Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Inflection Point

Eh. Guild Wars 2? WoW?

P.S. League of Legends is not an adventure game but you should try that too.

Or you can devote some time in real life for...I think it was in Calculus when I learned about Inflection Points.

3. Default Re: Inflection Point

LOL! Thanks for all the input even yours locked. You never fail to bring a smile even when it is at my own expense! My apologies for trying to express my thoughts on the current state of the game in a somewhat articulate manner. I think the spirit of what I am trying to convey is pretty clear but you are correct that maybe "point of inflection" is not the best way to descibe it. However, stating that MS is at a point on a curve where the second derivative changes sign....just doesnt have the same ring to it. The point is that this might be the last opportunity for Nexon to change the slope of the current trajectory of this game for the better. If not then the current slope steepens and we plunge into oblivion. Again thanks all for the suggestions. I will do some DD and go from there.

Dalai

4. Default Re: Inflection Point

Your thread gave us the chance to release our inner nerdy math jokes.

5. Default Re: Inflection Point

As you can see, Locked adventures on math forums.

6. Default Re: Inflection Point

Provide evidence to refute my theory of the quality of MapleStory being nothing more than -(e^(x)), with quality on y and time on x.

7. Default Re: Inflection Point

Not after NCSoft tried to sue EME because TERA "copied too much from Lineage III". They totally lost my sale on that one, and since I don't priv server, I guess that's one less cool looking game for me to look forward to ;_;

Having standards sucks sometimes, I swear.

8. Default Re: Inflection Point

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...view_wsjlatest

Since they're publicly traded and they're not doing so hot, I'm certain we'll see something good or something funny from Nexon in the future.

Just waiting for more of these huge drops...

-(e^x)) means quality can't be 0 no? (it should be)

But I guess quality can't be negative so we have some quality but it always approaches zero over time.

9. Default Re: Inflection Point

Guys I'm at work, I can't keep a straight face with so many math references!

I think we should add another dimension to our graphic, we could actually be on a saddle point. Oh the possibilties!

10. Default Re: Inflection Point

I know that is a legitimate term, but I can't take that seriously with all those horses in your profile, dammit lol.

11. Default Re: Inflection Point

Don't judge a book by its cover. And besides, horses are pretty cool. I should have new signature soon with less sexiness.

12. Default Re: Inflection Point

quickly some one take the derivative or anti derivative and get maple back on a singular path! but in all seriousness its not as bad as one would think. I'm on arc and we don't have the huge influx of hackers or mesos to NX ratio (yet). Everything has remained about the same pricing as before and even though we have 3-5 FM rooms (1 2 3 7 and 4) with people in them (aka you can't find pineapples) and only two or three guilds acualy do major boss runs (HT, Czak, PB & empress attempts) its still not that bad. at least its more preferable to have a shait load of hackers to destroy everything

13. Default Re: Inflection Point

It remains to be seen how bad it has to get before it's not profitable, though. Anyway, the minimum quality should be zero, not -inf. Consequently I suggest e^(-x), which starts at 1 at t=0 and drops asymptotically to zero.

14. Default Re: Inflection Point

It kind of makes sense, actually.

Spoiler