IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Default Re: Library List

I borrowed The Silmarillion from the DC public library. I can't get around to read it until I finish the one I'm reading first.

3. Default Re: Library List

I never read a single book by Tolkien. Tell me if it's good.

4. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Wait... what? REALLY? Go get the LotR and The Silmarillion NOW. I've read them in spanish before and the writing is pineappleing amazing. You don't have to be into Middle Earth and that stuff to enjoy it. It's an awesome story by itself and a lot more immersing than the movies.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Really? I thought the books were quite boring =/.

6. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Are you serious? The Silmarillion has to be one of the books with more depth that I've EVER read in my life. When you see the amount of thought it went to create such a universe you see it's not boring at all.

7. Default Re: Library List

Okay, so I've really been meaning to pick up Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, because I discovered it recently reading about something else and I'm really fascinated by what I hear and know about it.

Also, there's another book I'm kinda interested in picking up. Is The Hunger Games any good? People don't shut up about it and it seems there's a lot of hype around the upcoming movie.

8. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

You should really give The Hunger Games a try, it's quite a great book. And I think the media is seeing the upcoming movie as the series that will replace Harry Potter and the like, hence all the hype from the people who have no idea about it. However I'm not holding my breath. Few books get a decent adaptation.

9. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

WHOA WHOA WHOA, serious? I've read almost every single Murakami book out there except for After The Quake and What I Talk About When I'm Running. If you're gonna pick up a book from Murakami and haven't read his stuff before, pick Norwegian Wood up. IT'S AWESOME, and a nice entry to the way Murakami writes, without getting too onirical and s'hit. Then you can move on to other stuff like... Dance Dance Dance, or Kafka on the Shore. Just drop me a message if you're looking for a recommendation.

10. Default Re: Library List

I need to get around to finishing Norwegian Wood up. I have this terrible habit of buying books without finishing or in some cases, getting too far. It's one of the first things I do want to finish if I'm in a really good mood for reading.

11. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Oh c'mon DO it! It's totally worth reading, even if just for the last 50 or so pages. Instead of reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland... You should try with the shorter books, like Sputnik, My Love or South Of The Border West Of The Sun. That way you can finish up a book and leave it halfway through.

12. Default Re: Library List

Hunger Games is amazing, read it. I'm currently reading the 2nd in the series, it's got that "must keep reading holy pomegranate" even if it isn't the best piece of literature.

13. Default Re: Library List

EDIT: Ignore this post.
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2012-02-28 at 01:29 AM.

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Oops. I meant LotR.

Walk walk walk.

15. Default Re: Library List

Pretty much all of my books have nude people in them. Yay!
    I can't even get through the LotR books because of how boring they were for me and I enjoyed The Hobbit. It's one thing to enjoy how their world can be, but I'm not one to enjoy reading encyclopedias.
    ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Girlfriend is trying to get me into reading Discworld and other books from that author.... :B

16. Default Re: Library List

I'm planning on taking out Flowers for Algernon sometime tomorrow. Can anyone recommend me similar books along this theme?

17. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

i have absolutely nothing to recommend but I do want to thank you for bringing that book to my attention. I really want to pick it up right now.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I liked Hunger Games, but I haven't bothered reading any of the others because I've been told it just devolves into estrogen soup.

Anyone here read the CHERUB series?