1. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

Default Sexual Attraction Discussion

I'm Not Sure If It's Been Discussed Before Because I Can't Find It In The Search.

Are You Genetically Coded To Be Attracted To The Same/Opposite Sex?

Personally, I Don't Think You Are Born To Like Anything.

Your Thoughts.

2. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

First, Please Don't Type Like This.

Second, if it was a choice I would personally quite easily choose to be completely straight so as not to disappoint my parents with the realization that both of their children are gay. Especially since our whole "family line" essentially stops with me.

Extremely controversial debate you're spiking here.

3. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

different strokes for different folks
    there's no logic behind fetishes

4. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

To say its genetically coded just sounds weird, but I don't think anyone would willingly want to be gay.

Personally I don't care, gay, straight, bi, etc, its just a sexual preference. Nothing more.

5. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

It is not a choice. That would be like me going up to you and saying, "oh you're straight? Why did you choose to be that?"

Being gay/bi/lesbian/etc. is just how you were born and usually realize at some point in adolescence when you develop sexual interests. Most people just assume they are straight at first because that's what we are exposed to growing up.

6. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

Results from this would've been relevant. Of course we can't do anything close to that today so I don't think a (somewhat) definite answer can be reached.

7. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

What I wanna know is: How old were the gay users here when they decided they wanted to be gay.

I personally chose to be a bisexual MtF transgender at 17.

8. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

this could lead to a whole shpeal on whether humans are born with a per-determined fate, or they're born with a clean slate.

9. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

Sexuality isn't strictly genetic or environmental, its one of those annoyingly grey areas in between. Sexual identity is another story though, there's a difference between being homosexual and identifying as such. Everyone has a choice in whether or not they identify according to their sexuality, but there is no choice in who you are attracted to.

10. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

I think you are naturally born to be attracted to the opposite sex, thus why we have different anatomies. Though since we are a highly intelligent, we are able to "over come" that and decide whatever.

11. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

Personally I believe we are to a degree genetically coded to be attracted to the opposite gender. Simply because instinct tells us to create offspring and ensure that our line of genetic data continues on.

Whether we as humans have actually evolved past such a thing or not is beyond me. I don't feel like getting too deep into this.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh boy, can totally forsee the firestorm coming. It's not a choice, something you are innately born with. As far as fetishes go, I would say those are more manifestations of certain needs/desires. This thread should be fun.

13. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

Considering homosexuality occurs in virtually every species to varying degrees your entire line of reasoning is predicated on a fallacy.

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Reminds me of that movie, I Now Pronounce You, Chuck and Larry.

15. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

I'm well aware of homosexuality in every other species on the planet. Though the rest is a good read.

Keep in mind I'm not stating my opinion as fact. This is what I was taught, be it falsified or not. I'm well aware opinions can be wrong.

16. Default

Sex chromosomes determine what sex you are, so yes, depending on whether you are XX or XY it does determine whether you end up being attracted to someone of the same or the opposite sex as it is relative to your own sex.

17. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

Intelligence doesn't deem us able to switch between sexualities.

One's heterosexual or homosexual orientation is seemingly neither willfully chosen nor changed. Preliminary new evidence links sexual orientation with genetic influences, prenatal hormones and brain structures. Based on this evidence, sexuality is genetically influenced.

18. Default

This was of course the study where they took the embryos of twin babies, removed the DNA from one baby completely and left the other baby DNA intact and then separated them to be raised by cloned parents who nurtured them in the same way and sent them to artificially created replica environments with a cloned population to determine the sexual orientation of each child. It was a really fascinating study.

19. Default Re: Sexual Attraction Discussion

LOL what the hell Swerve

20. Default

The question is, is there a correlation between a person's genotype which leads to a corresponding relation to phenotype with respect to the endocrine, central nervous system, and what other potential anatomical system that could be physiologically related to choosing a sexual mate that leads to a predictable social decision about choosing a mate with respect to gender and factoring down possibly bias like personality and other psychological elements?

Google Scholar tells me there have been studies on mice with respect to the FucM gene in which they mutated the gene resulting in a reduction of tyrosine hydroxylase resulting in having them "lez out." This study definitely proves that sexual orientation is genetically related because we can now mind-read mice and mice sociology and humans are really mice. So yeah, sexual orientation is genetically related.