IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Google web history, destroy it before it's too late

From March 1st, Google will be able to view our web and search histories and use them against us. I suggest you do what i did and delete (and pause) your web history on the google+ network (which includes stuff like youtube too). I'm not too certain on what they can actually use your information for, but if you like keeping things private i suggest you do it.

If you don't do it by March 1st, you can not opt out of it, you have no choice in how google records or uses your information.

Here's a link showing how

This thread is probably useless, but i felt the need to post it just in case it could actually help someone

2. Default Re: Google web history, destroy it before it's too late

Good thread, but I never enabled web history in the first place! ;)

3. Default Re: Google web history, destroy it before it's too late

Meh. I don't really have anything on there that I wouldn't mind Google knowing. I mean, most of just looks like
    Spoiler

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Google web history, destroy it before it's too late

Same^. And I like being able to see how many searches I make.

5. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I've had it disabled to begin with (apparently) and I never joined Google+.

Guess I'm good. Not that it matters, unless Google's interested in my college article, fan-related and computer troubleshooting searches.

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I think you just need a google account. I found out before that google had been saving my history when I was logged in to gmail while doing searches.

Should have disabled that option now.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

To most people here it might not be a problem at all, but i've seen some people (Like those in the recent thread about how much info they give out) who really like to keep these kinds of things to themselves, so i thought they might appreciate this haha

8. Default Re: Google web history, destroy it before it's too late

I really don't particularly employ the use of "view our web and search histories and use them against us" because google doesn't use your web histories AGAINST you, they use the web histories to HELP you. The new system makes google searches better, makes your advertisements more personalized...there's really nothing wrong with this new system.

The whole "what if somebody hacks google?!" is dumb too. Google is one of the most secure companies out there. If they wanted to hack to get your information, they would do it from any other website you go on, not Google.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

How do personalized ads help me?

I like it when google banner ads try to sell me Asian girls or an M.B.A degree. I have zero interest in either, so I am at no risk of wasting money.
    If, on the other hand, Google decided to give me an ad for an Israeli pizza chain it knows I've ordered from before, right now at 8PM... not good for either my wallet or my waistline.

And as for personalized searches, thanks but no thanks. I have all sorts of interests and I don't need Google to fuse them all. Not to mention that I sometimes do searches for my computer-challenged mother, and I don't need Google to peg me as someone who is interested in scenic tours of Iceland just because she is. Let me specify what I'm searching for, and don't try to second-guess what I really want, ok?
    (Kind of reminds me of Amazon's recommendations. It keeps offering me books and tapes for kindergarteners, just because I bought some 6 years ago. Hey, Amazon, my child has grown six years since then. How about offering me some stuff for 11 year-olds now?)