1. Default Help me select a new laptop!

So I'm currently in the market for a new notebook and am having difficulty deciding.

I currently use a 13 inch white MacBook from the summer of 2009. For those of you who don't know, it sports a 2.13 GHz C2D processor with 2GB of RAM and a 160GB HDD. I like it's size but it is a bit bulky when I bring it places.

My options are...

Late 2010 11.6 inch MacBook Air with a 1.6 GHz C2D processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 128 GB Flash Storage. It also has NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics which is supposed to be about two times faster than the 9400M in my current Mac. The screen resolution is also about the same as my 13 inch MacBook (1366x768 Air versus 1280x800 current Mac). $900 new from MacMall.

or

Mid 2011 11.6 inch MacBook Air with a 1.6 GHz i5 processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 64 GB Flash Storage. Also has "Intel HD Graphics 3000" but I don't know what that is. Thunderbolt port, pretty meaningless to me. $850 refurbished from Apple.

Which one is the better value? I'm pretty sure the 2011 Mac will be zippier but I don't know for sure. 2 GB of RAM might be an issue because it's not changeable. Storage is not a problem though, my music is stored in iCloud and Google Music. Oh yeah, keep in mind I pretty much use my computer for browsing, chat, and Photoshop/Lightroom. I don't play any games anymore except for CivIV.

Edit : Just realized I missed the Tech forum. What the hell is wrong with me.

2. Default Re: Help me select a new laptop!

Twice the RAM and storage and a better graphics card for only $50 more really doesn't seem like a competition.
    The word "refurbished" worries me a bit when it comes to electronics as well.

3. Default Re: Help me select a new laptop!

Go to the appropriate thread;
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=32201