Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

As others have said, it probably won't matter, but in any case:

Might want to mention the fact that the Nexon NA site is still not encrypted. Honestly, how have they gotten away with that? It's honestly not a surprise at this point that people still get hacked when their site is still such an advertisement for hackers. "We have private information, oh and we don't do anything to protect it! Come get it!"

Yeah, Leaves is probably right, but there's a slim chance that whatever the drone writes down actually gets seen by someone who actually cares (With Nexon? LOLOL).

2. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Not to mention given that this is the internet, you could easily tell someone privately have it pass word of mouth until it's posted by someone who has absolutely no relation to the initial leak. I've done that several times whenever I signed an NDA, even had a GM from Atlantica tell me it's just a scare tactic.

3. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

I was merely basing it off the fact that you can't enforce a contract that would break a law, for instance I could never enforce a contract that made someone my slave regardless of whether or not they signed it. I would think that signing an NDA would go against our first amendment right to free speech I am however, as I said earlier not a lawyer though I would love to hear from someone more knowledgeable on the subject.

4. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Confidentiality agreements happen in like every big company. It's there to keep trade secrets from being leaked out. If this kind of agreement isn't in place, people could just accept a job at say Microsoft, learn the processes and secrets, quit, and then go to Apple with all the information.

Though I have no idea if this is the same kind of agreement. Just throwing it out there.

5. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Since it is the marketing department, emphasize the fact that high likelihood of having your account compromised=uncertainty=less spending. Basically, what Sapta said, except more geared toward "what they want to hear" and not just what they would perceive as "whining". If you can spin it in a way that it makes sense to them from a financial standpoint, then it has a chance of changing something, otherwise, everything you say will go in one ear and out the other.

6. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Well it's a good thing Nexon thinks we're "haters" and doesn't check up on Southperry now isn't it? lol

7. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

I think this concisely describes what I was going to say. I love you Razmos.

8. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

NDA agreements are perfectly legal in the United States, given that they do not enforce "illegal penalties" for divulging information (ex. Nexon can't kill you, but they can fine you, etc.)

Moreover, they are common practice for many employers, especially in the high-tech sector. It's often used to avoid trade secrets from being leaked out by employees who are laid off / fired.

9. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Bring lawyers and have them read over the NDA.

10. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

say whatever you can (sapta has good points, even if marketing reps are dippomegranates) and make us proud

good luck

11. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Well if you're just talking to marketing people it will probably accomplish nothing to voice your opinion but regardless, I hope it's not a bunch of suck ups in that interview "i like maple it's so fun, hime is so nice", and hope you all do discuss about all the issues constructively.

12. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Aside from the usual crap, tell them that they should focus on small details. It's better to finish something than leave it half arsed. Crusader Codex, for example. The old Monster book had cards for Singapore, didn't it? Why not bring them back? And add Masteria's, and the new areas, like those dark oblivion monks, along with new sets... And fixing the already existing ones. Ignore defense doesn't work, for example. Another thing is Masteria itself, Visitor PQ, that last event trophy NOBODY could achieve...

That just gives the staff the feeling of lazyness that we are so used to.

13. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

THIS RIGHT HERE ^

14. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

The person can always choose to NOT sign the NDA and Nexon would just not let them participate in the focus group...simple as that.

As stated by multiple people, NDAs are used by many companies to prevent their employers from trading their secrets with their competitors, or to prevent them from working for competitors (within a certain mile radius from that company)...sounds a bit ridiculous but it's how it's been for a while and the employee always has the option to not sign it and walk away from the job, just like the people participating in this focus group.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...in Nexon's case we can't eat cake because we were never given cake

Back on topic of the thread...LF>reason as to why 5 servers STILL only have 13 channels...I would like to Empress Cygnus some time before I quit this game without having to spend 25k NX on a server transfer

EDIT: *contemplates server xfer* will anyone in Bellocan accept me?

15. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Why is this about the reporting back? I don't care about that at all; just try to help out with what to say and drop the whole "omg I wanna know what happens there!", please. There are very few chances we even GET to make a difference, and while it is likely they will ignore everything said, it's better to use a chance than squander it.

16. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

You're not very clear on the concept of a non-disclosure agreement, are you? That could get him into all kinds of legal trouble.

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume that you are not very clear on the concepts of sarcasm or wishful thinking.

18. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

I found this hilarious.

19. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

On the phone, the person explained to me step by step about the whole NDA thing (even though I know exactly what 1 is), but the main reason she said was "if you see stuff in the offices and stuff, then you can't tell people those things"

This would be like future content and stuff, even though it'll most likely be KMS stuff that I already know about. If anyone remembers when a few photos of nexon went public at one time and I think it was showing off edelstein. That sort of stuff is what they want the NDA to protect.

20. Default Re: Got accepted to Nexon focus group 2/21

Hey, if a PR rep is there, can you politely mention that their PR FTP's login info STILL hasn't been taken off that one businesswire article about dragon nest.

Not to mention that months after the fact, the login credentials are STILL valid.