Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default My computer while I'm not home...

So, not sure if the speakeasy is right for this or if shenanigans is better but not exactly my primary focus right now.

Anyways, so this morning I left for work at about 7:50 as is my usual for my morning job. I took a quick look at my computer thinking "Eh, I should put into sleep... nah, I'm gonna be running late as it is." and took off. Now when I left, both my parents were already gone for work. After work, I went straight to my local card shop to play some Friday Night Magic because I'm a nerd like that. Between both that and work, I was gone from 7:30 AM to 12:30 AM. So what a surprise I had when I returned and noticed a new tab open on my browser right next to my Southperry tab... a tab for crackle... to watch Jackie Chan Adventures. So, in a sense of unease, I check my history and find something shocking...

[spoiler][spoiler]
    Edit: Can't get the image to show up, here's the direct link.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...01/Compwtp.jpg

Edit 2: Direct link won't work either, basically the image is my browser history with a bunch of episodes of Jackie Chan Adventures having been watched between 9:13 AM and 3:59 PM.

Edit 3: figured out the problem, Southperry's auto-filter won't let "W-T-F" in the like stay as that.

The thing is, no one was home during those times, I don't know what "therugged" is, and I had forgotten crackle existed months ago. Also, the episodes weren't viewed in order. So I am just completely baffled by what could have happened and uneased by the whole thing. Anyone got any thoughts? (ultimately, I just have to get this off my chest)

2. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

My parents don't know what "crackle.com" or "Jackie Chan Adventures" are though.

3. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

Maybe they had visit. Someone young went too, got bored and went to your computer.
    Who knows.
    Thinking about it, Jackie Chan Adventures is a toon, right? And it sucks badly, right?
    Who watches that?
    Think about that and you might have your answer.

4. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

The theory falls apart when the fact that my parents didn't have people over. My mom actually worked her second job tonight shortly after her first. And even if there were any kids over, I'd think the sword not even 2 feet from my computer would be more appealing than said computer.
    (I suppose a quick not as to where my computer is. It's a laptop sitting on a small table next to my bed)

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

is anyone able to control your computer via internet? (can't remember the name of this)

anyways, that's some pretty serious stuff, i'd tell your parents o.O

6. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

Remote Desktop Connection?

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

It's a technology savvy poltergeist.

8. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

And... what was it?
    If you figured it out, tell me!

9. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

He figured out why he couldn't post the screen shot, not what happened.

10. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

It was me. I love Jackie Chan Adventures.

Also I'm a little disturbed that you have a real sword laying around where children may potentially find it. And even worse that you seem to think it's not a big deal. If there is any chance that a child will be in your home then you should have that locked up or at least put away.

11. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

People, we're dealing with someone who knows how to open a new browser tab, not parents.

I don't see why anyone would remotely access your computer to watch Jackie Chan when they can already do it with their own internet. Anyway, Super + L.

12. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

Go Jade!

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

14. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

I'm a dumbass, ain't I?

15. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

I leave that determination to the people who have greater context regarding you as an individual rather than you as a series of posts.

16. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

Told my mother as soon as I looked at my browser history.

There is very little chance a child will ever see my sword. I'd have to use a decimal to calculate how many times a year a child enters my house.

A side note, or rather more on topic. It actually happened again this morning while I was asleep. Some time between 4 and 4:30 a new tab opened, I just happen to wake up to an episode playing.

17. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

Sounds like a virus at the very least, or a really odd prank

18. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

Sounds like a virus at the very least, or a really odd prank

19. Default Re: My computer while I'm not home...

I had a virus once that would continuously open tabs for some runescape private server. I have no clue as to how I got it in the first place but it's long gone off my hard drive.