IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

Where have you been... o.o

2. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

Probably in MSEA, where he plays?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

There's no such thing as a "mirror of the real server" unless you're implying Nexon's server sources have been leaked (recently).

Everything that is server side, including drop, boss behavior, "anti-hack" measures such as hidden drop conditions or map kickout, death notices, death buffs, and so on, is rewritten in the private servers.

4. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

There have been no server source leaks of gMS. The only code that's been "leaked" was that code that kMS accidentally put in the .wz files in a kMS(T?) patch a little while ago.

Basically this. Private servers are only made to look like they mirror the real server. It isn't very difficult if you've got someone who's good at Java. There isn't very much that can't be altered, added, or removed as far as private servers go. Last I knew of the only real thing that couldn't be was added/removed was jobs/skills.

5. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

Er I believe it actually is, they have been patching the same content the same day nexon has since the releaste of DS/Mercedez, as in they are also a 1.06(orwhateverourcurrentversionis). I maybe using the wrong wording but it's advertised as a mirror of the actual server.

6. Won't Be Coming Back Male

Server: Windia
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Lethal

Not really relevant, but I believe that the Zakum quest scripts were leaked a few years back.
    I think even fiel might have posted them, but not sure.
    The pserver has fixed bugs that plague GMS, such as dark meta, empress, cwkpq(before official) etc, so it is shown that they can fix these bugs.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They didn't "fix these bugs", they simply never had them.

Consider an entire class of computer science students. All are given the same homework assignment: given a "client" that knows how to display a chess board and pieces, create a server that allows two people to play chess against each other.
    Each student will create a different program, with different code and different bugs. But they will all look alike to the users, because the graphical front-end is the same and the rules of the game that the server implements are the same.

That's how it is with pservers and the real server. They perform the same functionality, more or less, but inside they're entirely different, and there's no reason to expect the same bugs to show up in both.

8. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

It isn't. There is no exact mirror of gMS. It is impossible without the actual complete source code of gMS. Which, no one has except Nexon. Once again, updating versions of private servers is not very difficult. In fact, private servers can even do it ahead of gMS because of the ftp, where they post the patch files before the live server has finished the maintenance. All it takes it a competent java coder, assuming that this pserver is in java, most are, and it won't take them all that long. Back in the days of OdinMS, the original private server, this was a common occurrence.

Also, Sapta explained it well enough in the above post.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

which is what sucks when the copycat outperforms he whom he is copying.

10. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

I think you all are playing too hard on the wording. It's a reflection of the game's intended form, it doesn't matter if it's coded exactly the same, the question was, is there a notice for empress. Everything of the game is intended to match, which everyone has confirmed is possible without directly copying the game, so I assume upon empress being killed a notice is supposed to be displayed.

I know you do need a source code so that you can make the game a certain "version", they have the source code for v1.05 and beyond thus far. I don't understand the relevance of whether it's a dirct copy or not, if everything matches, everything matches.

As for intentional and bugs, entirely different topic entirely

11. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

I got even more evidence from EF from another site showing another Empress defeated.

http://758754.tistory.com/894

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

See that?

Spoiler

13. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

Not just one, but 12 servers that have defeated Empress. The 18 servers you see below 남은서버 are those that haven't defeated it yet (including the Culverin worlds :( ).

14. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

Well, I guess we'll be seeing weapons in the FM markets anytime soon.

That sucks hard, I can't afford a simple potential glove in KMS.

I'll be waiting for the videos.

15. Won't Be Coming Back Male

Server: Windia
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Lethal

lol.
    Not sure where I said it wasn't possible that it was fixed.
    My examples and argument still hold true.

16. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

All a p.server has to do to play with a certain version is to give packets to the player that the client version recognizes.

For those boss notices it's just sending "line of blue text, contents 'To the team that finally defeated Horned Tail after countless attempts, etc.'" to everyone logged on. It's not some "someone has defeated HT" event that the client has to interpret - just a line of chat. Most of them are set up to match GMS in some ways and diverge in others - for example, OdinMS had true instancing of most PQs, because it handled the maps differently server side - all the client has to understand is "you are in map number x, with players y, z, standing in certain spots using their skills" and it's happy.

They're also not vulnerable to the same dupe exploits because the item DB is set up more sensibly.

17. Default Re: Empress Defeated (in kMST)

Have some class.