Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

It was a generalization. Take it with a grain of salt.

Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone.

2. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Default Re: Opposite racism?

Yeah.

Yes and no. Racism is based on oppression of minorities, which essentially eliminates the majority from being on the receiving end of racism.

Its a very stupid concept to me, since I have been on the receiving end of racism, and I am white, but when dealing with the issue itself, it can never be classified as racism because I am white.

On a side note, next week, my school is putting on an event called the Tunnel of Oppression, in which we deal with body image, heterosexualism, religious oppression, racism, and social oppression. In this event, I get to put the German blood in me to use as an actor playing a Nazi solider....Hella awkward.

3. Default Re: Opposite racism?

Observation: some Black people are uneducated fools.

Generalization: Black people are uneducated fools.

Generalizations are an easy way to offend people. You should probably avoid them, especially when you're talking about a negative quality, and even moreso when the general topic is racial discrimination. Racism exists because of stereotypes and stereotypes exist because of generalizations.

And no, racism needn't be directed at a minority. Discrimination of any kind based on any race is racism. A lot of people don't find racism against Whites to be offensive, and others don't mind neutral or positive discrimination to be bad either (example: blackpeoplemeet.com or the steretype that Asians are smart). But it doesn't matter. Racial discrimination of any kind is still racism. Period.

4. Default Re: Opposite racism?

Nitpick. Racism is oppression of any group of people due to a characteristic (assumed or unfounded) of that group. It can happen to minorities (black people are loud), majorities (white people are closet racists), ethnic groups (jews are money grubbing), religions (catholics fondle children), etc..

5. Default Re: Opposite racism?

If you want to take offense to basic psychology then be my guest. I really don't care to argue about it.

6. Default Re: Opposite racism?

It's actually ironic because the only part you didn't bold implied my sarcasm.