1. Neutron
    IGN: DarkXDaisuke
    Server: Scania
    Level: 172
    Job: NightLord
    Guild: Conundrum
    Alliance: Noble
    usa

Default Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

Since pvp will be removed we won't be able to glitch decent skills afterwards?
    Why did they close pvp anyways?

Or will there be a new method? Cause i want to get decent skills on phantom to make room for other skills to steal.

Like 1st job get mg instead of haste as the support skill
    2nd job get some other buff instead of hb like mental clarity or bless and still get 40%hp and mp working with mg
    3rd job stick with combo charge and have decent combat orders at the same time
    4th get get decent se and still use rapid fire with more crit

2. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

There is not a single thing that says GMS will close PvP, but yes, if it closes down you are pretty much out of luck to get the decent skills to stick.

3. Neutron
    usa

Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

Why did kms close pvp tho? I am assuming they will follow the kms path so i better get my skills now...
    Dam i'm going to need a lot of mesos

4. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

I'm just guessing here, but I'd be willing to bet it's because PvP in Maple Story sucks really really bad.

5. Neutron
    usa

Its not that bad just needs to be balanced again considering the new jobs willl kill everybody else...
    I would pvp if it wernt for the unbalanced jobs killing to within secs

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i don't think phantom even has a pvp skill table, so it seems like too much trouble for GMS to bother

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It's not even the jobs that are ruining it. The +Battle ATK is ridiculously OP and unbalanced.
    I mean with full PvP gear, you're doing like 65% extra damage in PvP.

8. Neutron
    usa

Well there goes my plans for phantom out the window. I guess i will just focus on my Mercedes until its release while hpwashing my nl.
    After i get demon slayer to 12x and use up that skill book... Dam so much to do they need to do a long period with no new content like 3 months... The events are killing my time!

Hmm thats why i get killed so fast... Dam battle attack shouldn't they add some battle mode def equips?

9. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

To make the PvP balanced they would have to recreate it from the ground up.

Battle mode attack countered with Battle mode defense is something known in the general MMO world as PvP Gear vs PvE Gear, which works in a lot of games since, well, both PvP and PvE tend to be very fleshed out with a lot of options. There's enough content in both sides that their gear is allowed to not mix at all. PvE and PvP gear are rarely used to any effectiveness outside of their realms because/if they're balanced correctly. If you PvP, you want the player-related capabilities of PvP gear. If you PvE, you want whatever stat that gear gives. In Rift for instance, PvE gear had accuracy on it, without that accuracy, you couldn't much hit anything end-game.

Without any splitting of player tiers besides their level, there's no balance in giving PvP players in Maple Story such high defensive bonuses. You will create an even bigger problem than Battle Attack. Not only will those players who are PvP-geared deal more damage, but they will take less. If you enter PvP for the first time and fight one of them, you have basically no chance in hell unless they're incredibly dimwitted.

The easiest way to keep gear balanced in MS-PvP is to not have any PvP gear at all. This all of course, goes without mentioning the fact that balancing of classes and PvE gear in MS is trash and always will be. It'd be best to give up on the thought of PvP being a balanced, fun environment.

tl;dr: if you want good PvP, play a different game.

10. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

Screw pvp.

Bring back sheep vs wolf PQ.

THAT > PVP ^ 9,001

11. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

Thank God glitching decent skills is going away again. Now if only Nexon would do a keyboard wipe for every single character the world would be a much better place.

12. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

Keyboard wipe's not gonna do it. It's gonna have to be a beginner skill reset or something.

13. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Like what MSEA did after Big Bang. All decent skill got reset, everyone have to re-equip his/her decent equip after the server check else your skill won't show.
    Glitched decent skills were completely gone until PVP hits.

14. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

SE, SI, and Bless all require the renter to spend 10k NX to rent. You think Nexon would remove that cash flow?

15. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

One can dream and hope.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

When you consider how much money they'd make if everyone who wanted those skills had to cube their own equips, yes.

17. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

Highly doubt it gets removed GMS did come out with their exclusive CTF mode so yeah. But if it does oh well. Tough luck.

If we followed everything KMS does then I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be training in parties at the moment in LHC nor Stronghold this coming patch.

18. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

I think the reason I hate PvP so much is the fact that You lag pretty consistently through the entire match, meaning you think you're killing someone, but you're already dead. That plus the fact that Mechanics make your screen pretty much auto-DC every time, it's not really "fun" anymore to even try.

On the topic of phantoms, you can steal the real counterparts which are much better. Granted many of the actual skills are within the same job frames, I guess it would be cool to have decent HB so that you could use meso guard at the same time...

19. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

If the glitching were removed the % stats would well outdo the bonuses you get from the lvl 20 versions of the skills. Of course if you get lucky and score a good % and the skill too thats a plus.

Hell, why don't we just all bandwagon to phantom so we don't even need any of these decent skills in the 1st place... You'd just have fun switching around your skills all the time to work out the best combinations.

20. Default Re: Glitching decent skills after phantom release not possible?

So uh, regarding PVP being all unbalanced and all. Are you folks endorsing removing anything from the game that can reach similar heights of imbalance?

Because PVP is less imbalanced than the rest of this game. Even 65% from battle mode attack is piddle compared to the orders of magnitude larger some people's damage ranges are than others in the game at large. So if "it's imbalanced" is the reason you dislike it, I do very much hope you don't spend any time outside of PVP.

I will give you credence if its the distance lag thing you're upset over, it's stupid that that's a factor. But those of you who tried it a few times got creamed and now whine incessantly should know that every server has at least a small group of PVPers who enjoy daily rounds. And find it quite competitive. Off the top of my head the only pvp classes that I think are disproportionately weak are sairs and mechs, and that's mostly just my being upset about mount lag.

Anyway this is the last reason why anyone would want to preserve the potential system. With decent skills gone, can we please just get rid of potential entirely?