Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

Yeah, the point here is to test per attack differences. Obviously aggregate damage/points from an entire round isn't controlled enough to be testable.

The amount of people to start a round is 4. Two characters whose attacks you're testing, one to receive hits, and one more mule to make the round happen. Lag shouldn't affect the damage amount. And again, control for equipment.

What is this basil? OMG YOU CANT TEST THAT. Yes we can.

@Shinku, I'd actually say we don't want to level it, there's a chance damage in PVP is based on your level as well. To be as accurate as possible, you'd want same level comparison.

The feasible scenario is find someone who pvps and has a high rank, then find someone else you know who is the same class/level as that first person and bribe them to help you for science.

EDIT: the only wrench I can think of is client side vs server side crit display throwing things off (does it work that way in pvp?), but with enough repetition you should be able to disregard that.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

*points to level* he's 200 already, i meant to level his battle rank. and i know for a fact he pvp's a lot, so it wouldn't be too hard to level it at least once more before pvp gets removed.

3. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

So how much BP would upgrade your Battle Rank?

4. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=46680

5. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

Why do you ppl care about PvP and Battlerank? It will all get removed within about 3~4 months (Justice Patch)... lol?

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

why not? just because it's getting deleted doesn't mean it's not worth my time anymore.

7. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

I'm absolutely terrible at it. Don't know if it's my equips, my internet or my inexperience but all other people seem to be able to kill me much more efficiently. And I can't spam my skills as fast as other classes.

8. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

O.O ?
    Justice Patch remove what ?
    PvP remove / Battle Rank ?

any got link ? i find no have any remove PvP thread.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It got taken down in KMS in the Justice Patch for rebalancing / reworking.

10. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

Who said it's gone for good? o_O From what I understood it was only closed for revamping, like Nett's Pyramid.

11. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

The problem with maple and PvP is that maple uses a a-synchronous movement system to render the characters from every player on the screen.

This works great for PvE, because not everyone has to be fully synced with each others' client (read: MASSIVE lag, because gMS has players from the WHOLE earth.)

In PvP this is the bottleneck of the whole system, and especially how Nexon implemented PvP into Maple itself.
    Players die in less then 3 seconds when they're being hit by someone they can't see (yet) attacking them.

What Nexon SHOULD have done is give ALL players -MASSIVE- HP, at least 50 times more then now (or lower the damage by 50 times, that's the same. Also giving warriors more HP then others is stupid, especially since they give that flash jump skill in union...

Right now PvP is:
    - Spawn
    - Attack 5 times
    - Die
    - Respawn
    - Etc...

So -especially- because of the high latency, players should have gotten MASSIVE HP, and also, all skills should have been given the normal speeds like in normal maple (the delays are put in to "compensate" for the lag, but fast hitters suffer most, while slow hitters don't seem to be affected at ALL (because their attacks are already slow).

For example, Siege mode shoots 1 time per second in PvP... I mean... wtp?
    And Tank Laser has a hard-coded cooldown of 5 seconds... WHY... it's not powerful at ALL, actually it's laughable weak... o.0

Just make the damage % lower if a skill is too powerful in PvP, but never nerf or alter gameplay itself...

12. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

it doesnt get removed, when you open your stats you still have the battlemode ranking even though its closed for revamp or w/e

13. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

You didn't answer my question, you explained why PvP is bad for EVERYONE. I want to know if there is some strategy I'm missing out or something.

14. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

At least it's got the info they needed to know.

15. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

With my post, I meant to say:

Choose the right class that is OP in PvP due to Nexon's brilliance.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Too bad that's entirely moot, because PvP gear is all that matters...
    Even the "worst" class in PvP can still wreck face if they have Gear.

17. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

It's not about points, its about survival.

Some classes only die a few times during a PvP round, while others have to respawn for about 30 times, which is retarded...

Sure I get a lot of points on a mech, but dieing every 3 seconds when you start getting hit is plain dumb, while other classes flash jump away like they weren't even there.

But ok, this crap is most likely the reason Nexon removed PvP and why hardly anyone is playing it.

It's not fun seeing your char dead for 5 secs, respawning and casting buffs for 5 seconds, and die again in 3 seconds when you jump down...

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

The problem is PvP Gear. Allowing said gear to make you do MORE damage without any kind of "Damage Reduction" mechanic in the game is beyond retarded and I guarantee you that was the main reason why they took PvP down in KMS.
    Having FULL PvP gear, with the "Legendary Maple" or "Silent Crusade" medal, allows you to do +67% more damage in PvP. There's no reason why people should be able to do that much extra damage in a game like Maple, where the damage is already ridiculous to begin with.

19. Default Re: About PvP .. Battle Point n PvP Set .

As a F/P, I use big bang when going off the safe platform, then mist if/when landing into a large crowd, explosion when it's CD'd, and either big bang or para otherwise.
    DoTs can kill people in PvP, and will still get you score when you're dead/until you respawn, so mist right before you die, if you hadn't done it before.