1. Default Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

I am all kinds of sad about this right now.
    Yeah, it's been coming, but he's making this all pretty sad.

2. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

This was still going? Wow lmao. I will have to play catch up I guess.

3. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

Negima! 2 incoming.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

oh wow, maybe i'll finally give this a chance then, i hate reading incomplete stuff.

5. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

Just got caught up on the chapters after reading this. I'm not expecting too big of a finale to be honest. Just a stage-setter for Negima! 2 or something along those lines.

6. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

By the way, there's an alternate ending starting from the chapter after Negi is introduced to the citizens of Mundus Magicus as a hero, in the form of a movie titled "Mahou Sensei Negima! Anime Final".

7. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

We better get 60 page long chapters for the last three, because there's a lot of plot and closure that needs to be given. In terms of missing explanations, we still don't really understand /* why Nagi was the Mage of the Beginning and who the heck the Gravekeeper is supposed to be */ . Some things that would be nice to see are possibly telling what happened in the past or even a timetravel plot, an Eva pactio with Negi, the final battle, and of course- which girl he chose in the end.

8. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

I imagine if we're going to see an increase in pages for all 3 pages, we'd be getting 30-35 at MAX. Though, I don't see them increasing the pages for any of the chapters, except maybe the last one. I too wish they'd increase the page count though. 3 more chapters seems like an awfully small amount to close out the series with. I figured it was coming soon, given the latest chapters, but the biggest thing I want is a romance resolution. They made way too much of a big deal out of it these past several chapters for us not to get one.

That's not really an alternate ending, either.. That's just the studio going with an anime only ending, because it was released before the manga was going to be finished. Also Akamatsu-sensei didn't really have much input into its making, if any at all. I'm still going to watch it regardless, because it's a Negima anime, and we only have those 2 OVAs that were animated properly.

Also, I don't see Negima 2 coming. He's been working on Negima for 9 years now. Given all the constant breaks he took, I imagine he was getting at least somewhat tired of the series, and wanted it to end. I both believe and hope we'll get a new, original work from him following Negima's conclusion. Though if we do get Negima 2, I wouldn't mind either. He's one of my favorite authors, so I'll read whatever he publishes next.

9. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

And another satisfying series comes to a close.
    Thankfully Liar Game's still going on.

10. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

oh good. I'd stopped buying it after volume 20 because i realized it would become an inevitable money sink if it was still ongoing.

11. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

Chapter 352 was just released by Red Hawk. Now we have to wait 2 weeks for the first of the last 3 chapters.

Chapter 352 just continues the epic sads of 351.

12. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

13. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

3 chapters left and I'm still pretty solid on this simply being a setup for Negima 2. Which will either continue where this leaves off, or will take place in that 100 something year gap between a certain someone going to sleep and waking up.

14. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

I know this thread is kinda old now, but I don't wanna make an entirely new thread for this.

Anyway, Chapter 354 looks like a lead-up to a NegixYue ending, which really just came out of nowhere. Let's hope Akamatsu-sensei will restart this manga in the near future as an action manga right off the bat with the entire main cast 7-or-so years older.

Also, the Chichigami returns.

Chapter 355 will be the final chapter.

15. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

Some spoiler images up of chapter 355. Only 6 images available at the moment, none of which shows who Negi married.

Spoiler

16. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

There's all this hinting about amazing adventures and how he saved his dad and pomegranate. And then it ends.

17. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

Yeah that ending was anti-climactic, rushed, retarded, and bad. Ugh, just makes me feel like the last 9 years have been a complete waste.

18. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

So disappointed. Manga runs 9 years, and he can't end it even halfway decently? Just the hell did he spend the last 9 years on this manga for, then?

19. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

When Akamatsu Ken finds the time to, he might just write an interquel detailing the events that were skipped, just like GTO had GTO Shonan 14 as an interquel about events that happened within a 2 week time skip at some point along the story.

p.s sorry for bumping this thread; was away for 2 weeks prior to this so I couldn't respond then.

20. Default Re: Mahou Sensei Negima! to end in three chapters

I'm hesitant to believe he's going to do anything more with the Negima series. The way it was rushed into an ending, and given that he's getting old, I just can't see it. It's possible he might be done writing and drawing manga entirely, really.