[Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

Not trolling haha I'm serious.

2. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

3DS here. Yes, worth the months of starvation.

So much to expect from these guys I can't even... lol I can't even give form to an expectation. All I'm dying to hear of is the existence of a new Battle Frontier with diverse facilities and a good-close-enough/way-more-awesome Frontier Brain Battle Music ala HG/SS one.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

The games are prequels, the new forms of kyurem are actually the state between the separation of zekrom and reshiram from him.

4. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Good to know. I've been dying to get back into some type of handheld/console gaming and I think the 3DS may be a good start. Are the old DS games compatible with the 3DS (I'm assuming they are since Nintendo has done that in the past)?

How soon do you guys think they'll release 3DS versions of Sapphire and Ruby or other DS games?

5. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

They will probably release them in about 1-2 years. And yes, the DS games can be played on the 3DS.

6. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

It's not a 3DS game?... Really? That's a major downer.

It was bad enough that they didn't hold the original Black and white backa month and make them 3DS launch games, but making the sequels DS games too, almost a year and a half (when these actually come out) after the 3DS launch is just stupid.

7. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

MFW:
    DAFUQ. DAFUQDAFUQDAFUQ.
    This is confusing.

It's DS, not 3DS? No need to buy another console.
    I, as a proud DS owner, am happy another NormalDS game comes out. It's not THAT suprising, because required to buy ultra-new console for follow-up game of a DS game just kinda trashes the storyline.
    Interested.fact

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

you kidding me? i don't want to be forced to buy a new console just to play pokemon, the fact that i can play it in my regular DS is probably the main reason i'll be getting it.

9. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

You don't want to buy a new console just to play pokemon? Then why aren't you still only playing pokemon red/blue/yellow? You don't buy a new console JUST to play any single game, I agree. But using 8 year old hardware compared to the 1 year old 3DS is moronic at best.

"Trashes the storyline"?Sequels on follow up consoles? IT'S INSANE AND COULD NEVER WORK.

Just as crazy as Fire emblem: Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance being on seperate consoles. Or Golden sun 1/2 and Dark dawn. Or Gold/silver (GB with GBC enhancements) and Crystal (GBC only). Or Metroid prime 3 being a wii only game.

Fact is, they could have made a significantly better game by making it for the 3DS. The original Black and white had no buisness being original DS games in the first place, there is just no excuse for the follow ups to be DS games this far into the 3DS lifetime.

10. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

Betting my money that Kyerum is super evil and took over Zekrom and Reshiram like a virus.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I know it's a long shot, but it's not entirely impossible that they won't introduce new pokmon in these games, it's already been hinted that Kyurem Black and Kyurem White are separate pokmon.

It's never happened before, but there has never been a direct sequel either.

12. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

This is quite exciting. First time we've ever had a chance for proper sequels. I hope they do go that route and expand on the story, since Black and White are by far the best versions storywise.

13. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

Kinda want a few new ones to come out, but only if they're actually designed well(IE not a f'ucking ice cream cone or bag of trash). s:
    Either way, probably going to get one of these, after buying B/W 1(put that off cause of s'hit designs) to see the story between them.

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

because i can name at least 10 other games in each handheld that i've gotten and enjoyed, the 3ds still doesn't have a single one, only 2 and they're in development, besides, this would be the "third" game of the series.

as for your other examples, guess what all of the consoles you mentioned had? that's right, backwards compatibility, i could play my red and blue on my GBC, and GBA, i could play my ruby and emerald on my DS (annoyed they didn't allow for playing of GBC games), same with pearl and platinum, and now black and it's "third game"

and unlike golden sun, i didn't have to wait SEVEN YEARS for this sequel. (and i'm still annoyed at no backwards compatibility to my lost age)

if the next pokemon is on the 3DS, sure, i don't have any complaints, but if black/white started on the DS, they damn better end on the DS, don't forget the DS is the first one to have freaking 4 different versions, that's too much imo.

15. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

Wont be surprised if Nintendo release both games on DS AND 3DS.

16. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

While it's nice that people that don't have a 3DS can enjoy this game too, I think it's a bit silly that they decided against making these games one of the 3DS killer aps, which would sell a lot of the system, possibly have some more people buy Pokmon Rumble Blast and set up a nice install base for whatever game they decide to release on the 3DS.

I'm personally going to hold of on any speculation until we get a few more details. Too many wild ideas going around right now. One thing is for sure though: these games will reuse the Black & White engine.

17. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

I would, that wouldnt make any sense.

Also on the American website it specifically says the game can be played in 2D on the 3DS. Since you know the silly consumer still doesnt know the 3DS can play DS games.

18. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

It could go down like that. Remember pokemon mystery dungeon red and blue? One was for ds, and one was for gameboy.
    I hope that we have new rivals, I need more challenging story battles to happen. I want more ways to grind, getting to level 100 was kinda bad.
    I hope they add a battle frontier like area too, that would be nice. :)

19. Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2

"Pokmon Black/White 2" Dated for Fall in North America, Europe

By the way, I SERIOUSLY can't believe how many people think this is a "remake", "rehash", or whatever. I know it hasn't been explicitly confirmed, but it's pretty much known that this is a SEQUEL.
    How difficult is it to get it? I mean, the games are called "Black 2" and "White 2"! TWO. DOS. 二. DEUX. DUE. 두. ZWEI. DU. DUO. два. DOUS. दो. tv. สอง. IKI. HAI. KAKSI. δυ*. TO. DH.
    TWO.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I love you.