1. Cash7 If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

The title is pretty vague so i'll explain it a little bit here.
    And I bet this was asked a thousand times so if I shouldn't ask this just let me know.
    I don't want to be ''one of those guys''

But yeah, if there was a list for bossing/mobbing/1vs1 where would each class stand?

All classes: (Pretty obvious but might be usefull if you want to re-read what classes there are)
    Hero, Paladin, DarkKnight, DemonSlayer, Aran, NightLord, Shadower, DualBlader, Bowmaster, Marksmen,
    Mercedes, WildHunter, Buccaneer, Corsair, Cannoneer, Mechanic, I/L Archmage, F/P Archmage, Bishop, Battlemage, Evan.
    (I didn't count in the Cygnus Knights seeing they can only get to Lv 120.)

So a total of 21 classes. (Phantom not included).
    I know this is probably impossible but i'd like to try anyway.

Note: this list will be based on post union.

Bossing

Mobbing

1Vs1

2. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

How are you going to compare them in terms of equips? Best attainable isn't realistic at all with how much money you need to put to have everything perfect scrolled and legendary pot.

It's really a lame effort, even if you manage to do it, it will still have no real meaning and will serve only for people to go and QQ about their class or to say all people of X class are noobs.

3. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

Go get some level 200's with maxed Empress Blessing.
    Go fight krexel until its second eye.. Record your time soloing the second eye with just a clean level 10 weapon using no decent skills, just your own class buffs.

Just an idea.. You won't get bumped around or anything. Krexel is pretty much strong to every element.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

I'm not sure what a "bossing" list would look like, but you could arrange the classes using JoeTang's % calculations then include weapon multipliers and equips. The problem with such lists is that they are extremely subjective when it comes to "equal" levels of "funding".

Do it if you want, but there's really no incentive to create a list which will be lambasted across the entire internet if you try to use it to "prove" which class is better at anything.

5. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

Well if someone QQ's about their class being weak then I will just ignore them. Its pure out of curiousity.
    And it would be best to compare them in a way of ONLY class based. So for example if you would put each class next to eachother
    gave them a full set of reverse equips (Clean obviously). with avg stats. So basicly exactly the same equip stats but for different jobs.
    So that only the skills of the class will make a difference, not the equips.

Also, this doens't have to be spot on. I just want some peoples oppinion about what they think anyone who starts complaining
    should just pineapple off. I thought the biggest part of SP was mature enough to not care about this. If not, I guess we'll notice that eventually.

6. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

Having clean equips excludes the differences that scrolling brings to each class. Not to mention the differences from potential (for having more or less potentiable equips).
    It would also be unrealistic and meaningless.

Also, what do you mean by "mobbing", F/Ps would be the best given a big enough mob since DoT has no target limit.

7. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

I am not understanding the differences between 1v1 and Bossing categories O.o To me 1v1 is bossing, so the categories should just be two :D

As for an actual list, take Joe-Tang's %dmg numbers. Attempt to include a dmg cap and possible other factors(Ele wpns, elemental bonuses, other things) and determine a level of funded-ness to start with. Unfunded, Average, or Godly?

8. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

^You'd need to figure out an average, clean damage range with say 40% boss damage (30% weapon + 10% from DS, could skip this entirely though) and then calculate each class using the %/s calculations if you want to do it accurately. Pretty sure Mercedes/Phantom/Evan/Aran are all in the top 5 or so for both 1v1 and mobbing though.

9. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Bossing : merc/phantom

Mobbing : buccaneer

1v1 : merc/phantom

10. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

As I've said before, the useful information is how much base attack each class gets, relative attack values from equips/weapons, % bonuses from skills, and multiplier. It would be helpful if we standardized a way to quantify these class specific parameters into one value, that combined with % dps, gives us a more accurate view of relative class damage. Obviously those values are not true for everyone, but it is helpful to recognize that some classes get a lot of base attack while others have a high multiplier (thus high range per attack) - that's the weakness of only comparing % dps.

11. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

That would defeat the purpose for Magicians. They're at their best when they have elemental advantage, but even without it, they should at LEAST look at NEUTRAL damage. But if you're comparing the BEST a class can do? Definitely look at a Magician having elemental advantage.

We know some damage formulas though, right? Calculating DPS for each class should be a simple matter. The only debatable thing would be what stats to assume for each class (clean gear, perfect scrolled, perfect potential, no stats from gear at all, etc.), but with a nice spreadsheet, multiple data sets could be compared for varying levels of equipment for every class. I'd be interested in seeing how the classes compare DPS-wise when you look at the effect gear could play on it, especially as that relates to the market value that such equipment would have.

And by the way, damage isn't everything. Different classes offer different experiences. Some have different playing styles that some people might consider more fun, some may require less expensive equipment, some may have valuable support skills, better mobility allowing for better killing power in real situations, etc. Just being able to do a higher DPS while standing still in one place isn't the only thing to consider about a character.

12. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Having mained a demon slayer, I don't think I'd put it at the top of the list for bossing. (Then again, I haven't had a F$@%ING Dark Metamorphosis attack buff, which could change things pretty drastically.)

While demon slayers do have skills that increase boss damage and ignore huge amounts of defense, I found the speed of such attacks is so poor, it does not even come CLOSE to competing with something like Hurricane or Ishtar's Ring, given similar stat equipments.
    This also depends on the boss though..... Bosses like Zakum that have a bunch of appendages and summons hoards of monsters all the time made me feel a bit more useful. When it's pure 1v1 bossing, though, eh.......

Some things to consider, though; I was not willing to fork out 250mil+ for Demon Impact 30, which would have increased my boss damage a bit--but not to the extent of it being comparable to a high DPS skill. And again, dark metamorphosis. ughfhudsgaksdasda;ld.

This is mainly if you're just focusing on pure damage abilities though... I'd put demon slayers pretty high on ability to survive boss battles--High HP and a buff that doubles your defense as well as granting 80% status resistance goes a long way. Combined with high leveled Willpower, a buffed up demon slayer can become practically immune to things like seduce, which can be insta-game-over for a lot of the high DPS classes.

13. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

Bossing: Demon Slayer, Mercedes, Phantom... and any other legend nexon decides to release later. They will be OP.

14. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

It seems like it'd be a DPS chart minus numbers plus some other categories. The reason I don't trust DPS charts also applies to this list - funding effectiveness. Each class has different multipliers and equips, so throwing 3b at an NL may have more of an effect than, say, sinking the same 3b into a DrK.

15. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

Evan and Mercedes would be at the top or close to for 1v1, Evan similar for mobbing but I don't know much about Mercedes mob skills. The fact that Evans get Dragon Fury for passive range increase and Mercedes get (what's it called?! the green animal thing) which does the same helps them out a lot. Ring of Ishtar is crazy for single target and Illusion/Blaze are both awesome too.

16. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

throw enough meso/nx at a class and you can be the best. play what you like.

17. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

Yeah, spend enough and a Bishop can do best damage at a boss.

Or not.

18. Default Re: If there was a class chart for bossing/1 vs 1/mobbing.

so put bishop at 21 for all 3, and everything else is money dependent.