Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

The grey background for the text areas always changes color on mouse over, and just feels annoying. Is that intentional/required? Or is that removable? It seems like it would flow better if it just stayed a solid color.

Just a few spelling errors:
    FAQ page
    Line 123: "Copyrighted" is spelled "Coprighted"
    Line 137: "Community" is spelled as "Communmity"

And the footer explain
    "All images, artwork, and icons are copyright their respective game publishers, developers and licensees." should probably be
    "All images, artwork, and icons are copyright to their respective game publishers, developers and licensees." as the former doesn't look grammatically correct, however, I'm not sure on this as I'm no grammar-expert.

2. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Might want to specify what timezone all the timestamps are in.

Also image alt-text blocks the hover box.

3. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

What browser?

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Nice job. Displays all fine for me now.

I'm guessing there will be a visual revamp later on though?

5. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Chrome 18. It's fixed now.

6. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

It's good. I know it's nice to have all the stats in one place, but it seems kinda redundant to have the time of last check and reachability in the box. Those are already clearly displayed. Getting rid of those lines would also make the box smaller, but I guess it only looks big because I'm checking this on my phone...

With regards to what Shidoshi said, would having a ratio of reds/greens for the past hour or so be a better indicator of server stability? Sounds like a pain to do though.

Oh, and I find it sad that you've listed Perfect World as a publisher in the games list, but haven't included Perfect World itself. Are you keeping a bigger list of games somewhere, or are the crossed out ones all you're planning to do for now?

7. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

We have a rather huge list, the ones that up there are the ones being actively worked on in the queue by someone, not representative of everything planned.

Once the current queue is weeded down we'll move into open alpha, publish a list of the remaining games and be more productionalized. Other games from PWI will likely be up before we're caught up with all the other publishers so it probably will never be on the in progress list, it'll just pop up somewhere in the process most likely.

8. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

A little pedantic, but the hover-over info box seems too far away from the cursor itself so the little arrow on the hover-over box ends up pointing to the server next to the one you're hovering over on the games that have more channels per server like Maple and DN. Can kind of be seen in the screenshot a few posts up.

9. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

As a suggestion, maybe add an aeriagames tab sometime down the line? I play edeneternal sometimes, and soon lime odyssey. Aeria recently bought out Ijji, so they are decent sized now, too. They have a ton of games though, lol.

10. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

It's line 16 of 60 in the master list. Refer to -> #47

11. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Might ruin the simplicity a bit, but it'd be really useful to have a 'recent' or 'favourite games' tab of sorts, so if and when there are hundreds of titles listed people can pick and choose specific games to keep up with. Or even just a 'most popular' tab.

12. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

You would have to elaborate on what you mean by those terms. Recent to who? Favorite to who? How do those differ from using your browser history or book mark? If they require registration that's a huge turn off, people don't want to register to see that sort of crap when they can just bookmark it, or even type it faster. Right now the site runs off completely static content; No queries are used in accessing the site or it's data, and I'd prefer to keep it that way as much as possible.

By the time there are hundreds of titles the layout will be significantly different and we'll actually have data on what games statuses are the most popular, it'd be rather hard to accomplish that at the moment with so few games and virtually no usage.

13. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

I guess bookmarking the pages works too, I just thought it'd be a nice feature to have a drop down list that individual people could customise for their favourite games. Recent as in the server status pages that you've visited, so essentially the same as a browser history, but more usable. Was thinking for the future mostly, as there isn't really any point right now when there are so few titles - but it's no big deal if it's easy to get around that by just using bookmarks.

14. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Would you consider the hassle of another user/pass you have to remember/record/use worth the benefit of what you've described when you still have to use a bookmark or similar to get to the site anyway? Is your main point of entry to the site going to be a bookmark to a game you're interested in, or would you be typing the address manually?

15. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

I'd have MMOStatus.com on my bookmark toolbar (Google Chrome) and have the login/password saved to browser memory, would just have to hit the login button. I'd use it for sure, but I can't speak for everyone.

16. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

It's like for Southperry, where I have absolutely no idea what my password is. I just keep going while it's on the memorized passwords and reset it whenever it logs out.

17. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Yes, but you actually interact here. There's a completely different cost/benefit to having an account.
    If the only thing an account got you on southperry was the 'exclude forums' feature would you have bothered creating an account?

18. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

I'd be pretty inclined to create an account simply for the 'ignore users' function.
    As for your site, I usually don't play many games at once so I would only bookmark 1 page. But for anyone that plays several games it might be more interesting.

19. Default Re: New Project - MMOStatus.net

Checking MMOStatus reminded me to finally whitelist Southperry's ads, so there's that.

On current subject, I think any form of "favorite" list would be excessive work just to create work.
    I can't imagine a scenario in which someone would need to check more than one game at a time.