

13. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I think the battle system is better with the requirements to Guard. It teaches you that it's actually useful. Too many people just mash buttons in other Tales games, then complain when a boss is hard and slaughters them.

Though I do miss MP as well, I think CC as it's replacement was pretty well thought out, and nicely implemented.

The biggest issue I had with the game's battle system is before you get B-Artes, but afterwards it's fine.

14. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang

Out of curiosity, what tier mystic arte is Malik Beam? (I want to use it while having his lifeguard costume equipped)

15. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

It's a tier 1, but it requires you to use Sonic Mount first.

16. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

The Malik and Richard skit in the Gustworks Ruins after reuniting with your party had me in tears. First time I've laughed in this whole game. I actually cackled.

CAPTAIN!

17. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

You should laugh more.

18. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I don't laugh at stupid things. I might smirk or something but something has to either be genuinely hilarious or catch me off-guard to make me laugh. From a video game, I mean. In real life situations I can't stop laughing.

19. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Every skit/scene with Pascal is hilarious. At least in the JP version. I saw the scenes where she gets her 4th Blast Caliber, and before the final fight in the future arc. They're the best. Pastel Pascal <3

DOES ANYONE HAVE FANGIRL DREAM YET?! IS THAT NOT HER BEST SPELL?

20. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

@JoeTang do Grade Shop things stack? So, for example, if I bought 2x SP and 3x SP would I get 6x SP? Or do they add together for 5x SP. Orrrr would it make me choose one?

edit: unrelated to the above but... what the pineapple at the Fermat quest in the future arc.