Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

No, it won't. It'll just be more tedious. There's nothing challenging about Maple - it is and always has been "hold down skill button to whittle away monster/boss HP, buff every few minutes." But a level cap raise would be nice for all the people stuck at 200 with nothing to do. Before that, though, they need to actually make GEAR for all those empty levels.

2. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

If every map turned into party play and monsters did normal touch damage but 2x-3x damage on their "attack" or "spells" and give them all a different debuff AND have multiple mobs in the same room and not just a single mob... And of course, pot cooldown always makes things interesting.

Actually, grinding would still be boring but at least it'll be interesting. However, the area mobs really need to be buffed to the point where they become un-soloable and there needs to be more bosses (that work).

But as I'm writing this, I realize that potential is what made this game easy and what made it go to hell...

3. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

How about no.

4. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

oh you mean too easy in the sense that you can train at glitched maps for ridiculous amounts of EXP compared to what we had before? And that will change how if Nexon has a higher level cap? If they open up the levels post 200, it basically means that people are going to be at the same training spots for a hand full more levels. It'll be akin to Z4 maps being the highest level, fastest spawn maps in the entire maple world where everyone post level 80 solo trained there for hours, days even, to get to the next level. If that's what you love, then yay for you, but there is much more to the game (I hope) than soloing chaos horntail in 10 minutes and OHKOing the highest level mobs in existence. People can do consistent 1 million damage per hit and the AP levels are capped, meaning damage wouldn't go up very much with a handful of levels. There's too many things to worry about when it comes to raising the cap. Nexon is better off forcing you to make more level 200s, which they are doing now.

5. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Nexon should just remove LHC's party play. It brings too many problems.

6. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

No, they should just make more party play zones with no safe spots so that people are actively training. And as a tradeoff, give more exp per mob than LHC can ever hope for.

Oh wait, I'm describing Stronghold... Nexon needs to make more maps like Stronghold...

7. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

I was talking about how "glitched" maps make it ridiculously easy to level, therefore making 200 a breeze.

8. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

I would love this, but that would work against their current profit cash cow, Potential Cubes.

Right now 200 level content is making the Range on your stat screen go up while you sit and look pretty in the FM.

9. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Without glitched LHC, broken party play, 2x cards and 2x events ALL THE TIME, duped 1.5x cards getting to level 200 wouldn't be such a joke. I know it isn't for me, I've never bought a 2x card, I hardly play on 2x events and I've never trained at LHC at all.

ITT: We repeat the same thing we've been saying for a while.

Also, remove potential.

10. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Yup, Basil actually discuss Maple, doesn't it? Not just OMG Nexon epic fail!

11. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

-

Oh just got what you were trying to say. Basil discuss' maple not just about how nexon sucks

12. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

When it first came out, I thought it was really stupid. People called me crazy. A lot of my friends already quit just because it got hella boring when they hit 200 on multiple accounts when Demon Slayer came out.

13. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

This. I hate hearing my guildies complain about Stronghold because "there are no afk spots".
    OT: Some people made the argument that they (Nexon) just wants everyone to keep making level 200s so they have separate cash shops. Which is partly true, but I think if they really want to make more money, they should just release more content for 190+ or even players that reach level 200. Less people that quit = more people that could potentially buy NX.

14. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Yeah but people quit because its the same repetitive stuff and to make it not repetitive you would have to use game play in which potential wouldn't highly effect the out come. which defeats the purpose of people buying more NX.

15. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Getting to level 200 has never been a challenge.
    That's the dumb thing about grinding.

Unless there's more things to do as a result of being able to get to a higher level, all a raise would do is perpetuate the grind.

I should have read through the thread first, because you've managed to echo my feelings.

Wanted to point out this particular bit though since I never understand when people moan about leveling being "easy".
    Anyone who thinks that taking longer to level is a good thing deserves to be punched in the face for being so stupid.

16. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

They need to restart everything, levels and economy. while taking cubes out. That way they can bring all the challenge and the fun of competitivity back to the game, which they wont do anyway.

17. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

"Restart everything" is never, ever, ever a viable option in an MMO.
    That method wipes out most of the motivation that keeps people playing in spite of the pomegranatetyness.

18. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

The real problem is that it's so easy to get to 200 (2x + 1.5x + hacked LHC), that all the other actual challenges in the game are too tough for the people hitting 200. When you've been getting a level every couple hours, who wants to spend a month getting a single Rising Sun item?

There are things to do at 200, they're just not easy in the way 200 is. Collecting familiars? Not easy. Getting all your traits maxed? Also not easy.

19. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Requoting because this is the only worthwhile solution.

My personal answer to OP is the same as Green4Ever's: how about no. I quit this game years ago and have been satisfied ever since that one of my biggest accomplishments was reaching 200 when it was actually a challenge. Raising the cap to 250 or whatever would ruin all that, and not just for myself but the thousands of other players who've since quit under similar circumstances.

The bottom line though, in the end, is everything Eos and others have been saying: the particulars of leveling up are so polarizingly different from the rest of the game in terms of "challenge" or "commitment" that things just need to be overhauled and a balance restored. GMS had a time when it truly was an amazingly fun, challenging game, a golden age that ended in the latter part of 2009. At this point, either fix the gross imbalances or screw it.

20. Default Re: Nexon Needs To Raise The Level Cap

Maybe people would start doing those things more if there was a way to get recognized for it. All people want is fame (or a column on the highly prestigious maplestory rankings)

The potential system doesn't ruin every aspect of game play, and it actually is probably the main source of NX spending other than MTS in Maple right now. Don't quote me on that, but if it's not where most of the money goes, it would be where a large portion of it does.