Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

The reason I came back to maple was because I am on a 9 inch netbook ^.^

This man has many good points.

2. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

Actually nevermind I can't really debate this point. But you also have to remember every 3 months the LATEST BESTEST COMPUTER CARD EVER is now the standard the next year. Blade and soul was tested was tested on top of the line 2008 video cards for this reason

My point originally was if maplestory enters this kind of game market they are going to most likely get stomped. I say this because maplstory's "signature" was it was a platformer. It started and kept it's genre, now I feel like they are conforming and trying to force maplestory to become more "modern". If anything MS made F2P a turn off for me completely

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

Poor customer service. IN 3D!

4. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

Now you can not only dupe in 2D, but 3D too!

5. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

I don't follow hardware enough to even contemplate your claim, but I'm just generally wary of "minimum requirements".
    Mostly because I bought my current laptop maybe two years ago and it has a really difficult time playing Starcraft 2 on the lowest settings.

I do agree with your point about MS2 being in danger if it tries to simply emulate the current trend, but I don't believe Wizet is stupid enough to even attempt to do that.
    You can't judge an entire game from one screenshot.
    I don't think the new look has anything to do with trying to conform or become "modern". Remember that it's just as important that MS2 distinguish itself from Maplestory as it is for it to distinguish itself from other games.

6. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

I'm making the basis on the company's history, well not even the company the "maplestory group". As for modernize, I feel like by straying away from maplestory's original "platformer" to imitate the games current market it feels like they are conforming.

All of this is just opinion and assumptions though so it might as well be dribble but my trust in anything to do with nexon is absolutely unrepairable. I'm moving to B&S because it most likely will be paid to play, and I don't mind paying a small fee for some type of assurance I won't be royally fked over and/or trapped in the cube loop lol

7. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

I hope you all realise that a high system requirement game is synonymous with failure in Korea.

8. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

When it comes to MMOs, that's generally the rule everywhere.

Like I said, you can't judge an entire game on one screenshot.
    Super Mario 64 is 3D, was cutting-edge at the time, and still a platformer.
    I'm fairly confident that the sequel isn't going to stray too far from the basic elements of the first.
    There surely will be JQs, PQs, and the like.

I certainly understand not wanting to play based on Nexon's security track record though.

9. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

It's already been outsourced to china and has an expected due date of being completed by 2nd quarter 2012, and the only reason we're waiting that long is they are adding a talisman class(china only as of now) and a gunslinger class that uses martial arts with essentially two rifles/pistols. So "all" is a stretch imo

@viaje

Im not basing anything on the game at all, I just feel like the general difference of 3d vs 2d will just take away it's enjoybility. The stake in the coffin though is the company not the actual game.

10. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

the funny part of this is, my computer can run any game on highest graphics (skyrim @ 60fps), but can't run maple properly lol.

beside, not touching another F2P game ever again.

11. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

Looks like a R.O. ripoff.
    No thanks.

12. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

Actually, it became popular due to the fashion/social aspects.

Maple Story has always been seen as the game young kids~teens go to play to chill out with their friends and dress up in virtual torn jeans, t-shirts, etc.

13. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

As the person above stated, if this game can retain the social aspects I fell in love with MapleStory for, I'll be glad to jump right in. Knowing Nexon, it's gonna be F2P obviously. I hate games like Runes of Magic or WoW when nobody can stop to help a noob or at least talk or anything. Uggh.
    ---
    Contrary,
    if this 3D Maple was ANYTHING like this, I would love it. Nexon screws everything up though so I doubt it will come at all. By the time it hits Korea we won't get it for at least a year or so afterwards -_-

14. Default Re: Maplestory 2 coming soon?

I'm all for Maple Story 2. God knows Maple Story's client is incredibly old, and that's what makes it so exploitable.

However, it MUST be a 2-D sidescroller. They can update to 3-D models like everyone else, but the gameplay must remain 2-D.

15. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Judging from the screenshot, most likely it won't.