Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cash5 How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

@__@,

I am sadly I am awful at pvp,

except 4 lag issue,

I think my attack is bad,give u an example,when I attack him/her,they only sub a little hp,and they attack me,I lose half of the total hp,some times I died in 2 seconds.

I think bowmaster is not good at pvp,and any idea?

I attack them ,they almost lose HP,

my attack range is low......

I am confused...

2. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Pvp in maple is just a horrible idea some classes shine while others are worthless and pvp is back in Kms?

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Attack range, for the most part, doesn't matter in PvP.

What does matter is Battle ATK. Equips such as Larson's set adds battle ATK, which increases PvP damage.

I'm not experienced with BMs, but I think what most BMs do is set down your scarecrow close to a mob of people, jump over to the side, and spam inferno.

It's not really the class that sucks; I've seen every class do well in PvP except for Buccs, who really do suck.

4. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

I've even seen a bucc do well.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Hm, how well?

6. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Your scarecrow can help absorb some of the damage you take; since it has low HP and low damage, just place it up in the respawn platform since it won't score you many points nor survive very long.
    If you see large groups of players, spam Inferno once if a decent distance away. If you happen to get caught in the middle of a crowd, keep jumping up and spamming Arrow Rain while moving away from the crowd at the same time. If you're going 1 on 1 against another player, use Strafe, since lag renders Hurricane useless. If you're ever low on HP, try to get the HP recovery item, unless you have insanely high battle attack that would actually make Drain Arrow useful.
    Getting a set of PvP gear helps a lot; not only does it increase your damage but the set bonus also gives you some extra HP to hopefully stay alive longer.
    Also, you should consider getting the attack and defense buffs inside the PvP map, they help a lot.
    One thing that makes it rather hard to stay alive is ultimate skills. Ultimate skills can easily make you lose about half your HP bar (or just makes you incapable of doing anything if you're hit with Demon Cry), so if you happen to be in a room full of players that can cast ultimates, try waiting up in the respawn platform for a while until some of the ultimate skills have been casted and are on cooldown.

7. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

bowmans cant really pvp that well best ive seen one get to is 500 points even if you get tons of battle atk wont help you much

8. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

I'm pretty sure TakeHimPlz is a BM...

Of course, nothing compares to the lv.200 f/p with full pvp gear, but that's normal.

9. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

BMs can pvp, just takes a lot of luck, timing, and skill. I personally stay away from pvp because I think its garbage, but I've seen some bms do very well there.

10. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

eh, other people just suck maybe that archmage though pretty nice

11. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Quite well.
    He was actually competitive with me and this one Evan. I don't remember who won, but it was so close to barely mean anything.
    No class is simply BAD at PvP, it just takes varying levels of skill to play one well. Rather like different champions in different settings in LoL. Actually, very much like that.
    Also, @Liteness, I've had a BM with only a Ipos weapon outdo everyone in the room, including me, a 200 BaM, a Mechanic who's one of the best PvPers in gali by far, and an I/L.
    That was a FUN match.

12. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

It's not so bad if you go on at a less busy time and can somehow get a decent latancy on hurricane. Unfortunately, since nexons servers have rice paper for motherboards, bowmasters are pretty much out of luck.

Ultimate inferno can get you some way, as does phoenix + sticking Elite puppet on the spawn area, but I can't work out a way to do significantly well. Then again, I hate PVP so I haven't tried very hard.

13. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

LolEvan at PvP.
    Surprised a mech is one of the best PvPers in a world anyways. Was it a match where there wasn't much running and everyone killed each other at the same spot over and over again? I can't see a BM winning a match with someone who is considered the "best PvPer" unless everyone there were morons and decided to feed points by jumping and dying on the same spot which happens sometimes in maps like Gold Richie's storage or Ariant. That or there weren't that many people, the BaM was slow, didn't use chains correctly, and was weak, and well BMs can kill mechs rather easyly on PB's map/KoC map if they know what they are doing.

14. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Aran.

15. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Nope.
    I've seen some pretty good Arans as well.
    Tempest can catch fleeing enemies and they have natural high HP as a warrior.

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I only made a brief foray into PvP on my BM when it was knew. I found it incredibly annoying because I spent more time buffing after every death than I did killing.

You should only ever use two attacks in PvP, Inferno and AR. Hurricane is total trash, not because of latency but because of the intended delay. I live in SD and my connection has very small latency yet it's virtually impossible to do any damage with hurricane.

AR is great if you can use it on players above you or when jumping. Use Inferno the rest of the time.
    My best advice is to stand back and let everyone kill each other while you spam Inferno from afar. Use double jump to run around so that chasing you isn't worth their time.

I would not leave puppet at the spawn zone. It may not have a lot of hp, but puppet is great for blocking attacks from ranged opponents.

Disclaimer, I never got seriously into PvP and its completely dead in Zenith so take what I say with a grain of salt. Just my experience

17. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Aran is a good job, but only 1% of the arans who PvP don't lag in there. Not an easy job to play there either and they are only good on PvPs with +5 people playing. Even if hurricane doesn't lag, BMs aren't good.
    Edit: What the guy above said are good tips to be good as a BM in PvP (puppet sucks at blocking attacks though), but you won't be able to beat everyone in a match unless they play awful/PvP equips/game full of other archers, NLs, and sairs.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Well, to be fair, the highest-scoring Bucc I've ever seen was ConcreteFist (?) at 1.5k points. I don't know how many points your Bucc got though. The problem with Buccs is that they have the crap mobility of Warriors (aided a little by ST, but when other classes have FJ...) while not having the high HP of them. Demo locks you into animation and it has a CD. DS is pretty much their only mob move and it doesn't hit as hard as other mob moves, although its speed isn't quite so slow anymore. They either can't or almost never stun, and have no status debuffs to inflict. All in all, they definitely are one of the lowest tiers of natural PvP capabilities.

Both Evans and Arans are pretty good if you know how to play them. I can name a couple of decent ones off of the top of my head: MajesticViet, KillerCombo, Swirlled. They both thrive in mob situations.

19. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Evans are top-tier, a lot of the really good PvPers in gali are/were evans.

20. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Gotta say Gali is weird, I'd like to play with them. In Windia, all top-tier people I've seen are 4 or so DrKs, 1 Bishop, 1 Shadower, 2 BaMs, 1 Aran, 2 Mercedes, and 1-2 DS? (kinda stopped playing, so I'm not sure how many OP DSs are good at PvP). There are other jobs with full PvP sets, but even with that they are only average, so I don't know a pro Evan. I know NLs and BMs with full PvP equips, but no way they can beat any of the top-tier.