Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Thinking the same, we know a lot tried it once or twice just to call it a scam I doubt there would be enough mesos made by it to generate inflation, also after some thought maybe it was the MTS but kMS has a cash trade system too, right?

2. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

They do, but you don't sell items for NX, you sell NX items for mesos or in-game items.

3. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

I see, so indeed the reason why we have such high inflation rate is the MTS since almost everyone wants NX (farm mesos, buy item in mesos, sell item for NX then buy other items with NX regarding mesos useless for most part) and just by buying NX you could buy stuff that would normally sell for mesos and with duping just making it worse.

4. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

theres alot of factors that get put into an economy and how its going to run in MS. Large Factors are meso botters which is fueled for the high demand of meso and the popularity of the game, MTS system which basically the form of items for real game currency now challenges meso, Lack of viable Meso Sinks(which imo should be emphasized a bit more somehow, sellable mastery books(which IMO should have been the system instead of the drop system, limited time special scrolls, special Meso only styles and other junk there could be an endless amount of possibilities. heck use normal megaphones(single channel) with a capped amount per day as a meso choice or something). and thats just looking at the wide scale factors.

5. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

I don't think mts is the main problem, just for the fact that it isn't actually a mesos *source*. The more mesos in the economy, the less effective existing sinks become, such as potions. Potions are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Ideally...
    - They need to remove 90% or more of the mesos to get it back onto a sensible scale
    - They need to find out where all this excessive mesos is coming from and stop it
    - They need to consider additional sinks to help maintain the economy
    - They need to employ a person whose job is to monitor the maple economy and identify potential problems and come up with appropriate solutions (surely a game with millions of players justifies that)

6. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

While I am also on the line of purging massive amounts of mesos, saying that MTS is not one of the biggest problems is plain wrong. Duping is made many times easier to profit from since they can get easy NX for their handywork out of MTS, whereas without it, they would have to rely on selling stuff off-game for that kind of currency. It would cut a mastodont chunk out of the dupers market to remove it. MTS also spread the duped stuff like a whore would spread syphilis. The economy would be better off with a purge and a live MTS, but MTS will always be the exploiters best pal and continue to pineapple the economy.

7. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

But it doesn't CREATE any mesos. The problem is the excessive amounts of mesos flooding the economy. There is too much mesos, and mts is not where it came from. mts assists the process and provides motivation, sure, although it isn't the root of the problem. Once the duping stops, mts will stop being a problem. Even without mts, duping would still be a problem. Unless they stop the duping, MS is totally screwed quite frankly.

Also, from my understanding the SSS actually evade trade tax.

8. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Duping SSS creates meso, botters create mesos. But all is pointless if these mesos can't be turned into NX. The MTS creates an easy path for those that create mesos and inflate the economy to profit of it.

9. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

So still complete silence from Nexon? Another day to avoid playing maple what a surprise.

10. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

An excellent meso sink would be the introduction of cubes, hammers, and other cash shop essentials as in-game drops. The massive wealth required to self cube equips, coupled with everyone's intense desire to be powerful, is what drives many to just give in to duping. Another idea would be to have certain NPCs sell mastery books. There's no reason why a player should have to pay 500+ mil for a mastery book.

In my opinion, the roll back is not going to happen. There are far too many simpler ways they can solve this issue and the game has been up and running way too long2. Before anyone argues that they've done it before and will do it again, just remember the last time they did nobody could log in to begin with.

11. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Then they'd get duped, rendering it worse off than before. At least right now cubes/hammers/wards (lol, protection scrolls) can't be traded/duped. Having them as untradeable & store bought/quest obtained would be a slightly better approach, but that isn't going to happen.

12. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

My cousin plays a private server where the economy does have CS drops, 1x rates and whatever. I went on it a few times to observer the economy, although it's not as big as say GMS, it has a constant 1500-2500 players playing majority all time (lowest I've seen it in one week was probably 700ish). The game is also a direct mirror of the current version aka if GMS updates so does the pserver. I personally haven't done anything with it but observer the market to see how they handled it, and nx is 1:4 (4m for cubes). Just thought I'd share it, although it's probably not accurate it be interesting to see how GMS would handle cash shop items obtainable in game through drops/quests.

13. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

The amount of Irony in this post is off the charts...

14. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Of course it would not have any bad effect on the economy just because they are CS items. It would however have a pretty big impact on Nexons income.

15. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

I didn't see it as predictable, I always figured that even with those things implemented it wouldn't really change anything because of the demand for them. I do see your point though

16. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Yeah, I forgot to mention making them untradeable. We can agree on some level that this would work if they tried it. Who knows, maybe more players would be drawn to GMS if not everything required players to gamble real money. If I recall correctly KMS has in-game cubes don't they?

17. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

I think KMS was under investigation BECAUSE of the cubes and their likeness to gambling and the addiction it can cause. Whether that actually went anywhere is beyond me, but it has been brought up by the government once before already.

18. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

KMS does NOT have in game cubes.
    Not sure where people got that idea from.

19. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

You mean that they don't have cubes available from outside the CS. Some oblivious souls really do think bosses drop cubes.

20. Default Re: Why the Secret Spell Scroll system would have never worked.

Kill MTS, put CS trading room, disable SSS trade off. How hard is it?