Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

Yeah, remember the notice about that a few days ago?
    Lemme find it right quick.
    EDIT:
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=53346
    Not a security council really.
    Or were you thinking of something different?

2. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

Nope. That would be why those aren't options.

3. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

"If we make if difficult if enough, maybe people won't even bother trying to complain!"
    Oh, I remember that.

4. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

More like 'we dont want just any nutjob with an email account spamming us pointless crap'

5. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

As Eos said, it's to prevent people from mass spamming their inboxes with complaints that aren't actually from any one customer's experiences. They want legitimate, in depth, and logical complaints and/or concerns from paying customers. Not 20+ people with the same copy-pasted email detailing one specific customer's issue.

6. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

Even though, at this point, that's the only way the ever listen to a complaint? It's a good idea in theory, but when the very thing they are blocking is the only thing that actually makes them get off their asses and do something, it's not so good.

7. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

When it comes to Nexon that's the only thing that gets them off their asses, sure, but maybe not so with this "council" of sorts. Better to try at the very least instead of shutting it down right out.

8. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

#1 Tip to not lose your Nexon's account information: Don't make a Nexon account.
    #2 If you couldn't follow #1 then, never log on your Nexon account.
    If you didn't follow these steps congrats your account is now ready to be stolen.

9. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

The last two times they posted one of these it ment their security was breached and they gave out account info for everyone. Any usual hackings lately? Or is it the anaversery of nexon getting hacked? lol

TY Nexon I keep my info safe. Can you?

10. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

Scratch "council" write "alliance".

My poor wording aside, I don't see how you could be so confused if you would have read the announcement in question.

Irrelevant link.

Your logic makes my brain hurt.

You're acting like they're specifically asking for complaints. They aren't.
    Those are simply their public points of contact, by which someone could find a means to file a complaint.

To whom are the bolded pronouns referring?
    I'm seriously getting the feeling you aren't even bothering to even attempt to follow the conversation.
    The MRC isn't "blocking" anything.

11. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

But that was exactly my point. They AREN'T looking for complaints. In fact, they are trying to make it as hard as humanly possible FOR someone to complain. And I wasn't referring to that merchant council, no; I was referring to nexon. Sorry, I did not make a distinction to my points, I kind of just went onto a tangent with no warning. LOL.

12. Neutron
    IGN: DarkXDaisuke
    Server: Scania
    Level: 172
    Job: NightLord
    Guild: Conundrum
    Alliance: Noble
    usa

Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

I wish they would just implement a two step verification process like google and send people a code to verify the log in, heck if you don't have a cell phone they can make an android app or idevice app and have the code get sent there like the google authenticator app if you don't have one of those devices you can get bluestacks and run the android version of the app on your computer. They need to increase their security measures too they can't just expect us to protect our accounts when the hackers are getting more creative and increasingly finding new ways to steal our stuff. Why is it just the account holder that is at the forefront in defending their accounts when nexon themselves have dropped the ball and revealed our info by accident a few times.

13. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

- Nexon employee: Sir, just like the last time I informed, several reports of accounts being hacked keep coming in
    - Min Kim: Excellent. Just tell them to update their password.
    - Nexon employee: But Sir, shouldn't we look do som...
    - Min Kim: Sigh* Look, If people get hacked, they lose their goods, if they lose them, they will need to charge more NX to get strong again. Just put an update your PW notice. Oh and put Meso Bags back in the cash shop, they will need mesos for potions hehehe

As ridiculous as it sounds.I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon has an a account stealing department as part of their staff and business strategy

14. Default Re: Gamer Safety Week: Tips for Protecting Your Account

Oh, good, so I wasn't the only one offended by the complete and total "pineapple you" that this notice represented. I'm glad.
    Will definitely call that "Merchant Risk Council" group when I get a chance. Should be interesting, if nothing else.