Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

Then can you think of any reason at all for them to do it? It makes absolute no sense to me. Even if they did it on purpose, then it should have been put on their website with the release saying "Empress won't be kill-able though until later" but there's no source (that he can find currently). If they don't say anything, it's a very safe and fair assumption to make that it's glitched and they can't fix it.

2. Won't Be Coming Back Male

Server: Windia
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Lethal

Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

If it was intended to be unkillable until this patch, then why was there no mention of the change whatsoever?
    We only found out because someone actually tried it.
    I'd assume that something like making the strongest boss in the game finally killable would warrant at least a line in the patch notes.

3. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

I'm guessing kMS had the original Empress heal to a certain amount. They kept releasing content to see if people would reach that magical number of x heals by adding Dojo gloves, Legendary potential, and all that good stuff but managed to fail at them actually "killing" it. So a couple months later they re-thunk it and decided on giving it a special indicator on when it will be killed.

4. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

Not the first time they've done it either. PB was glitched in KMS for a good while too, with the body not spawning. And I believe the reasoning back then was the same as well, that it was not ready to be beaten.

5. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

I thought the first time they killed ariel, it was 6 minutes left and PB did summon.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Blizzard with WoW.
    They've made multiple bosses have "Unkillable" status, because they were still tweaking the boss of its bugs.
    Granted Blizz =/= NexonKR.

7. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

Yeah I'm with locked/casp too, they probably didn't want it to be killed within two weeks so they could keep marketing it as like the communities new goal. Allows them to focus on other content besides harder bosses as well.

8. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

It baffles me still but I'll accept it then.

9. かっか! Straight Male
    IGN: HARUKASAN!
    Server: 765Pro
    Level: 999
    Job: Puchi
    Guild: Puchimas!
    Alliance: iDOLM@STER
    canada

Regarding JMS..

I checked a JMS player blog that does Empress frequently. Apparently, the 'unbeatable' thing was readded in one of the recent patches. It said Cygnus healed SIXTY FIVE times before she died.

10. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

They must be extremely strong to do it that many times ._.

Can you see if they have the "must be killed under 9:59" rule in place? Or maybe it's even lower.

11. Neutron Male
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

To be honest, I think horntail was intentionally glitched as well. I wouldn't be surprised if KMS made Empress unkillable in order to indirectly promote sales and retain interest in the game, at least until they released more boss content.

There's no longer an ultimate boss that people can strive for anymore (empress is soloable) let alone anything that requires the 100% bossing+ and 30% stat items people get. I know a lot of people who have lost interest in the game for this reason and have gotten tired of making/funding new characters.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

There's never been an "Ultimate Boss" since the release of Potential...
    Although there's been a couple "Impossible Bosses", aka PB and Empress.

13. Neutron Straight Male

IGN: SheLikesIt
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Fatal <3
    Alliance: A bunch of homos

At least maple truly used to be challenging in the aspect of finding capable members to boss for the first 6 months of potential. I remember when 6% gear was 1B+ all over the place, and when the only thing people had potentialed was their weapon.

14. Neutron Male
    usa

Right, that was my point. Pink bean was the last boss to hold that status. Empress was supposed to be the successor to it, but as you can see, it never had the aura of invincibility/inevitability that pink bean had because everyone's so strong now. At least for pink bean there was a lot of upgrading required to beat it. For empress, we don't even need the new potential tier to beat it.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Even with the upgrading, PB was impossible until Potential, because the fight was designed around it :/

16. Neutron Male
    usa

Yes, and you can not say the same for empress (impossible until legendary tier)...

17. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

No.
    It would have been possible before Legendary came out if it had been fixed before then. You're mistaking correlation for causation. Just because the first defeat in KMS came after Legendary potential came out does not mean that it would have been impossible for it to happen before Legendary potential.

18. Neutron Male
    usa

Reread the context please (especially the quote I quoted).

19. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Patches are being applied in gMS between 5 and 6 months after kMS. They were 7 months, 6 months, and slowly getting quicker. Perhaps a year or two from now you guys will only be 3 or 4 months behind.

20. Default Re: Empress boss was fixed in KMS during the DB Revamp! ETA for GMS?

didn't jms defeat it without potential