IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Curious

The scientist in me answers, "Nothing interesting". I.e. Nothing at all.
    The philosopher in me says, "Everything". Think Schrodinger's cat.

The optimist in me hopes that I have some choice in the matter over theoretical afterlives. So far, I quite enjoy living and think that when I'm finished it would be fun to start all over, see what happens, and try to enjoy myself along the way.

Reincarnation seems almost as much fun as playing KOTOR the second time.
    Spoiler

2. Default Re: Curious

I choose not to think about death in any great detail since it doesn't seem to be a real concern for me currently and from experience it is counter-productive for me to do so, so whenever the thought crosses my mind I just amuse myself with the thought that I'll probably become some mischievous poltergeist that plays with the minds of the living since being trapped in limbo and being unable to move towards the light gets repetitive sometimes, or other such "nonsense".

Maybe I'd take the subject more seriously if my circumstances were different.

3. Mercury Male
    IGN: Knight52
    Server: Earth
    Level: 534
    Job: Thread Breaker
    Guild: I'm bored of
    Alliance: political sh'it
    thailand

I believe when you die, you'll be instantly born somewhere else as a life form. Maybe a human again or just another Ameba cell.
    I'd like to believe in afterlife and such, but I just can't make myself to.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I try not to worry about it. The way i see it, when i die i'll either transcend to some other existence or simply stop existing. either way, i'll no longer care.

5. Default Re: Curious

The only reason I said it that way is because it's far more interesting and "nice" than nothing.
    Last edited by Words; 2012-02-21 at 07:12 PM.

6. Default Re: Curious

Mine are.

According to "Heart attack old man #2" from the ER....

When you die, your soul, spirit, energy, whatever you want to call it, escapes through a seam at the base of your skull. It's looks like a very deflated mylar balloon, silvery and with a tail. It immediately starts to progress backwards however many years it was alive. So if you died when you were 70, it has to regress 70 years. It has to regress in order to become pure and whole again. Whenever something traumatic or exceptionally gleeful event happened in that persons life, during the regression process, it plays out like a black and white movie in real life and that is why some people see ghosts. There are no such things as ghosts, just little movies playing out here and there. Once the regression process is complete, and the soul becomes pure and whole, it goes to a waiting room to be processed. The old man doesn't know what happens after that because, according to him, you're not supposed to know.

I found this interesting.

7. Default Re: Curious

It shouldn't be of your immediate concern, after all, dying is the last thing you'll ever do.

8. Default Re: Curious

Didn't know one couldn't be curious.

Strange.

9. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

I subscribe to the FF7 theory of a lifestream across the collective of space/time.

10. Default Re: Curious

It's a long story and I don't think I could recant it properly. He did say he was working on a book of his "findings". Can't wait to read it.

11. Default Re: Curious

People use the idea of Heaven as a way of coping with death.

12. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Or the idea of an afterlife as a whole, if you approach the topic with brutal objectivity.

But that's not to say there isn't something after life, though obviously there's no indication towards anything given viable evidence to the fact would have to come from a person killed and brought back to life.

Ultimately I have a two-part opinion. One is optimistic, feeling that there is indeed some type of afterlife. After all, the very idea has been written about by humans from every culture and facet of society since the dawn of man, so it must be true, right? That last part, in conjunction with the above necessity for evidence, leads to my second-part opinion, the more realistic of the two: don't take comfort in a potential format of afterlife to cope with death, but rather in the knowledge that whatever is supposed to happen to you WILL happen. If we disregard the concept of an afterlife as the greatest human lie ever told and believed by, again, every culture since the beginning of humanity, then the one place of factual basis for a positive outlook on death is the flow of life itself. Everything happens for a reason, and death is the same for everyone because, at it's simplest, it's experienced by everyone at the end of it all. Thus, take solace in knowing that, whatever is supposed to happen in death and afterwards, will.

Though none of this is justification for being a bad person. It's all objective, again.

13. Default Re: Curious

I believe you cease to exist.

I want to believe in either an afterlfe. I want that desperately.

14. Default Re: Curious

Well let me know when its released, I'm curious of what made him come to believe that faith. As my friend as said "Every human has a religion, as they have faith or certainty something WILL happen"

15. Default Re: Curious

Instead of focusing on what happens after your life ends, focus on what happened before you were alive, it should be the same state as death.

Did you like being in that state? Can you imagine how it felt? Did you experience time?

16. Default Re: Curious

His whole story sounds kinda familiar in a creepy way. He said his book would be tentatively titled, "Midjian's Haven" and told me to look out for it. I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. As much as I wanted to hear what else he has to say on the subject, I was just glad to get out of there.

At the moment, I can't help but focus on death and other such morbid thoughts. I have my reasons.