IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Default Re: Pirate Revamp

Not having energy on a boss is like 5 seconds out of 65 seconds.
    5/65 seconds you have 0% stance. It's just rare.

Energy charges twice as fast as it used to, and DOUBLE that per hit on bosses, making it like 12x as fast because new barrage is soooo much faster than demo.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You missed the point, but i suppose a better retort would be to use SSK to dodge instead of forcefully taking the damage anyway. Taking the damage means you aren't stuck doing a full SSK, though.

4. Lead Ball Straight Male
    Texas

Well if you wanna go that way, sskick is like 400-500 ms boostered. Real quick. Whenever I use it on zakum to dodge stun pillars or 1/1, I usually have to use it twice because I used it far too early in the animation. Not arguing, just letting you be aware of something.

Also, on an entirely unrelated note: energy blast can hit both arms, the wings, and all 3 heads if you sit in the right spot. 2200% damage to 6 pieces of horntail. It's f'ucking crazy.

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

According to this it's the same speed as fist enrage. 660 ms. (Yeah thread is out dated but SSK is unchanged between that thread and post-revamp) Activating dash doesn't even register as far as a noticeable delay goes, therefore if you can take/don't care about the damage, dash is going to be better for DPS because you can cancel into fist enrage and not be knocked outside of it's pitiful range.

That's right side, yes?

6. Lead Ball Straight Male
    Texas

Well yeah it's probably the same speed, just saying it's really quick so you need to delay yourself a little when you see the animation begin.

Yeah, the right side on the upper platform in the middle tier.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I wouldn't think of it so much as delaying when you see the animation, since i could just memorize when the hit itself is delivered and dodge accordingly. That's how i managed a good approach to empress with demolition, so with a significantly shorter cast time it'll be a LOT trickier, but still feasible especially because the SSK ends within a full jump.

Can't wait.

8. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

Honestly, it's better just to use the 'ol Screw Punch-to-dodge technique. I've even preferred that over using Fists + Dragon Strike when not in Super Transform on my Viper in its current state (just because it's fun). It seems like it'd be a quicker and a much easier method to deal with dodging big attacks than spamming your first job skills.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Requires a mob and it changes your position which isn't always advantageous for you or the people around you.

10. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

Uh... What?

Anywho, it really depends. 90% of the time, if you use Screw Punch on a non-stationary mob surrounded by an expedition of players pounding on it, it won't be knocked back anyway. In Zakum's case (and other stationary bosses), you can just use Screw Punch and jump out of its body's touch damage zone and you'll get out unscathed.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

...Spiral requires a mob. Without a mob you do not move. Without moving you get no iframes. SSK has none of these limitations and is the same cast time.

Spiral has no lasting iframes...doing that results in damage. If there's an expedition of players, most of the time the mob you're going to be rushing towards will be doing at least 15k touch. Highly disadvantageous to possibly end up on top of it.

I realize you're trying to talk about buccaneers now, but this is a revamp thread. None of this is relevant.

12. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

1) I have no idea about Spiral, since the updates haven't reached JMS yet. I'm talking about Screw Punch.

2) If you're worried about taking damage, there's a mob. >_> Obviously, you can't avoid taking damage from a map's trap unless you jump over it (or it somehow misses you).

3) I'm talking about both situations. You will still keep Screw Punch after the revamp.

4) It has enough invulnerability frames for you to get in and out without getting hit. You just have to be quick.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

1) It's literally the same thing except you don't charge it. I say spiral instead of corkscrew because the naming dynamic between dspiral and corkscrew doesn't make sense.

2) ...So in sharing your method on how to avoid damage, which i am arguing is nowhere near as effective as SSK (because it has iframes), you now say that because there's a mob you can't avoid taking damage? >_> Make up your mind.

3) Screw punch isn't always advantageous for avoiding damage pre-revamp either for the same reasons. The only difference is you have to use skills with crazy long cast times to avoid anything. But like i said. This isn't relevant.

4) Not really, no.

14. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

I guess, once again, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I'm talking about, because I do it all of the time. >_>