Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
  1. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

They have dupes, they only need to buy 1 of any item (preferably clean) and they're golden.

2. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Saddest part is, that's totally true.

Hilarious, but true

3. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Whit all the money they earn, they can make 10 characters whit full godly equips....... and a car

4. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

double post >.>

5. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

1. If one of them starts liquidating all of his assets, all the others undercut him and each other in an attempt to make the most profit. (as seen by the recent waves of mts stuff) Therefore, it's much better to wait until you have enough of a stock that you can have nearly a monopoly on the market.
    2. Removes chance of loss due to rollbacks.
    3. Take protection scrolls as an example. For months hackers wouldn't sell them, and only offered "warding services". Why? If even one got out into the market, it could be duped by their competition, resulting in huge losses for them.
    Much better to release them when you have several thousand(in the case of protect scrolls, I've seen pictures in which they literally have 48 slot use inventories completely filled with stacks of 100).
    This principle would apply to the things such as 20 att earrings and 27 att raccoon masks as well.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

same reason dupe methods are "top secret" if someone from the other group figures it out, and there's a fallback dupe method, they'll release how it's done so that it gets patched, and cuts group B's ability to compete in prices and undercut.

maple's a mafia.

7. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

At least there's competition between hacking groups, otherwise it would be a monopoly and things would be much worse.

8. Proton Gay Male
    IGN: Vilandria
    Level: 142
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Edge
    Alliance: reddit
    usa

Tyler is a 14 year old boy who lives close to the Nexon HQ and likes to go in their offices being a fanboy, giving them cupcakes and generally kissing their butts. He's convinced that he's going to intern there one day soon because they all "love him" and he's so wise and mature beyond his years.

The fact that he hasn't been banned or reprimanded for his imping yet sort of implies that there might be some truth to his claims. That or he's some Nexon employee's buttboy. Or both.

I realize this topic is like 5 pages old, but I'm still bitter over getting gangpineappleed by a 14 year old boy and his fangirls for calling him out on his bullpomegranate.

9. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

You should leave the Nexon forums and never come back. Your life will be much better over here with us.

10. Proton Gay Male
    usa

Oh, I have. I've never really gone to the Nexon forums by choice. Just here (and Leafre/Ellin for KMS needs). The only time I really went there -- and thus was exposed to Tyler and his entourage -- was when all the pomegranate was going down a few weeks ago, because Southperry was going down for me as often as MS was.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

oh yea, indeed, but there's always one group that's ahead you could say.

meh, in the end it's us who lose.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I think at this point we can safely say that we just need to ask ourselves one simple question:

Why are we still playing and in some cases paying?

This game is full of bugs, repeatedly exploited, and has no apparent customer or developer support. None of these things show any sign of changing.

This game had a lot of potential and I love many aspects of the game itself, but now I've come to realize that even without directly spending $ to support Nexon and its terrible practices; I'm complicit with the system by selling items in the MTS and occasionally buying codes with mesos. So I'm quitting for good just as soon as I get my HT Slayer medal (2 days assuming I can work up the nerve to log on). Atlas has shrugged

13. Proton Gay Male
    usa

I don't have to ask myself that question anymore. This whole mess is why I downloaded kMS and have taken a hiatus from gMS, and I couldn't be happier.

14. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

^same, only I went back to DFO...surprisingly enough, DFO is actually run rather well and I don't ever recall there being so many problems in terms of hackers and so many server maintenances when I played over the summer (they had like one a month which was awesome)...

until things get better in GMS there's really no point in even logging on anymore...

15. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

I have the little hope that one day in a far future, nexon will do something...

And by the way, why there is always someone asking this? you don't want us to play or something?

i am pretty sure that whit the current state of the game, if you are playing is because you know that you can get hacked/banned, that you can survive whit rollbacks, dupes, scammers, etc...
    Last edited by DarkForgeJ; 2012-02-16 at 12:50 PM.