1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

i'll play the first time, get beta hat or whatever, then probably leave the account for 4 years.

if pomegranate's run by hackers again, guess what game i won't play.

2. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: iDkStuf
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 19x
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: N/A
    Farm: NyQuil
    philippines

Wouldn't hurt to try, as long as I don't spend money on it.

3. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Undecided if I'll try it or not. Depends how far down the road the release is.

4. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Knowing Nexon they'll put IP block, so not going to play it and even if i could i would never play it.

I really don't know why people are so happy with all this thing of MS2, what do you expect? start again in a new maple world? i bet you that MS2 will suffer the same destiny as MS did, why? because nexon is the one publishing it, that simple, at the beginning it will be nice but in 1-2 years it will be horrible (with some kind of miracle cubes, new classes that are exponentially more broken and Big Bangs all over the place).

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

At least the boss fights will show more promise than it did in the original. I haven't looked much into other Nexon games, but among the more 3 dimensional games the boss fights are where their creativity can really flourish.

It really just comes down to how seriously they handle the project. I'm not sure what kind of scale their development team for MS1 was, but the team for MS2 is at least larger. I'll definitely try it, but how extensively will come down to how different it really is.

6. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Not even going to bother. After the pile of garbage that is current Maplestory, I can't imagine 2 will be that much better.

7. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Guys, don't get me wrong, I despise Nexon just as most of you, but I find laughable the amount of people being like"Trying a Nexon game? Never again"

You gotta remember Nexon owns a big chunk of the free to play market in the world and it keeps growing every year. They keep buying developing studios and rights over games left and right. You and I might not try another Nexon game for X amount of time, but chances are, unless we stop playing online games or even games at all, that we will fall for another Nexon game in the future. (Example: the amount of people from Southperry that plays both Dungeon Fighter and Dragon Nest).

If Nexon doesn't IP block it, I will try it. If they IP block it, I will still try to play it considering I've spent 6 years on this game. It doesn't mean I will get hooked or spend a dime on it.

8. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Probably not going to try it. I doubt it'll have the same charm as MapleStory used to have which drew me to it in the first place, and I should probably stop wasting my time with online games anyway

9. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

How didn't I think of this before...

Ahh looks like I'll have to download AOL 9.7

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Eh, I'll give it a go. As long as the current Nexon America MAPLESTORY team isn't going to run it, it'll be cool.

11. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

HEY GUYS.

At least with Maple 2, we can all exploit every exploit Maple Story has to offer and run it to the ground and make tons of NX via MTS and be godly in MapleStory2 !!!!!!!111!@!

12. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Sadly, this.

13. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

I intend to check it out but won't pay for a second of it.

14. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

lol if this is directed at me you're getting a slap in the face. I will never play a game managed by nexon ever again. I do not play dragonnest, I do not play dungeon fighter, or any other game registered on their website. I'm not sure if you know this, being so easily overlooked but whenever you download a game, that's related to nexon, guess what website it brings you too?

Even if nexon owns every free to play game in the world for the rest of eternity because they made a deal with the devil, unless I specifically see a change in their business model where NX is obtainable outside of charging it, or not making it incredibly challenging/demanding they won't see my IP address anywhere near that shyt. I'd rather pay to play then deal with a repeat of that garbage which would only be monopolized by people who have time and unethical methods of essentially scamming unaware players.

15. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Sadly, this is probably true.

I agree with those who say that this game won't have the unique 2D feeling MapleStory has, and it actually looks like many other games out there. I mean, MapleStory is special in many ways. This.. I'm not so sure about.

I'll definitely try it out, though, if they don't IP block.

16. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

MapleStory 2 was announced in October 2008.

I don't understand all the reactions in this topic. Everyone is judging MS2 based on a blurry screenshot.
    You don't know if this is the latest build of the game, for all we know they might have took it from an early build when the MS2 team just started development.

Just to clarify: MapleStory 2 is created by the MS2 team. This means that the MS team isn't involved with the development of MapleStory 2. They're separate teams. Therefore MapleStory 2 might be very different than MapleStory.

The Financial Deck says it's an upcoming product, but I'm very sure that MapleStory 2 won't be released for public till 2013.
    Why do I think that? Every year the GStar convention (equivalent to the E3 Expo in North America) is hosted in South Korea and large companies including Nexon showcase their new games. It's very possible that Nexon will show everyone MapleStory 2 and Mabinogi 2.

When closed beta is approaching for MapleStory 2, I will apply. But right now it's too early to judge the game in my opinion.
    It will take quite some time if this product reaches North America.

Kavatina Story (I assume the codename for this game was MapleStory 3D, but I'm not sure about that) was an MMORPG game developed by Wizet. Yet it failed to make success in Korea and got shut down.

17. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

ill try it, I hope you need teamwork for this one .

18. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

That doesn't stop it from being a trending topic every time some inkling of it pops up. Much like Masteria.

If the peeps wanna talk about it, let them talk about it. It'll all sort itself out in the end regardless.

19. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

Boy those little blurry characters look familiar...

20. Default Re: MapleStory 2 - Who Cares?

I wouldn't even bother wasting my time to try it. I don't want to spend my time to play some mediocre 3D MMORPGs.