Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

First time I seen they actually commented on what's happening :o

3. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Well that's reassuring, considering all the other ways our account info can be compromised f3

4. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Psst. Better try to log in while this happens in case they decide to give compensation.

Also, I bet somehow this will end up being news of some sort online in the coming days. DDoSing NexonAM's biggest game isn't something Nexon will take lightly.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Sad thing is, now that they admit it's a DDoS attack rather than "hardware problems", I suddenly begin to think it might not be.

6. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

I'm surprised they actually admitted to it.

7. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

holy pomegranate

transparency? from nexon?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I'm not.
    It redirects people's anger, frustration, and hatred, from Nexon-who-can't-keep-their-pineappling-servers-up, to the bad groups-or-individuals-attempting-to-keep-you-out-of-your-game.

9. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

And i should believe Nexon because?

10. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Thing is, Nexon isn't exactly quick to admit when stuff like this happens.

11. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

12. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Well they admittied it last time so they couldn't exactly say nothing this time.

13. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

lol u gais

14. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Admitted it last time? They only admitted it after lying to everyone saying that it was an internal server issue, instead of a DDoS attack.

15. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Who cares what the reasons behind the issues are? Doesn't change the fact Nexon's a bunch of baboons throwing money and feces at their computer screens for the off chance it fixes something.

16. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Except it does.

When they claim it's a hardware issue, some of us are left wondering why it takes weeks to identify the malfunctioning hardware. A DDoS attack is much different in the sense that it is a complex issue that they would have to find workarounds in order to solve. These workarounds aren't something that exists and can be magically applied with a click of a button. They actually take time to develop, test, and implement. If they are under a serious, persistent DDoS attack, then the time it's taken to fix this issue becomes more understandable, though it's still long.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that overcoming a DDoS attack would likely involve additional in-depth communication between Nexon & their ISP(s), which adds another layer of difficulty, and time.

17. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

At least they finally have the balls to admit this issue's been going on for quite some time.

18. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Regardless of the issue, Nexon will ALWAYS take their sweet time in fixing it. Your point is moot.

Though I do wonder what the point in taking the game down is in regards to the hackers.....

19. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

Attempting to crash channels in order to duplicate items I'd imagine. That or they're annoyed that Nexon are now actually trying to fix the problems that they [the hackers] started. Removal of hacked items probably has something to do with it.

20. Default Re: Update - Disconnects and Latency Issues

So.. who bets patch will be rescheduled because of this?

Oh well. Guess we'll have to wait a little more.

inb4 we get to know that a group of hackers decided to DDoS them because of their greediness and their lack of care towards their customers. Too bad, it won't probably change that.