1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Auto-Buff questions

Since we're apparently getting this tomorrow, and I don't trust Nexon to fully explain it:

1) When does it recast the buff (select all that apply)?

a) on a timer you determine
    b) after it expires
    c) just before it expires (when it starts blinking)
    d) when it is dispelled

2) Can you make it recast a macro instead of a single buff?

3) Is this rebuffing still subject to the "must move" rule? (In other words, if I leave my HS'er on a rope with this thing on, will it keep HS'ing until the pet starves, or will it stop after 100 casts or however many the limit is?)

4) Does buffing still happen when you are stunned, sealed, or seduced?
    4a) If you are out of MP, will the buff be attempted once and then abandoned, or will it be done as soon as you regain MP?
    4b) Are there other situations in which Auto-Buff will not happen (like auto-pot which doesn't pot if you are "busy" buffing, looting, or using another potion)?

2. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

1) It recasts when the buff is no longer active. So, when you get dispelled AND/OR when it runs out.
    2) Nope, sadly.
    3) I don't believe so. I've kept Meso Guard on overnight and it was still there in the morning, iirc.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Thank you.
    And I've added a few more questions, do you know the answer to those?

4. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

4) No to all.
    4a) It keeps insisting that you get more MP, actually. It's annoying as hell.
    4b) None of those, I can't think of any others.

5. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

HS muling became a whole lot easier if this is true!

6. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

I dunno, I feel like Nexon might have made that un-autobuffable to prevent HS muling.
    Lemme ask someone in my alliance with HS and a pet to try it when I get on.

7. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Does autobuffing party skills provide the effect to the party?
    If so, is the buff range the same as using the skill, or is it predetermined to be the same for all autobuffed skills?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yes and no.
    For one thing, HS mules are now HS+(Advanced)Bless mules, and that would mean two pets with Auto-Buff.
    Also, the pet buffs exactly once, when the buff expires. You can't really expect everyone in the party to be within range of the HSer at the exact second HS expires - if they are there it usually means they've wasted some killing time to get there a bit early.
    And then they have to be there again when Bless expires, because those are on different durations.
    Somehow, I don't think that's going to work...

I assume it does exactly the same thing that would happen if you hit the key for the skill yourself.

9. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Yep, they affect the party. Not sure about the range, but I think its the same as the regular skill.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

afaik, HS also lasts longer for mages than other classes, so that's another arrow to this theory's knee.

11. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Buff mastery can be turned off.

12. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

This might be a stupid question, but does the auto-buff skip the animations of casting it and applying the buff on you?

13. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

I really don't see much use for this thing. Maybe if it is fail safe it could be nice for mages wih MG. The HS mule thing is just unpractical for reasons stated above, and pets need to be feeded or they go "home".

14. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Yeah it does. It'll just automatically give you the buff, ignoring all animations and delays.
    Great for long delay buffs like Shadow Partner.

15. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Thanks. That's probably the only notable reason for me to get it. I don't mind pressing a key to recast buffs, but Mercedes has a pretty long line of long delay buffs. When doing a raid where you can die so much that recasting buffs consumes a lot of time, being able to cut off some of the time would really help.

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

indeed, i'm only wishing this item ends up being perm. fat chance though.

but it would make beholder, decent CO, and MW that much more manageable.

17. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

You can get away with just HS'ing, Bless is just a nice bonus. While not a perfect system, I can see a lot of lazy bishops using the pet autoskill while they afk dope on a rope.

18. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Well i often HS mule on my laptop for friends while i do my own thing elsewhere.. if the party was to return to the mule just as the HS symbol started blinking everyone would be able to get HS no problem with no time wasted.

19. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

Shame it does a single skill only, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it could do a full macro.

Box Priests at Squids, anyone?

20. Default Re: Auto-Buff questions

I know right? Would be so...useful. Not keen on having multiple pets follow me around, I mainly use my pet as a vacuum cleaner and only one is needed for that.