1. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

Default Are you legit?

Wanted to know how SP takes on this topic.

Do you think the majority of GMS (possibly MS in general) is legit? I am not only talking about hackers, If you broke the ToS in anyway shape or form. Going from Cursing, to scamming, to multiple accounts,to even hacked spawns. I ask this because, most maplers who are asked this, scream that they are diehard legits, But honestly on a rough estimate the majority of GMS (for example) is illegit.

State your thoughts on this or if it matters anymore because some of the ToS is broken like nothing. (Cursing/multiple accounts/hacked spawns). If you think it doesn't, I ask you this, What makes you different from hackers who also break apart of the ToS?

2. Default Re: Are you legit?

I think you just nailed 99.9% of the global maplestory playerbase.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Are you legit?

I'm pretty sure there are some pretty strict IGN regulations tossed in there as well that virtually no one can pass upon scrutiny.

4. Default Re: Are you legit?

"Cursing?" Like shouting profanities? Um... lol

Anywho, I'm fairly sure I'm considered an illegitimate player because of how I play JapanMS from outside of Japan. Of course, it's the only option for me to play MapleStory, anyway, since I can't exactly play GMS in its current state. >_>

5. Default Re: Are you legit?

On my main account, yes, other accounts are far more iffy. (and not only cause it's against the TOS to have more than one.)

'Oooh' i'm proud to say passes all 13 or whatever of the ign requirements. By being entirely bland.

6. Default Re: Are you legit?

I once hit a girl monster

it haunts me to this day

7. Default Re: Are you legit?

Didn't they remove multiple account rule from ToS anyways.

8. Default Re: Are you legit?

You monster.

9. Default Re: Are you legit?

Well, I'm out.

Also, what ShiKage said. Playing JapanMS outside of Japan.

10. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Anyways, I'm illegit if we're going word-by-word on the ToS - can't say I haven't cursed before.

And actually, my IGN seems to pass the restrictions as well @Stereo. At first glance anyways...

11. Default Re: Are you legit?

Seeing as the site's rules say admission of illegitimacy constitute a ban, WHY.

12. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

For cussing and whatnot, yes, I'm illegit.
    For 3rd party programs, hacks and bots, no, I'm legit.

13. Default Re: Are you legit?

I believe "Mr" would fall under this. If not, "TouchnGo" could be considered a "partial sentence".

14. Default Re: Are you legit?

Part of why it's probably not even been looked at by a lawyer. 'partial sentence' is massively ambiguous. For example, any ign can be used in a sentence...

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

I get comments a lot about this as well, although my IGN was never intended in that way.

16. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

If its not causing drama, Don't see the harm of it.

17. Default Re: Are you legit?

I'm pretty sure Eos and the rest of the team here will only ban people if they're openly admitting they use some form of client manipulation or any kind of third party program that affects the game directly (and probably indirectly). I'm sure he won't ban every person here who admits illegitimacy if they're going by things like, "I have cursed before, so I must be illegitimate."

18. Default Re: Are you legit?

By all strict definitions I am illegitimate. I have bought Empress equips from the (likely hacker) farmers in the FM, bought and used several duped scrolls/WS, exploited a few glitches knowingly or not (at the time) and trained on hacked LHC spawn at least once. I have looted off a botter before and killed spawn that had been botted moments previously thus gaining EXP off a botted enemy, I have almost certainly held botted mesos at one point in time although I haven't ever bought any directly. I have killed GB several times while they couldn't attack and have been in SH/LHC parties at the times when they couldn't attack as well. One thing I have never done is used third party programs...oh wait yes I did, I used dxwnd for a little while back in 2006. I have bought NX codes from other players, and have traded NX items for mesos via gifting (both ways). I may have even KSed once despite constantly trying to avoid doing so.

FILTHY SCUMBAG AND "PART OF THE PROBLEM" STATUS ACQUIRED.

19. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Spoiler

Welp, I'm out. Not that I wasn't by any other criteria. I don't use hacking programs or anything of that sort, but I do have multiple accounts, cuss a lot, and have partaken in glitched spawns. Nowadays I just afk in one place or another.