1. Default Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Both of them recover HP and MP by "a large amount". Does that mean they recover the same amount of HP and MP even though one is much rarer than the other?

Considering buying one to maybe help keep me alive in certain situations, but not sure which one to buy.

2. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Same healing, but one says party and 1 stays nearby party members. I haven't noticed whats the difference in range though.

3. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

So I would assume Mutant Snail is the better choice then?

4. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

What situations are these?

5. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Seduce 1/1 mainly. For HT and CZak.

edit: So I just went to Mutant Snails and managed to find a familiar after about half an hour. Did some math and found it recovers 15% HP and MP (give or take a few decimals).
    Still would like to know which is better since I'd rather not spend 2.2k nx on a Castle Golem familiar without knowing anything about it.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

do they even work on seduce? i thought they didn't, that time i got sed into a corner with a mr alli the bastard didn't heal me once.

7. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

I don't think they'd work. They don't work in any conditions where you can't use potions, e.g. during potion cooldown.

But I don't know for sure~

8. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

I had the impression that they did (on your party).
    Having 1 keeps you in eternal potion lock, but heals at the same time intervals as normal.

9. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Guess I'll check when I go to HT later... if I can ever find a Manon, and if the person in my guild that needs a HTP comes online.
    I used a Prison Guard Rhino (recovers a Large amount of MP) once when I went but I wasn't really paying attention to if it actually did anything or not during seduce.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I think snail > golem, because snail is full map, and golem isn't. I've never used either, though.

11. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

It doesn't work during seduce, my lung dojo, pot locks, etc, and pineapples you over on pot cooldowns.

12. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Well then. That's... useless.
    Would it at least heal party members if I were seduced?

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

No, but if party members weren't seduced and they had it out i imagine it would heal you.

14. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Figured.

15. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

If you're looking for an easy "Recovers a large amount of MP" for just general MP recovery, Jr. Boogies are the way to go. They also do the 15% mp recovery.
    I use one on my battlemage, combo'd with blood drain it's basically infinite HP/MP.

16. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Hmm, I have both, and I'm pretty sure Golem is better than Snail. Last I checked, and unless they changed it, Golem heals everyone while Snail only heals your party members. I'm pretty sure Golem has a larger range, as well.

17. Default Re: Mutant Snail Vs Castle Golem (Familiars)

Would be weird to heal people not in party, I don't believe that happens. In any case, I've only tested both while training and they seem the same really. Yes, you can't use it on bosses that seduce or potion lock you. I never thought about what if you didn't get seduced/potion locked and you had it out for your party members though. The best way to test this is to go use a DS and go party people (leech aura + familiar healing hm...) for bosses. I've never needed it though personally, since leech aura heals me too much I can tank any boss easily =s.

The familiars heals about 15% every 5 secs for each large healing, ranks doesn't matter apparently.