Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

I did all the time. Now it's completely pineappleed up with the legend classes. They re-nerfed hurricane, it was actually partially usable. It was so useable that I come in first place 95% of the matches. I didn't even have PVP gear at the time, I only had my training equipment.

2. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

i think it's cause gali is dead lol so you don't see many different people pvping

3. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

500 is abysmal X_X

Highest I've gotten:

I think the only battle attack I had at the time was from level 70 ambition too, as Im still using normal earrings, etc.

That being said, there are times when I do miserably (800ish) too. The ultimate thing to remember: NEVER try and fight with a guy 1 vs. 1. You'll lose 9 out of 10 guaranteed. We simply do not have the 1 vs. 1 firepower. Also, understand your terrain. Know where you can stand to use rain without getting hit (especially on that Pink Bean map...it does miracles to stand on the ledges out of range of the mech's laser), and run away from the merc when they first come down, as from experience, their unicorn attack knocks out 60-70% of your hp in one go.

We're definitely not built for PvP like some other classes are, but it doesn't make us a complete pushover either.

4. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

nobody does 1vs1 in pvp lol group attacks always gives more points, but for bowmans i usually kill them in 2-3 hits so they don't score much when im in it

5. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

If someone's purely buttdevestating everyone and not getting hit (i.e., a mech lazering both sides of the map from the center of the PB map) it's a lot better to go 1v1 against them, even if you lose.

6. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

i rather kill groups and die than ditch the group and go 1vs1 for less points

7. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

Eww Im sure you remember me Liteness I got way more then 500 points if I remember correctly..and so did another BM I played with...it doesnt matter though..like said before Pvp is garbage and shouldnt be in maple.. once you get battle attack you become TO strong and once you attack people start dropping like flies.

Edit : AlastReprise is the other BM im talking about..and his SS proves it lol. and Hi dere

8. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

!!!! i keel all BM!

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I think I've seen BMs do better in Bera, although I'm honestly not sure. The main problem with BMs is that they're super squishy. And yeah, Battle Atk really does unbalance PvP, but I still love it, even though I have like 13 B ATK.

10. Default Re: How to make bowmaster on pvp better?

It's funny how disproportionately battle attack helps, when my NL had no Rising Sun it was doing like 700-800 on an average round, +8 batk (2 pieces + misc) and it's suddenly able to get 1000+ in pretty much any round where I join at the start.

NLs are still pomegranatety against mobility classes though, no vertical range to speak of on any attack/debuff, so if someone's jumping, lag means you can't hit them. It's probably the worst on the PB map cause it has all the nearby platforms that every other class can hit you from.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

There're a couple of MMs that can kill me in 2-3 US
    Even with my crappy B ATK I don't think I do too badly myself though. Although this may have some relation to the fact that I'm a Shadower.

12. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Magic attack seems to do something though. I did tests with my friend with a full set. His 22x VIP wand did more than his clean eligos (Eligos took 8 hits on a DB friend while VIP took 7).
    I still don't understand why people complain about pvp not being in maple. Its another addition. Sucks to be you if you get under 1k, because that is not Nexon's fault in any way. Quit Whining.
    Broa's PvP communitie is the nicest community here and i would rather it not be ruined by people who complain all day because they suck at controlling their character.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Typo?

Anyways, ATK does make a difference if you have a lot of it, but since no one's going to stand still waiting for you to get 7 or 8 hits in, the difference is so negligible compared to actual character control.

Bera has a pretty nice PvP community as well; when I PvP'd regularly, I saw familiar faces each round (especially that one mech whose IGN escapes me, but we had some friendly insulting).

14. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

I've seen people with hacked stoonetooth do absolutely nothing compared to me.
    I had a test myself...

Stats: Full agares (save my bloody sword in some cases) and 3/5 RS Vs non buffed mage

-All buffed w/ 68 atk 1 str glowing whip with blast: 7 hits

-All buffed excluding MW32 w/ 68 atk 1 str glowing whip: 7 hits

-All buffed w/ 173 attack bloody sword 1 star 38 str 7 dex: 7 hits

-All buffed excluding MW32 w/ 173 attack blood sword 1 star 38 str 7 dex: 7 hits

Although with bloody sword, he was near death by 6th hit likely to losing 11 battle attack. Attack does basically nothing, and in tests w/ my paladin and my friend's DB, magic attack did something.
    Certain Tests were put here.
    Also that wasn't a typo. People are complaining that pvp shouldn't be in MS. This is likely because they don't know how to PvP. I know the sentence sounds funny, but i honestly could care less. The PvP community in basil is so much better/nicer than here.