Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

I've heard rumors on a not-so-trustable forum that they don't work anymore, is this true?

2. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

They are all skewed and they are reduced.

They were removed in Big Bang, but then were added back with reduced bonus (10%/5% instead of the original 25%/10%). Unfortunately they screwed up the elements on each wand and staff. There is a chart elsewhere on this site that lists them each.

3. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

I was already aware of the changes up to the point you mention. I just heard on basil that they don't work at all anymore.

4. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

They do.

5. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/227...ves_Guide.html

The boosts are barely noticeable with some weapons giving a +5% increase compared to the +25% pre-bb.

6. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

This was in the guide, should be why people believe they don't work anymore.

7. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Why should that make people believe they no longer work?

8. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Testing the wands while having Elemental Reset turned on and not seeing the damage increase (without knowledge of the guide).

9. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

But the bonuses/penalties still apply when using elemental reset.

10. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

That's the point.

Less knowledgeable folk believe that using EReset will remove the bonus. THus, they cast it, hit the snaill for 25000 damage and think that's baseline. Then they turn off Reset and hit it again. They get the same 25000. Thus they are fooled into think they don;t work.

11. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Most monsters dont even have elemental weaknesses anymore..or if they do its barely noticeable which is also a reason why the bonus's are barely noticeable..They still work though..but eh..before they nerfed the lhc mobs from fire to neutral (crockies/bears) Evans / F/p mages owned those maps ..

12. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Are they still glitched to where 1/2/5/6 give 10% Fire/5% Poison and 3/4/7/8 give 10% Ice/5% Lightning? Assuming so lol.

13. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

I feel there is no 'barely noticeable' when it comes to ele weakness. 150% damage is very, very noticeable. Any Bishop will tell you that right away. 2HKO can very easily become 1HKO, which is immediately apparent. A mob's ele weakness has nothing to do with how effective an Ele weapon is, though.

14. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Wait, what...the bonuses still hang around when Ele Decrease is on.

If it helps you, I'll try grabbing some SSes and test them again when I can get around to it. I'm almost positive nothing has changed since Aftershock though.

Aside from the exceptions that have always been, yeah, pretty much.
    Last edited by Kalemora; 2012-03-04 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Need to read better, derp.

15. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

EDIT: Nevermind, we are all saying the same thing. EWands get the damage bonus even when Ele Decrease is active.

16. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Never mind then.
    Last edited by Kalemora; 2012-03-04 at 04:12 PM. Reason: No point

17. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

I edited my post once I realized that you were responding to a post that had already been addressed and that we were in agreement. You must have caught it before I fixed it.

18. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

Yes, its been that way for around a year now.

Pretty much given up on posting about it in the nexon glitch report forum.

19. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

I edited my quote once I caught your fix, lol.

In other news, nice to see notification of being quoted now.

20. Default Re: Does the elemental boost from elemental wands/staffs still work?

meanwhile in msea....

Big bang = asf claimed to have bonuses removed. tested and bonuses were not removed(25, 10).
    chaos = asf claimed to have 'reinstated' the bonuses at a lower rate(10, 5), tested and BONUSES WERE COMPLETELY REMOVED.