Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

But... if 2 theoretical scientists have opposing theories... which one is true? The one that works? The one who argued the most reasonably or delivered it most clearly? The one who pulled strings...?

i.e. who gets to decide what is and what's not?

Hadriel

2. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

Theoretical scientists wait for there to be circumstantial evidence relative to their theory. Both competing theories exist in two separate camps - each with their dogmas - until one camp has enough evidence to destroy the other.

3. Default

Aren't theories never formally proven, anyway? It's whichever theory has the most evidence supporting it that is accepted as "true" until something comes along that proves otherwise?

4. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

Correct.

5. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

As a Chrsitian, I don't really believe in evolution, but if it's real, I think that God created everything and it all evolved.

6. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

Wat.

I gotta say one of the most surprising and depressing things of our time is that even in the year 2012 people still don't believe in evolution. Not directing this to anyone in particular. It can be anyone from OP's sister to fundies who try their best to justify creationism.

7. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

The evolution vs. creationism debate is overrated. I don't really care or think it matters what people believe about evolution (In most cases). You can be a good lawyer, doctor, scientist, etc. irrespective of your beliefs on the subject.

8. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

The epitome of LALALA NOT LISTENING.

9. Default Re: Your thoughts on Evolution?

Isn't that just some sort of grand design evolution? That's sort of acceptable, at least compared to "we were made 5000 years ago and we have evolved none since then". It's the best of both worlds; delusions of a higher power to incite false security, coupled with actual scientific grounding. The only thing I see as a problem is when people stubbornly deny something in the face of overwhelming evidence; at least she is saying "god can do anything, so he can make evolution a reality, too".