Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

Watching people trying to trade their 374 att legendary 50% boss cravens for perfect any potential VIP claws is quite amusing.

2. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

Yeah, it's funny how little people will sell the 608s for now that they seem doomed. Someone just dumped a bunch in MTS for 20k each.

3. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

Yup, saw a few hacked stone tooth swords today for less than 2bill. Hackers are getting desperate/frantic. This is exactly the effect both us players and nexon were hoping for. Suck it you hacking scum!

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Speak for yourself.
    Personally I'd have preferred it if all the hacked weapons, starred and unstarred, disappeared outright.
    I don't like hackers still being able to get even a "mere" 20k from the uninformed.

5. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

As far as I know, Nexon just straight up deleted anything with over 15 enhances.
    I have a suspicion that they can't differentiate the unenhanced ones from legit weapons, or else they probably would have gone too.
    Imo they should just delete everything tagged to smirnoffred or danspoor

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

not all are tagged though (don't forget dotcc too btw) who tagged the 301's bow and the 2xx katana's?

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

They need to check for any and all weapons with 301+ Attack and burninate them.
    I mean, I'm pretty sure there's no possible way to get to 301+ Attack legitimately.

8. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

This is Nexon we're talking about. Take what you can get, lol. I'm surprised they can even tell their asses from their faces, nonetheless hacked from legit equips.

9. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I'm starting to wonder if nexon has any plans to delete other duped items (such as the infamous 27 atk VSS) since they can be made through normal means and are no where near as game breaking as the EE hacked weapons.

It would be great if those disappeared to, if not I'll just have to be satisfied with the fact they are removing those weapons.

10. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

collecting enough scrolls for a single 27 att shoe would have been impossible at the time without dupes, and making more than 1 was equally impossible.

thats not "normal means", and definitely IS just as game breaking considering there are also masks (14 att), earrings (20 att), and blackfist capes (15-20 att) that have been duped to hell, though were probably originally legit. getting 100+ att from non-weapon equips should not be the norm among the morally corrupt.

11. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

You can get 100+ att from lvl 140 gear "non-weapon equips" if you get lucky with chaos scrolls and they are easy to obtain with people killing the empress instructors each day so that statement is sort of invalid.

Also, a lot of people are worried and questioning whether or not these masks, earrings, capes, and shoes will get deleted...I hardly think they will. Granted they were duped since there are so many of them...but there is also the flipside argument that 10% shoe att scrolls were duped and sold in the FMs along with duped WS...if we started splitting hairs at every little thing then that would make at least 90% of everyone's perfectly scrolled weapons "hacked" and should be deleted as well. see how stupid that statement I just made was? It clearly won't happen. 32/35/38 att VSS seem farfetched but it's still possible if someone used miraculous chaos scrolls on the last 2 slots of a 21 att VSS and got lucky...and 27s can be obtained by anyone if they get 10%s and WS (not saying it's easy, but it's doable without hacks or dupes).

Same goes for masks, earrings, and capes...my friend made a 16 att PAC by chaosing...that's not a duped item...I have 17 att earrings that I chaos'd and I definitely didn't dupe or buy them from a hacker shop...and another friend of mine made a 9 att u/h racc mask a while back...that definitely was NOT duped.

Within the scope of what we know Nexon is capable of (which, let's be honest, really isn't a lot given their lax attitude about things), I think we should all be satisfied that they are starting to work on getting rid of the 3xx-6xx atk weapons...I have a feeling that they aren't going to delete the ones that had their enhancements taken off, at least not for some time...all the people I've heard who have gotten theirs deleted had like 30 something stars on them...if anyone can prove me wrong on this though I'd appreciate it because I'm curious to see if they are targeting ALL of them or just the starred ones.

12. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

lmfao "if they got lucky!" What kind of stupid reason is this? They could have gotten lucky on those 15+ star enhancements especially since there are protection scrolls. Possibility doesn't necessarily mean probable.

13. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

That's mainly cause of the current/recent dupe that's out =/ Just check out the MTS, the amount of unpotted cravens/nisrocks/st's/16-20 attack racoon masks/attack gold emeralds/secret spell scrolls and 35 attack shoes multiply every day...and by the same mules.

14. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

*sigh* forget I mentioned it then...if people are just going to rip apart threads there's no point...

the fact of the matter is, I don't see them deleting the atk VSS, masks, earrings, or capes...at least not anytime soon...not when they have tons of 3xx atk weapons to take care of first.

15. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It's a great step forward, but Nexon has a long way to go. My legit (scrolled and cubed myself) perfect unique VL bow was essentially worthless in my server. Every time I had someone whisper me about it they laughed because 301s were 30k or w/e in MTS and for some reason they expected me to sell my bow for a pittance because of it.

I finally got rid of the bow when someone bought it for max mesos on accident. which is half of what I paid for the scrolls alone.

Short of fundamentally restructuring the game so that its impossible to dupe, the best we can hope for it for all the 300+ att weapons to be deleted because they're just that outrageous. By hope, I mean that look in the sky for a meteor shower in the shape of Mickey Mouse kind of hope.

16. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

i think you entirely missed my point: obtaining enough scrolls to make a 27 att vss was not, is not, and likely never will be possible without hacks or dupes.

there just isnt enough supply. there never was.

17. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

It is possible that part of the attack on the 27 atk vss in particular were due to changes with chaos scrolls, rather than shoe attacks. it could have partially been luck based.

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

miracle chaosing isn't as lenient as you make it sound, with serious luck you'll get an item to 10 attack15 is already something else.

20+... yea, not so much.

19. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

That's a horribly shaky speculation.

Occam's razor can be applied appropriately here.
    If the scrolls necessary to make the shoes in the first place were duped, it's most likely duped scrolls were used to make the shoe.

Even if you assume Chaos Scrolls were used past the first scroll, it's very likely that the shoes were duped between every scrolling to ensure the best possible end-product.

Bullpomegranate.

There are not nearly enough Empress equips in circulation there to reasonably be a legitimate +100 attack piece of armor.
    Besides, as demonstrated above, presuming that something happened because it could is a logical fallacy.

20. Default Re: Nexon deleting enhance hacked weapons?

I have to say that you have incorrectly applied "appeal to probability".
    The fallacy is fallacious because one says the thing will happen (high probability, or 100% probability), when the actual probability is far lower. The gambler example on your link is a good example of a valid (as in fallacious) application of the fallacy.

The quote on your post, however, stated that it COULD be the case, and that there is a probability of that happening. The quote did not mention anything about the probability being high, or that he was saying that the vss was legitly made.

In fact, I have personally seen a wwg being scrolled to 5 pass with 10% in 2005-era GMS (pre MSEA). The probability is low (0.001%), but it happened. You cannot deny that it is infact possible for 27att vss to be scrolled with a nonzero probability. By definition, something with nonzero probability could happen, so there is nothing fallacious about that post you quoted. I personally believe that these shoes were hacked, but you cannot deny the probability that they could have been legitly created.