Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

Cash5 Old Maplestory...

Words aren't needed.

2. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

old maple wasn't as much fun imo

way too grindy, and all the good training spots were full of ksers.
    now at least with everyone hitting harder you can defend yourself from their nonsense.

3. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

Eh maple didn't become any less fun because of big bang. It was all the community imo.
    Ever since the potential system people became somewhat obsessed with damage. After that it moved closer to greed.

The community is awful. I don't even know why i still play.

4. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    venezuela

Default Re: Old Maplestory...

That's exactly my point. Maybe if Nexon fixed duping and stopped hackers, but meeh. And we all know back then there were basically no dupes and a lot less hackers. (I know there was a few but atleast stupid kids coulnd't buy a VIP for $$).

5. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

That vid isnt even old Maplestory. Old Maplestory is the 2006 era, before and after Ludi was released, and the release of Zakum. I loved that era.

6. Helium Atom Straight Male
    venezuela

I've came across this comment a few times today.

Yes, I do know this is not 2006 era, however, I started in 2009... So yeah. That's "old" for me. :o

7. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

Before potential cubing it was considered OP/broken if a Night Lord could do 2x~3x the DPS of a Bishop because of Sharp Eyes and people were outraged about this.

After potential cubing someone is considered OP/broken when a NX Wh0re/Hacker Mercedes does 50x times the DPS then someone without NX and many people actually like this...

8. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

True dat!

9. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

My thoughts exactly, though I have lost most of my screenshots from getting new computers and whatnot and definitely don't think I knew at the time of Beta of how to take screenshots, but found some old ones of my photobucket.

10. Helium Atom Straight Male
    venezuela

Well, i'm sorry then. I should rename the video: Not that old maplestory o-o.

I just made it because i felt 2009 is old cuz i started playing in that year, so couldnt make a 2006 one lol, srry guys D:

11. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

My bishop video from 3 years ago =D

12. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

Being too lazy to dig up old pictures, I'll follow Rusty's lead. Here's my very first, yet very terrible video with pictures from '05 or '06 to the end of '07 :

I do miss how things were back in the day... Back when your level actually meant something. Back when legitimacy was required to go to stuff as simple as Zakum runs. Back when people would hunt down hackers and make the GMs alerted about them. Back when NXJoe had videos on his Youtube profile of him finding hackers.

Oh! And I remember those Fourth of July events! Those hats and those 13 attack steaks or whatever they were. I remember farming those hats like I was going to get rich off of them. xd Oh, man...

13. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

I think the OP is longing more for Pre-BB Maplestory, which i do too at this point.

14. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

I long for when gobies/grims were the best training spot. Those were good times

15. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

the point of old maplestory (aka pre bb era)
    is not the community itself
    is the lazyness that nexonkr gave to the other versions
    "we're going to do this and everyone will get this"
    that's why is some parts exclusive areas died... that's why the world tour never got expansions or masteria...
    maplestory lost the word "exlusive" with bigbang... even if any version get some little big changes...

well that's just my opinion

16. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

I liked the old MapleStory better honestly. I still hate the new town maps. I don't like how the mob's hp are still so low either. Sure, it's easier to level, but there is really no effort needed to really get to 120+ anymore. Some think potential was a bad thing once it hit Maple, but I think it was a great addition. However, making monsters easier with Big Bang killed it all. PQ's literally mean nothing in the grand scheme of things now, and it was one of the necessities to level fast.

17. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

Here's an old one that I hope I'm not the only one that remembers it.

Can't remember if this joke got to other forums or if it was just a GameFAQs thing though.

Note: I'm not in this SS, it's just an old funny picture.

18. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

Good Ol' Days!!!

19. Default Re: Old Maplestory...

Nostalgia glasses mode everywhere!
    It is not so much the game itself as it is the community that has spiraled down to crap. What is esentially more or less a solid evolution of the game (with the exception of potential, it should really be nerfed down to 1 line only) has had the side effect that the users have become more spoiled and self entitled. While one can argue that it is a flaw with the game, it would have been a much smaller issue had Nexon policed the game in any shape or form. Everything can be done so fast by throwing hacks at the game that most achievements have become hollow. Level 200? Perfect weapons? All bosses downed? Max mesos? Join the club, we are legion. A fantastic amount of players would never see level 200 without cute things like hackers "fixing" LHC.

No, I blame Nexon US as a company and the scumbag brat players more than I blame the direction the korean overlords have chosen for MS.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I blame Nexon Korea for the game becoming more attractive to scumbag brat players.

Once upon a time Maple was an endless unrewarding grindfest which hardly anyone could tolerate long enough to even make it to third job.
    With Big Bang (and other, smaller changes), Nexon Korea turned it into a game in which anyone could level fast and reach the flashy fourth-job skills and big bosses within a week or at most a month.

Nexon America made it even easier by keeping extra-fast-exp World Tour areas (Chimney and MP3, and of course the LHC party play zone).

This obviously attracts the sort of players that the old Maple would have bored away. And then when the "grind" becomes "hard" (meaning: can't level twice an hour anymore), they look for shortcuts.

Yes, people used to hack old Maple too. And yes, lack of GMs is definitely a contributor. But I believe the basic change, from Maple as a game for masochists to Maple as a quick-rewards game, is to blame for the new spoiled generation of players.