View Poll Results: What are your religious views?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atheist

31 31.31%
  • Agnostic

27 27.27%
  • Baha'i

0 0%
  • Buddhist

2 2.02%
  • Christian

24 24.24%
  • Hindu

0 0%
  • Jew

1 1.01%
  • Muslim

4 4.04%
  • Sikh

0 0%
  • Wicca

1 1.01%
  • Other

9 9.09%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

I might need a dictonary but...
    I believe in a superior being/entity/thing, I have no doubts there is. What I don't like is religion.
    Still agnosticism?

2. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

If I recall correctly, agnostic theism, from a philosophical standpoint, is concerned with belief of at least one deity without interest in obtaining any knowledge about the topic.

If I had to name your standpoint, I'd just say anti-social theism I'd be perplexed by what you mean when you refer to "religion". Perhaps you don't like the existing religions? Maybe you don't like the idea of religious congregation at all and just want to keep a pure faith in whatever you believe in? But then would belief alone be enough to constitute a religion, or must you practice it?

3. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

I don't like the idea of religion in general, I don't like the idea of morals either... I don't like existing religions, I don't like religious congregations either.
    I like the idea of strong ethics based on reason. I like the idea of a god (be it whatever I want it to be, say a Unique Cosmic Mass), I like the idea that my actions are driven by what I think/ethics while spiritual life is kept apart, so it doesn't interfere with day to day situations.
    Is it religious that I think that there are sacred things, hope, an afterlife?

I might edit this a few times.
    Also, I'll ask bilingual theology teachers at college, they might have a clue and they might help me find the words to say what I want to say.

4. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

Morals are not part of religion and I flat out think you have absolutely no idea what a religion even is.

5. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

I'm Christian; Catholic to be more precise. Went to a Catholic elementary and high school, taking religion class for 12 years. Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation - did all of that.
    I don't practice my religion very much though. I find the Church to be flawed and as far as I'm concerned I'll just live by all the good advice Jesus gives in the Bible about how to treat one another and such.

6. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

If you need to check again what religion is you could check wikipedia while I get "good" bibliography on the subject.
    Also if you notice, I'm not asking what religion would I fit in. I'm asking what's the name for my standpoint.

7. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

Bisexual Catholic represent. Burning in Hell forever is what I do.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Religions of Southperry

Depends on whether you believe this entity still acts in the Universe (theism), or merely created it (deism).

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Wait, that's what Agnosticism means? i don't believe in deities at all. I might have chosen the wrong option.

10. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

I try to ignore religion and go with the flow of things. Dunno whether there's any gods or not. Don't think it matters all that much either.

11. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

It's so much easier to define when you either believe, when you're involved with religion, being atheist or not caring...

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Raised Jewish, but I feel I'm more agnostic.

Btw, the poll option "Jew" should probably be changed to "Jewish"

13. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

I believe it's not too off the mark to describe this like the political compass. They are two separate sets of belief, one is theological (God exists), the other epistemological (we can't know that God exists).

On one axis, you have the belief in God's existence and on the other, you have the epistemological standpoint regarding the other axis. You can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist, the agnostic part just means "I believe X and I believe I can't justify my belief in X."

Belief without knowledge, in short.

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

That is what i was thinking too, i always saw Agnosticism as a kind of non-specific belief. That they believe there COULD be something, but they don't really care what.

While Atheism is more (in my eyes) "There is nothing like a god, everything is facts and science"

15. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

Not exactly, read my other posts. With superior being I meant god.

16. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

Perhaps in the way we are accustomed to thinking about religion, but I'm sure the notion of sacrifices isn't too alien to most of us.

17. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

Since Atheism and Agnosticism have no governing institution they have many variations and nuances. The only thing in common for atheists is not believing in the existence of god.

18. Default Re: Religions of Southperry

So if I had no religion at all you would say I have no morals? Don't fool yourself.

zzz