Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. Default Re: Borderlands 2

You really don't need to play with other people for anything outside of raid bosses (and even they can generally be solo'd with some work). UVHM is tough but still completely doable solo, but you can't just have a glass cannon damage build to do it. I've done fine as a Harmony-build Siren. There have been tough fights, but there was never anything I couldn't handle with a bit of strategy or work.

I highly recommend taking the time to farm certain Legendary items when possible, though. For example, killing Boom and Bewm repeatedly until you get a nice Bonus Package.

2. Default Re: Borderlands 2

Er unless you have some sick regen skills, there's no such thing as a glass cannon, even if I maxed out my brawn tree it only take 1 extra shot from any monster to get me into FYL, I always wear a moxi gun with unkempt harolds.

3. Default Re: Borderlands 2

Just as promised in IRC:

This game and its season pass are in a bundle for a mere $15 from GreenManGaming. I think there's an hour or so left until the sale ends, and their service is incredibly pomegranatety right now, so..

@Jon and I should be playing tonight.

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Ohhh are you playing from the start or what? Just recently got this game (Thanks Polarantis :D) and would love to play with some people... This weekend after i finish once and for all with my last university semester. (P.S: Nickname on steam is BlueFenixR)

5. Default Re: Borderlands 2

< Siren. Hell yes I have some sick regen skills lol. I'm also running around with an Adaptive shield, so at lv 57 right now I've got roughly 100k shield and 180k health. And I regen massive amounts of it per second and when I kill phaselocked enemies. Very frustrated that I can't use phaselock-reliant skills vs bosses, though.

And I'm always up for playing with folks, but keep in mind that there's significant lag involved for anyone not playing from the same general area as me.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Borderlands 2 getting more DLC!

Each piece of DLC will cost $4.99.
    The bad news? None of this DLC is part of the Season Pass.

7. Default Re: Borderlands 2

Well that's surprising? Level cap 72? That's 11 more points, gunzerker is going to be RIDICULOUS.

8. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

People are surprised by this for what reason?
    The pass clearly stated that it lasted until July 2013.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Probably cause it was apparently reported that BL2 DLC would more or less be done and over with by that time. Who knows, don't care. There's speculation that there might be a "Season Pass Season 2" type of thing.

10. Default Re: Borderlands 2

Yeah, and then Gearbox saw how popular the game was and went, "Oh look, tons of money for minimal work. MORE DLC!"

Both Hammerlock's DLC and Torgue's DLC were pretty gawdawful, in my opinion. Torgue's has the redeeming factor of great dialog, but that doesn't make it fun to play, just to listen to. Only Scarlett's and Tina's attempted to make the game better, too, with better mobs and interesting weapon mechanics. Hammerlock had a few new mobs but they were all annoying and not enjoyable to fight, and Torgue's DLC was full of mobs that will 1-shot you, especially bosses, and annoying areas.

So...unless they attempt to make the new DLC more like Tina or Scarlett (Tina preferably, tons of new monster types that don't suck was great), I'll probably avoid it until it's on massive sale myself (Like 90% off).

11. Default Re: Borderlands 2

That's usually what DLC is for to begin with: extending the life of the game while making extra money. Gearbox was pretty much pomegranate on after Aliens so I don't see why continuing Borderlands 2 DLC is so bad especially when the DLC itself does very well and people on their forums have been wanting them to continue releasing DLC. I believe they said if Season 1 DLC did well enough they would probably do a Season 2 and sure enough they are.

Also, Hammerlock's DLC was only "bad" because it was insanely short. Other than that it offered a lot of really nice environments and enemy types, and Torgue was good too. Torgue's DLC (and probably Tina's now) was probably the fan-favorite.

12. Default Re: Borderlands 2

Gonna have to agree to disagree here.

Most of the praise I see for Torgue is for its Dialogue, which does not make DLC fun at all to play. It added no new enemy types and had, by far, the worst bosses in the entire game in my honest opinion.

Hammerlock's DLC was plagued with annoying enemies. Witch Doctors are horrid for any class that needs to get remotely close, and while they're at it they level the minions far too much. The giant spider things they added are pretty boring to fight, and the same goes with the giant flying ball things whose names escape me at the moment. I don't really care that it's short, Tina's DLC is short and I love it. I just had no amount of fun at all while I played it, I just kept hoping it would end soon. Would have had the same feeling for Torgue's as well, but the "badass countdown" kind of made it easy to tell how soon it would be over.

Scarlett's and Tina's, on the other hand, I was sad when I reached the end, and wanted more. The complete opposite of the other two.

13. Default Re: Borderlands 2

Inclined to agree. Torgue's and Tina's had amazing Dialogue. Scarlett's was pretty good. Hammerlock's had an interesting theme but horrible implementation. The maps were unneccessarily large (vertically as well as horizontally), the enemies were obnoxious (the pineappleing witch doctors were annoying, not fun) and the final boss is difficult/impossible for certain builds to effectively fight (namely Mechromancer with an Anarchy build).

Torgue...I agree with the lack of original enemies being disappointing, and the overall area was just big and empty. But the dialogue was amazing and there are a few redeeming qualities to it.

I honestly didn't like Scarlett's DLC though - it felt large and mostly empty, mostly as an excuse to introduce a new vehicle type. I loved the boss fights though.