Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Revamp

1. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

I'm pretty sure that the floating applies in midair. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Pirate Revamp

I just meant to point out the same thing you were. You have to activate it on the ground no matter what. You just said cannon jump, which was kinda confusing.

3. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

Oh, ok then. Anyway, yeah, the new wings isn't as good as Cannon Jump, unless it can go higher normally.

4. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It really just depends on the map. There are quite a few times when cannon jump is a total flop and you waste a relatively significant portion of time trying to actually grab the rope. Usually only when the platforms are really tall and there's only 1 rope to grab. With wings you actually have the option of moving left or right once you're in the air. Both skills have different advantages, wings just gives you more control over the speed you gain if you know exactly how to cannon jump every single time.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

The bold highly intrigues me. Is it really on demand now? I thought we gotta build up energy as usual to get dat stance. Also, is Russelen's (sp?) Potion cheap/craftable?

6. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

Yeah, I agree. In CWKPQ, on my cannoneer, I use cannon jump to get to the top in the totem stage(sometimes I do the sigil before the warrior does). The thing is, with wings, I'll be able to jump up, but not as high, so I won't be able to finish as fast as my cannoneer. It will be pretty useful on certain maps though. It's a great alternative to rope climbing, especially if you have a familiar out (no risk of dcing from the familiar + rope glitch).

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Dash gives 100% stance. Keybind it, activate, don't move/use a skill, and you've got 100% stance for as long as dash lasts.

Russellon's potions are free. You just have to get them one at a time. The speed at which you get a hundred stack depends on how fast you can get to storage. With the 6k instant storage CS thing, it should only take a few minutes to get a stack. They're tradeable, though, so if enough people capitalize on the boost, we might see russellon potion sellers in the FM post-revamp. Should be a lot easier for that to happen now that there's literally no risk to using them thanks to willow defense.

8. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

What is Russellon's potion?

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Poisons your character with a 50 damage tick for 5 minutes. Constant pirate's revenge for 5 minutes.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Oh! I forgot Dash gets that. Swag!

Also, that seems pretty interesting. Will definitely check back Maple when Pirate Revamp rolls around to see how the new changes all play out.

11. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

There's several types of Rusellon's Potion, some act like Power Elixirs while other seal/weaken you or grant you darkness effect.

This video was a total failure though.

12. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

The guy in the video had no control, but even still I'm very interested in the new Captain.
    Rapid fire is good enough for bossing, fuselage is good enough for mobs you can OHKO.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

No s'hit. This is a specific item that poisons you.

14. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

85% Total, actually. You forget the base 15% Mastery.

15. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

It'd be 90%, Melee classes have 20% base mastery.

16. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

I'll add on to what steve hasn't said or has (possibly) said incorrectly.

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

F'ucking quotes.

Waiting out damage reflect or weapon cancel and not wanting to move. Top of horntail mostly. It has uses, so no point berating me for pointing it out.

Should have mentioned energy is active more, stupid of me to think it was obvious.

Talk about being critical. This point was completely neutral.

PDR is synonymous with defense because it is a percentage cut in damage. Physical resistance that empress, hilla, PB have is not PDR.

18. Lead Ball Straight Male
    Texas

Yeah yeah danny just told me. I thought they were different because of me doing pineapple-all damage to hilla. My bad.

19. Default Re: Pirate Revamp

I'd say a decently timed dash-stance would save you the trouble of being knocked off a platform or super knockbacked right? If you know the animations, then you can predict when you need to use dash to avoid the knockback and then proceed to attack right after while everyone else who doesn't have stance gets back to position.

20. Lead Ball Straight Male
    Texas

Well I think it's just worthless when it's only the difference between 90% stance and 100% stance.