1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Are you legit?

what i meant was that nowhere it says you can't benefit from it, what it says is that you can't use them to "gain a competitive advantage.

if a hacker offered everyone 10 free shoe for attack scrolls, he's not gaining a competitive advantage, since he gains nothing, and since everyone can get one, everyone gains the same, nobody gains any advantage over the others, so according to what i quoted, it "would be allright"

of course, hackers sell these, so that meso they earn does provide an advantage, but for everyone else, who can buy them whenever they want, it doesn't, which is my argument (merching them from the hacker though, would be a different thing)

i see what you mean with your first line though, funny stuff nexon, even in your ToS.

oh, and multiple accounts WAS forbidden back then, it got removed a while ago though.

2. Default Re: Are you legit?

Honestly with the way the TS made it seem, it was basically impossible to say "Yes, I'm Legit"...despite the 19 people that are currently attempting to.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm legit in the sense that I've never used any hack program what so ever. Never duped anything. Never helped anyone hack or dupe. Never exploited any game/market breaking glitches or exploits.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

almost in the same boat as you ryu.

4. Default Re: Are you legit?

Nexon's ToS is so ridiculous to the point where I doubt there's a single person who can claim they have never broken it in any shape or form.

5. Default Re: Are you legit?

Ah. So you broke the old rules when they were current, but, had you done it later, you wouldn't be guilty of anything?

Anyway, I had to clarify since you said "(it is) against the TOS to have more than one" when it is no longer.

That's an extreme hypothetical situation which would require constant vigilance to maintain.
    For example, if a single player didn't receive ten Shoe for Attack scrolls, that player would be at a disadvantage.
    This would include any and all players to start after the fact, even years later.

I get what you're saying, but I'm sure Nexon would have no problem banning people for such a thing mostly because they've banned people for even more tenuous offenses in the past.

It's just lawyer-talk.
    It pays to be vague whenever it might not be personally detrimental.

Yeah, I know, but people kept talking as if it were against the rules now.

"Legit" has nothing to do with following the Terms of Use.

I mean, I could just keep posting this over and over, but that's against Southperry's rules, so I'd prefer not to have to do so.

6. Default Re: Are you legit?

As it is now, if you want to know if you are legitimate or not you should ask yourself if you knowingly help exploiters to profit from their endeavours or not.
    If the answer is no, congrats you are not a significant part of the problem. You may buy stuff that is duped without knowing it but you own nothing close to the attack scrolled racc masks, VSS or earrings.
    Intent is what will have to seperate the decent players from the problem, but you can't feign ignorance and get away with it either.

7. Default Re: Are you legit?

I consider myself legit in the same way I consider myself a good citizen even when I probably broke the law multiple times. I think that because I simple don't cheat in Maplestory and don't do anything that affect other peoples gameplay negatively, and for me that's the line that define a legit player from an unlegit one.

8. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

By that logic, I am illegitimate because...

1. I have more than 1 account (my first account got hacked and is impossible to have it logged in.)
    2. I also use a program to play JMS.

BUT that doesn't mean I do exploits, such as hack, glitch, and duplicate. I never do these kind of bullcrap because it's unfair in God knows so many levels.

9. Default Re: Are you legit?

I'm in the same boat, except I go a bit further in that I have never bought anything illegit out of FM (as I've mentioned before, the only white scrolls I used were the ones farmed from that nightmare Christmas event where botters autolooted almost everything, my bow (heck, I even found the darn thing, so there's no way its duped) is scrolled via 10%s + Vegas + Pams...unless you want to try and tell me dupers dupe 10% bows for whatever reason) and the fact that I do not use any xx attack snowshoes, xx attack earrings/masks, or anything else that can be incriminating. While my equips are in the mediocre range, I still prefer mediocrity to duped or potentially duped gear.

As for training...its hard to be illegit when all you do is pap twice, gunboss, and then log off everyday.

If you want to take a religious aspect on this, then "we've all fallen short of the mark" (Which is why we all need Jesus!). However, from a REASONABLE standpoint (heck, I would say even BEYOND a reasonable standpoint), I would say that I am legit in the sense that should Nexon EVER for whatever reason ban ANYONE for exploiting their game, ranging from buying/using duped gear or scrolls to owning EE hacked equips to even training on glitched maps or abusing PQs, I can say with confidence that I am absolutely positive that I will not be amongst those banned for it, which is more than most can say.

Meh, just my two cents. I realize this thread can have no winners, though its an interesting thread nontheless.

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Well, that requirement of no cursing automatically disqualifies just about everyone that tries to talk about "an alliance," "savage/charged/etc. blow," and so many more of the other curses that get cut out and replaced with asterisks by the overly twitchy censor code during normal speech.

Still, even without that, I guess I'd still be considered illegitimate. I have once trained at a hacked LHC map; of course, I didn't know that it was at the time, but that's hardly an excuse, since even then I kind of figured that it wasn't supposed to have 30 bears on every platform. I also have several accounts so that I can take full advantage of the events that give out extra character slots, as well as compensation for rollbacks and such. Oh, and I have knowingly taken advantage of some of the glitches that have occurred over the years, which is definitely an illegitimate action, even if I tried to remain more tame than others.

Basically, I'm the kind of guy who claims to be legitimate in that I do not, under any circumstances, try to hinder others' enjoyment of the game, and will not do anything that could possibly have a negative effect on others. I refuse to hack, I refuse to scam, I refuse to ks, and I most certainly refuse to do anything that would hurt the economy. Though, just about everything else is fair game.

11. Default Re: Are you legit?

Which throws back to the point I was making a while ago: everyone should just be happy about their own version of legitimacy. As long as it's not hurting others or the game in general it's fine.

12. Default Re: Are you legit?

This!

By ToS I'm such a badass, I curse (a lot), My IGN got me banned from basil, I have trained on glitched/hacked/boosted maps w/e you want to call it, I am/have been the owner of duped items, I have bought empress gear/CHTP and perhaps other illegitimate items from illicit sources. I have exploited glitches (in the past, I avoid this now), I have bought NX with mesos, This could go on.

However I'am still legit imo. Just because I do some things which make me illegitimate in the eyes of the ToS, It's not like nexon kept their side of the deal either is it? When the cash shop was opened.. Nexon vowed that CS items would never give players an advantage..

13. Default Re: Are you legit?

I am guilty of swearing. Then again, Nexon has eased up on it's swearing policy with the implemention of the ******* filter. Does that make me illegit? No. Do I consider myself legit? Yes. I've never hacked, benefited from hacks, benefited from "errors" in Nexon's coding, benefited from duplications of any kind, never used disconnection programs against my fellow mapler. Do I know if my mesos are legit? That's anyones guess. I have a store permit like most of the population, so if illegit mesos have circulated through my store, there's no way I could even know. All of my items are self scrolled (horribly) and self cubed. I've never trained on glitched maps or with people I suspected as glitchers. Most of my training parties were with myself, my husband, and four other people from my guild/alliance. Is my alliance legit? I believe so. They have the same beliefs as my husband and I.

In short, I have played this game legitly and will continue to do so.

14. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Swearing = non-legit? By this definition then no. By my definition then yes, scrolled/potted all my gear and only used duped scrolls since you can't really tell. I'll be surprised if anybody is legit by what OP suggested aha

15. Default Re: Are you legit?

Stop with this ToS definition, it is nonsensical. Cheating player = illegitimate player, though the scale and frequency of these cheating acts comes into play too. You don't cheat by being an arse and/or being rude. Simple enough.

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

God, this is thread is such a great lure to get hackers admitting they hacked (and thus getting them banned).

17. Default Re: Are you legit?

I don't see the point of this thread besides trying to be a smart ass about the TOS. Of course everyones broken the TOS in some shape or form, hell if you have another ID you've broken it.

Hey guy's is the sky blue

x For yes
    o For no

...Or is this some type of support for hacker mentality? "hey everyone's broken the TOS which defaults them to cheaters so I might as well make it worth it!".

18. Default Re: Are you legit?

Clicked the wrong one... -_-
    No, I don't really consider myself all that legit.

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Obviously, everyone's definition of what legit is in this game varies. But as for myself, I think legit is:

1. Not ever hacking the game.
    2. Avoiding glitches (for personal gain).
    3. Avoiding duping or duped gear.
    4. Being opposed to hacking, duping, glitching, and generally anything which directly or indirectly ruins gameplay for others.

I like how, currently, people conveniently ignore #3 above when it comes to legitimacy. When you know you possess a duped item, you're not legit. End of story.

The worst thing I've probably ever done is being in a party which used the exp glitch when OPQ first came out (sometime in 07' or '08 I think) two or three times, although at that time, the concept of a glitch like that was new to just about every normal player yet it was so accessible. It turned out to be a litmus test of personal legitimacy for me and I vowed to never do anything of the sort again. Does abusing it in the slightest make me illegit? Not at all imo. But again, I can understand the large grey area between perceived legitimacy and unlegitimacy.

20. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh... Well then, lf> vote change to legit pls :(