Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

More...

2. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

I keep forgetting Nexon's headquarters is in Tokyo now
    Anyways from the quick skimming I did, Nexon seems to be doing good well again.

3. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

-->Take live follow-up questions
    -->A U.S. number to dial for it

Not really sure on how to read these fiscal reports but if I'm reading it correctly, their percentage increases are lower than last years?

4. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Posting some interesting tidbits as I find them.

First off, for all the ignorant shouting that Nexon would ever kill Maplestory:

Not only has it made Nexon the most money overall, it also has made them the most per year since debut, based on average.

5. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Swimming in money...

6. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

From page 21 of the "Financial Deck", to once and for all shut up people who say "Maplestory was better before Nexon took over."

If you didn't start playing before 2005 (which would only be possible for players of KMS, JMS, or CMS based on another chart), you've never played Maplestory independently of Nexon.

7. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Wow, DFO has almost reached maple lifetime gross sales in less time (just a couple year less but still), is that worldwide?

@above: You could also see it as if the first year of gMS was kinda Nexon free since it was the content made before Nexon bought Wizet, as in they were independant for a year and thus content made in said year regardless in what year is released elsewhere is nexon free, unless of course they rushed content.

@below: HOLY HELL IS THAT THE FIRST MS2 PIC?!

8. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Yes, this should be world-wide.
    I recall someone saying that Dungeon Fighter is really popular in one region (can't remember which).

I honestly had no idea it was that popular either!

Prepare to eat, well, crow.

Oh, general PS, Maplestory 2 not 2D confirmed.

9. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

I'd love to see that pic in better quality, and more of it too. Once they had Kavatina Story labeled as MS 2 and that did not mean much. *Chews on a crow*

10. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

I would too, but, alas, is not to be. At least not yet.

Did Nexon themselves mislabel Kavatina Story? I know a misnaming happened, but I wasn't aware of where it first occurred.

Anyway, also found this interesting:

I didn't realize how little (on a relative scale) NexonAM made.
    Even more surprising is that, as of last year, China makes Nexon the most money. Holy crap!

11. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Hory pomegranate MS2.

12. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

This.

13. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

(Zoom)
    WHAT THE...

14. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

that's all I'm sold...

eeeh also maplestory 2? I thought it was cancelled or something... kinda interesting to see it... 3d game I wonder if they'll keep the actual jobs... heroes... cygnusk

15. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Why? Relative population makes it an obvious probability.

PlacePopulation
    USA
    South Korea
    China

Foothold in the highest population = growth.

16. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

How does GMS keep making tons of money with constant and consistent screwups? They actually got more profit than from the previous year? Amazing.

17. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

http://ir.nexon.co.jp/cms/pdf/eibun_...8a7af39371.pdf

Their income decreased in the 4th quarter due to "aggressive hacking" (page 7). Pretty trivial though, since they still experienced overall growth. More importantly, MS2. Not as appealing an idea to me as it used to be tbh.

18. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

Probably because every year they squeeze the players harder and harder for cash.

19. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

It's not actually tons of money for this corporation looking at what cMS and jMS and eMS all made in 2011 and 2010. GMS are actually making the least amount if I'm understanding it correct and you stated why that is:)

20. Default Re: NEXON Releases Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Financial Results

In there 2011 financial results PDF they mention this.