Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Well at least they said something instead of the usual silence. Pretty cheesy though ha. I hope they can use this is a huge wake up call and take a much more aggressive stance towards these people.

2. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Okay this irk's me. They write nearly 3 paragraphs essentially admitting or acknowledging the problem, which frankly is a drop in the bucket compared to what happened the last two years concerning database leaks, that they still haven't acknowledged to their customers directly, THEN don't give us any answers/compensation/anything? "We're trying! Like we always are! Sorry about the inconvience". It's just a fluffed up ticket that they sent to everyone.

3. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

>Hackers botting all around
    >Items being duped everywhere
    >Accounts being robbed everyday
    >Glitches being abused left and right
    >Economy is under the ground

Caretakers of maple? So much hypocrisy.

This is like when they say they give a f'ck about the game economy and the next day, they release meso bags in cash shop. The only way I'd take a letter like this any serious is after I constantly start seeing GM's in game doing more than events and after some measures are taken about the destroyed economy.

@Khaini: We've had 3exp for a week and 2exp for the next 4 days. Thats enough compensation (and a strategy to get everyone to crave for 2exp cards once this is over). Seeing as they don't mention the hackings or anything else in this letter, there is nothing else to ask compensation for here.

4. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Awwww.. poor Nexon. How can you stay mad at a company who writes such an apology to their users??

I guess I'll buy some NX today!

5. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

If you believe that "HERE LEVEL FASTER" is enough compensation to make the community stop whining then I'll agree. However this isn't enough to recover the game, they need to shut it down for a f`ucking week and give it a proper ressurection, none of this large patch bull sh`it

6. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

"HERE LEVEL FASTER" is enough compensation for the instability issues, but only for that. The hackings, dupping, the economy and such need other kind of compensation. I personally can't hope for a better one than just resolving those issues. Hacking might be impossible to stop but it sure can be restricted and even controlled if they put more GM's to watch the game.

7. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Let me rephrase, I'm not concerned about the disconnect issues, that's just the smallest problem, it's the fact they are disregarding everything else. Where's our apology for everything else that's gone wrong? You making it easier for me to log in is not going to make me come back, nor is deleting a few weapons that can be easily duplicated if ONE gets overlooked.

8. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Because they have not come up with a solution for the problem yet. They do not have a concrete plan of action to remove the hacked weapons yet as it probably is more complex then they anticipated. The other part is that the game is poorly coded, so asking for a complete removal of all hacks is nigh-impossible without a complete recoding of the entire game, which will almost never happen until some hacker comes along with something that is of such a destructive force that nexon will be forced to re-code it. OR actually take hints from KMS and require real-life verification to make an account.

9. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

That would just spam everyone. Nexon does ban people, but hackers can just make more accounts.

10. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

What was their solution to this? Also it's not complex at all, I assure you, common sense just needs to be applied along with time, neither have been done. I don't even need to know how to code shortcuts, if they are completely that incompetent to not know how to apply it because it's so complex, all they have to do is sit on the game in popular training spots for a day. That's it.

There's a difference between obliteration 100% full proof and managing. Their adveritising seems to take priority of anything else. They need to change those priorities period. Re-coding the game is an option commonly spouted out because obviously they have no f`ucking idea how to do anything with it and waiting for KMS to fix the glitches and assure smooth transisition is just f`ucking stupid.

What good will that do when KMS got hacked, the difference is they lossed important information while we don't. So are you willing to risk it? Lately I'm not, even if it gives me assurance of compensation/reconstruction.

11. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

"A Message About Your Game"

No Nexon... it's your game. Then again, maybe it is our game because the players can do whatever the hell they want in it <_<.

12. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Just because it seems like it should be an easy fix, doesn't mean it is. Do you know of its like to have to write a program to scour through millions of lines of database information and not have it screw up AT ALL? Even if they get it right, everyone who bought those items with NX/Mesos will complain. The other problem is that nexon needs to check it on 3 different databases, Inventories, MTS (Which KMS doesn't even have so that makes it even harder), and in Storages. All of which may be stored on seperate locations in seperate sets of code. Even if its wrong by a single variable, it can have disastrous results if done incorrectly. They are taking it extremely slow because the know what happened last time when they deleted all the illegitimate UA's and half of the legit ones too.

Yes, The current system is massively flawed. But as EOS had said in the "What Every Mapler should know" thread, was that maple is a client heavy MMO, and thusly is way easier to exploit than other types of games of this sort. Im hoping if they ever make a Maplestory 2, They will learn from their mistakes and hopefully make a more complex/encrypted client and database.

If nexon would bother to invest some money in to encryption technology, it wouldnt matter if we gave them our info or not. The fact that i suggested real world verification is that it would remove the hacker's abilities to simply make a new account after getting banned. Im not saying the system has to be using some sort of valuable information, but they should have a process in which you have to provide some sort of unique identifier for yourself so that you cant just make 10 accounts after you get banned for hacking. That is partly the reason why KMS has less hackers. The punishments are much more severe for losing your account. If GMS did some sort of system like this, I am confident the number of hackers will be cut in half at least.

EDIT: Yes i know i cant spell/grammar correctly. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Untradeable; 2012-02-09 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I R BAD SPELL

13. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

It's a nice gesture. I was hoping since they bothered that it would have a little code at the bottom for nx or a cs prize.

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: A Message About Your Game

derp nexon with more appologies and no significant action.

15. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

...Read the last two setences. The point of my solution isn't just to simply do a wipe becuase I don't think nexon is capable enough because they understand shyt all of their game. FFS they think potential scrolls take slots. All they have to do is sit and have a criteria of items with 100's of enhancments and see morons flaunting them. They don't have to get rid of them, they have to make players afraid to use them to begin with. Right now players even consider it legitimate gear if they purchase it, and frankly why shouldn't they? They don't get banned and the only consequence is you get some smug legit talking down to you, big whoop.

With no consequence comes no fear or hesitation. Even if nexon is completely incabable of getting rid of them, they can ban the characters who use it, and obviously flaunt it. Seriously, any item above 400 attack should be outright deleted with the character. Sure they could hide them, but what's the point if they get banned for using them? The market of them crashes, hackers stop trying to dupe them, game somewhat gets back to normal.

Even if they are incabable of coding all they have to do is take some iniative within the game.

..I don't see how this at all helps your argument, you're essentially saying keep it as it is because that's how it is? Obviously it needs to be reconstructed, and obviously the current system isn't working. I don't see anything in your response that contradicts that, in fact enforces it.

Yes but what verification system? Korea uses social security numbers, and I was an advocate of us doign that as well until KMS got hacked and lost all that important information. The only thing I could think of is possibly what the big MMO's use, assuming nexon would want to start sending those out to every goddam player who makes a maple account. Should a free to play game be selling these to players who make it? Should they be keeping SS numbers? When you put FREE in any title it really means FREE OF ANY LIABILITIES IF YOU GET FK'D. Life lesson.

16. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

No one had a problem with the spam back when they did it.

17. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

The problem with banning everyone that owns the items is that people can feign ignorance and nexon has to believe them that they did not know that the items were hacked, even if it is blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain, the people who just joined the game and did not know that it was a hacked item would have to suffer if they thought they were getting a good deal on an awesome weapon, That is why nexon is hesitant to ban anyone with these items because it would put too many "innocent" people in a situation that isnt fair to them if they did not know better. Yes i understand when you agree to a F2P game that you basically have no control over your character but you assume that the company does not use that to screw over the players, that's just not a good business model.

Personally my idea would be some sort of form that oyu have to fill in when you sign up, then when you are done, you have to wait in the mail for a verification number (Snail Mail, not E-Mail) that; once filled in, activates your account.

Or do what WoW does and offer free Verification Flash Drives. It'd make it easy to prove that your the owner of that account.

18. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Someone needs to post the southpark BP "we're sorry" video !
    :( phones

19. Default Re: A Message About Your Game

Ignorance is not an excuse, and the business model you say they frown upon is pretty much applied anyway, in fact worse. Examples include chaos scrolls, mesos, and certain instances of duped items. Sorry but if a player can afford it they most likely know why it's so expensive and not easily made.

You mean like hotmail/gmail/yahoo and every other service you ever sign up for uses? First off you're asking someone to wait nearly 2-4 weeks for a letter in order to play a game.

As for the flash drive, you have to remember that's an investment nexon has to make or offer as an option to maplers. Then people will complain its a free to play game with paid security. Though as I say that it sounds pretty good, but also as I previously said I agree with that plan as well.

20. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: A Message About Your Game

My BL moaned all the time, as did I.
    Although I did see a greater reaction during the echo fiasco, though it didnt spam my chatbox therefore I didn't mind it.