Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Empress Ignore/boss damage calculations (DB).

actually, i was confused, i kept thinking you meant phantom's link skill, hence my post of

after he clarified i understood that you meant phantom blow.

2. Default Re: Empress Ignore/boss damage calculations (DB).

There obviously was a mix-up because someone thought you were referring to the Phantom job and either their Link Skill and/or their part-time job. And yes, Phantoms get a source for passive defense ignore.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

@ShinkuDragon; Thanks for the link.

Wow this is actually really interesting. It never occurred to me that we'd be getting to the point where %pdr > %boss

This affects single weapon (1 handed is highly ambiguous) users more than you would think. My BM has ~65% PDR (from Codex, Ambition, and Marksmanship combined) and 40% boss (damn bow won't go legendary after 99 super cubes). I wouldn't consider this outrageous funding and I'm already at the point where it would pay at Empress/PB to swap 10% boss for 10% PDR. I feel like a bit of an idiot for happily cubing away 30%boss + 15%PDR for 40%boss.

I can't recall if many other classes have lower PDR from skills, but this would affect them even more.

Admittedly I'd have to pick up another 20% boss to make any kind of difference at (C)Zak and HT, but I plan to slay her sorry but as soon as she's unglitched

4. Donator Straight Male
    panama

don't forget to count PDR on whichever attack you use to boss, if it has any, my DrK has 60% PDR ignore from impale, ambition and codex, which with 80% boss puts it riiight there at the middle mark, but due to sacrifice's ignore PDR abilities, it's better for me to go full boss% than ignore PDR on my weapon.

stuff to consider. it surprised me when i found this out too, and that nobody ever commented on it (or told me) before, with the year we've had these pots and whatnot ._.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I hadn't forgotten that, ranged classes like BM just don't get any attacks with PDR. I guess MM would be the only exception I can think of offhand.

This also has interesting implications for Mercedes since the combination of Defense Break and Spikes Royal has a rather unique effect. If I were playing my Merc, I would run the numbers and see if it would be worthwhile to get a bit of extra PDR so that Spikes wasn't needed at all.

6. Default Re: Empress Ignore/boss damage calculations (DB).

Can Demon Aegis get % boss damage or PDR ignore?

7. Donator Straight Male
    panama

way to necrobump an old thread, you could have used the search function or something <.<

but yes.