Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default How does Steal really work?

A couple questions about it:
    1) Does it work if you 1hko the monster you're using it on? Or does it not work, like Taunt?
    (If it does work, then it would be more efficient to hunt for Dews while using Steal, right?)
    2) Someone said it cancels out event drop rates. I doubt it, but any thoughts on whether or not it actually does?

2. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

1) Works like Taunt.
    2) No idea, you'll have to ask that other guy who more or less worked out the mechanics for Steal, but whose name eludes me at the moment.

3. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

1) It works even if you 1HKO the monster. The "stolen" drop should appear behind the regular drops.
    2) That's just ridiculous.

4. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

It does?

Maybe I just haven't used it enough. ._.

5. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

I remember back in the days before BB Chaos etc, that if you succesfully steal a monster you wont get any drop from it: Example, steal steal steal a snail WOOT droped meso, now kill the snail it only drops the etc or potion.
    Dont know if this has changed, once you get 1 item droped (etc, potion, usable, equip) it would not drop anything else. That was then though

6. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

Last time I tested Steal (when El Nido came out) it would only steal things the monster was already going to drop, and then the monster wouldn't drop that item anymore.

7. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

Steal doesn't work if you OHKO, just tested it.
    Or, well, there's a very low likelyhood of it working, since in a few hundred Dual Beatles, Steal proc'd not once.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: How does Steal really work?

Yeah, we already confirmed on the Basil Shad forums that Steal doesn't duplicate items.

How are you guys testing how it works, since it doesn't duplicate drops?

9. Default Re: How does Steal really work?

What. This skill is not as complicated as you make it out to be. I've used it countless times before that mini, skill balance patch that made Steal a mob attack and every subsequent major patch after that.

1) "Stolen" drops should fly up from the monster if Steal is successful.
    2) If you 1HKO the monster, the "stolen" drop should appear behind the regular drops.
    3) If you steal an Equip, Use, Set-Up, Etc., the monster will not drop it again when killed.
    4) If you steal mesos, the mesos "stolen" will be half of the amount the monster would have dropped and the monster can drop the mesos upon dying as well. So say a monster drops 1,000 mesos, if you proc Steal on the monster and mesos drop, the amount "stolen" will be 500. When you kill the monster, it may also drop its default 1,000 mesos so you end up looting 1,500 mesos.