Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

It's not a crime to break a non-disclosure agreement. It's a civil matter. A person who breaks a NDA wouldn't be rounded up by the police and thrown in jail, they'd be sued into the ground by lawyers of the party that made them sign the NDA.

And you can absolutely sign away Constitutional rights when private agreements come into the frame. For example, Freedom of Speech. You give it up when you visit this very forum. Why? Because it's a privately owned forum. Your Freedom of Speech is only protected by the government in the PUBLIC. In private mediums of communication, the owner can decide what's allowed and what is not.

Your slave analogy is also flawed. It is criminally illegal to own a person. It is not illegal at all to tell someone "don't repeat anything I'm about to tell you". A person can agree to either in a contract. One would be easy to get thrown out due to the criminal activity involved, the other would be upheld because it's completely not criminal at all.

2. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

I'd suggest taking a well written, in depth list of problems that need to be addressed. Make sure that it is simply written though. Even if it's just lowly employees with no real power there's a slight chance it could be given to someone with the power to do something about it. For the sake of the game, let's hope this isn't just a useless waste of time filled with morons pandering to Nexon in hopes of preferential treatment.

3. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

This would be good to mention. Gain their trust, then SWOOP IN FOR THE KILL.

4. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

How are they going to enforce the NDA? Somebody could easily anonymously leak stuff, and they wouldn't know who did it.

5. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Could this be in relation to Maple Story 2?

6. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

That's good then. We can't wait to hear details about the meeting then. ^^

7. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

I am flip... from MapleTip Windia?!

8. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

It never ceases to piss me off when some idiot online spouts, "I can say whatever I want, wherever I want because I have Freedom of Speech."

And so it begins...

No, it's not likely to have any relation to Maplestory 2.

9. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Thank you for answering that for me instead of just insulting me, as I said before I didn't know for sure and am glad I got a clear answer from you.

10. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Even a marketing department will pause and listen if you compare the quality of their game to the quality of other games in terms of stability, safety and trustworthiness.

If the average perception of their game comes across as unsafe, risky, and unstable Marketing most definitely cares about that because their #1 is then to counter that perception anyway they can and look for ways to prove it false. If a focus group can make it clear to them that their continual portrayal of security as "All Your Fault" isn't flying there's a chance of them actually working on fixing it.

It's not a huge chance, but a focus group with a company like Nexon is like playing the lotto; odds of improvement are above zero, you could be the 1 in 10 billion (or no one can win this round).

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

If indeed all the questions are about marketing and sales, then you could simply reply that you wouldn't buy anything connected to the game until its massive gaping flaws are fixed. If they have reason to believe that the problems are hurting their profits then they would do something about it.

I know some people do that anyway, but someone actually meeting a nexon representative face to face and saying it might be just what is needed. Especially if by some cosmic joke Nexon really doesn't understand a lot of the problems we are having with the game.

12. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

They most certainly do understand.

I've said this before - everything that Nexon does (or does not do) has a reason behind it.

Bottom. Line. Profit.

13. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Then making it clear to them their behavior limits profit is in everyone's best interest.

14. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

FIRE!
    FIRE!
    THERE'S A HUGE FIRE IN THIS THEATER!
    QUICK, EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEAVE NOW!

15. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Theoretically, yes.

But in reality, the OP will most likely not be able to achieve that. (See: marketing reps working for minimum wage)

Moreover, I am sure Nexon knows that their behavior does limit profit. That being said, they have decided that it does not limit their profit enough to actually warrant changing said behavior.

16. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Your understanding of marketing reps is rather limited to be honest. Having actually been on the product advisory council for several real world companies and subjected to more market research and focus groups than most of you I can say most of the people I know who do internal market research for multi-million dollar companies are significantly higher placed and have greater say in product direction than you're giving them credit for. They're also far enough removed from their product to find user feedback about how crappy it is surprising because they live in a happy glowy world of perfect scenarios not reality and don't often know what happens when their product is used in suboptimal conditions or experiences external malevolence. It's a highly situational thing and unless you know more about how Nexon structures it's internal divisions than we do you're at best guessing based on how you've seen it done elsewhere, which is honestly not any more relevant than a coin toss.

Bringing it up costs nothing and may make a difference. Silence means status quo, period.

17. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

YOU CAN'T FORCE ME! I HAVE FREE WILL, AND I WILL DO AS I PLEASE.

18. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

The real reason we signed that NDA: To prevent us from leaking how bad it really is

If you went, mega facepalms everywhere. The details 'might' get leaked somehow.

19. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Facepalms as in the people running it were ignorant/oblivious or facepalms as in other people in the group were trolling/making stupid demands/requests and wasting time?

20. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

I can't wait to hear from this, "how bad it really is" seems pretty vague. It could mean in relation to their internal security, how the focus group was carried over, the other people who were there, Nexon's idea of how the game's going, etc.

I'm waiting for that possible leak, lol.