1. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

"Hey guys, i know how to glitch LHC maps, want me to show you?"
    Sweet payback on all those "legit" players.

In fact, since Nexon doesn't ban them, lets do it ourselves. I AM KIRA, I AM GOD OF THIS WORLD.

EDIT: LOL, i said HTC maps.
    Looks like i need some sleep methinks.
    Last edited by Razmos; 2012-02-16 at 05:02 PM.

2. Neutron Bi Male
    IGN: Aversa
    Server: Fleta
    Level: ---
    Job: I Break Wind
    Guild: Noxus
    Alliance: SWAG(filler name)
    canada

Apparently spamming a Packet get's you a 30 day ban...

3. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

I guess this supports what I've been hearing about dc hacking not working anymore. (Well, not worth it)

4. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

So fixing this would bring back dc hacking?
    lol.

5. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Well it seems to take 25-30 seconds before you get banned and doesn't always work. So you would have to be some sort of super klutz to accidentally hold it that long potentially multiple times. I think you would be fine really.

6. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

I think this might be Nexon's attempt to ban botters that isn't thought out very well.

7. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Not necessarily, Nexon has started to clear ban history on accounts upon request. My account was auto banned back when Dual Blades were first released because of the Bubbling Dual Blade Auto-ban glitch. When I wanted to purchase a World Transfer and Name Change, it wouldn't allow me so I just logged a ticket asking for Nexon to lift the ban history, and they replied:

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, due to your account's abuse history, you are not able to purchase this item at this time. However, we have started the process to have the ban history removed as you have been cleared for this. This process will take 2 weeks to complete. After the ban history is removed you will still need to wait an additional 30 days to be able to purchase this item.
    I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Sincerely,
    GM Rynohat
    Nexon America, Inc.
    Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Nexon representatives will NEVER ask you for your password.

8. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Can you copy/paste the ticket you sent and the category you sent it under, please? I tried doing the same but it didn't work.

9. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Someone asked me about rents two days ago and then told me his account was banned, I asked him why, and he said he was spamming Auto Click at 1 ms in the FM and it got him a month ban. I think this kind of relates to that ban in some sort of way, since it involves, not sure how to say it but.. like tapping the client very fast.

10. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Ticket Description
    Game Selection: MapleStory
    Category: Game Related
    Sub-Category: Cash Shop
    Summary: World Transfer

I would post the ticket details, but the way I worded it sounds very uneducated. Pretty much all I said was that I followed all the steps in order to purchase a server transfer only to find out I couldn't buy one, then stated the reason why I was banned and have been banned in the past, including profanity smegas, and Dual Blade Auto Ban Glitch, and I just asked them if they could lift the ban history so that I would be able to purchase the transfer, as I am an "NX Buyer" and contribute to the game. xD

11. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Thanks a lot, I'll try it. Would love to be able to transfer my Dark Knight.

12. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

AHAHA that made me laugh cause it reminded me of early on HT runs when it took a full squad and playing in windows mode and during MASS SEDUCE sliding the window around to lag yourself if the bishop had somehow died to keep yourself alive. Oh what great times those were back when HT took 2-5 hours depending on who all survived or wasnt dc'd during the run.

13. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

the great Nexon always contributing with solutions to those in need. Wanna lock your account from hackers while you're away from Maple? Get it banned now.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That can't be all of it, as it would ban all characters in the "hold down favorite attack skill key until enemy is dead" classes.

15. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Skills have client-side cooldowns.

16. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Oh, wow. I often spammed the equipment window for the fun of it (I enjoy listening to the clicking sound). Fortunately, I haven't gotten banned for doing it, but now I know there's a risk. Thanks for the heads up.

17. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Well there has been a time where my cat thought the top end of my laptop was really interesting and I ended up with a notepad full of assorted letters
    Needless to say I don't have anything active when I leave it alone now.

@SaptaZapta
    If that happened I would be banned several times over.

18. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

200 cap for skills before you have to move.

19. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

Yay, more legits being banned and more hackers running around scot free.

20. Default Re: PSA: New trick to ban yourself. Please read.

I actually thought the opening of the equip window was purely client side.

Does this happen when any other keys are spammed?

Ironically the whole idea of maplestory is pressing the same keys repeatedly.