Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Has the ending been confirmed? Last I saw it was just hope for one.

2. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

It has been stated that Lightning's is the final piece of DLC (at least story-wise) so unless they intend to make a XIII-3 then it has to be.

We'll see in 4 or so hours, anyway.

3. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

I would not mind a 13-3 if it was as well done as 13-2 and about five times longer

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

If you were expecting some extra story to this batch of DLC... sorry.

Snows episode was just a cutscene featuring all the DLC opponents, such as Snow and Lightning meeting Jihl, Snow vs Gilgamesh ect. Was fun... i guess

Lightnings episode is pretty good i guess, if only for the challenge of it. It's just a fight against Caius. When you lose or win you get CP which levels up Lightning.

For example, after your first fight lightning will be level 2 and gain about 6000 or so HP and an ATB segment, at level 3 she gains more HP and the Conjurer role (Synergist), at level 4 she gains new skills for her Shaman and Mage roles. That's as far as i've gotten so far.

Basically all you are doing is killing Caius over and over to better your score, it's quite boring. i killed him at level 3 and there was a short cutscene showing him disappearing. thats it.
    The cutscene beforehand shows /* Serah */ dying, and then /* she */ shows up in Valhalla. Some evil entity using Yeul's voice says some stuff and /* Serah */ cries black tears, which looked pretty creepy.

Also i was surprised that Snow is actually a sentinel, i really shouldn't trust the internet too much.

EDIT: WAIIIIIIIT HOLD THE PHONE:
    I killed him a second time and he turned into his Bahamut form, interesting. I wonder if there IS more story to this DLC then, maybe i just have to kill him some more times.

5. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Oh heavens no. I think it is mentioned in several holy scriptures all over the globe that when the trinity of unholiness come to pass the end of the world is nigh.
    I can't think of anything more unholy than the whole Final Fantasy Fabula Nova Crystallis concept, so please, for old times sake Square-Enix, just no.

6. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

I really liked XIII-2 and wouldn't mind a XIII-3.

Ending spoilers

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread? POTENTIAL SPOILERS

I take back everything i said in my last post.

After getting a 5 star rank on Caius, he transforms into his Chaos Bahamut form, kill that form with a 5 star rank... and you unlock the secret-absolutely final ending.

I am not disappointed.

SEQUEL HOOK, SEQUEL HOOK!

8. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread? POTENTIAL SPOILERS

This battle is intense as hell.

This is wrong. Any rank on the Chaos Bahamut battle works. I got a 4 star and then a 1 star (level 10 lol) and then a 5 star and it was all the same.

I'm a little confused by that ending.

Spoiler

Anyone agree with that analysis?

Edit: Nevermind what I just said to Razmos. There's an extra scene if you get a 5 star ranking after the credits. What a teaser.
    Last edited by Sarah; 2012-05-15 at 06:42 PM.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Ah. I got a 5 star rank the first time i killed him, so i didn't know there was anything different.

Have you completed Snow's episode yet? i thought it was just a fight against Snow, but i've read people talking about 'the ending of Snow's episode' and how it sets things up further for a sequel.

10. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread? POTENTIAL SPOILERS

No, I tried fighting him once and he annihilated me.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I've noticed that Valkyrie Lightning has the ability Uncapped Damage on her Crystarium.. as well as a skill called Unmoveable MAX which i've never heard of.

12. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

there's already a skill called Immovable I and II which "Slightly/Moderately reduces chance to have actions interrupted by enemy attacks."
    Immovable max has the highest chance (though not guaranteed; and no, I don't know the %)

13. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread? POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Wait, was the Lightning I got after that battle different from the Amodar/Lightning battle? (I haven't gotten her in that so I just figured it was an alternative method)

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Absolutely, Valkyrie Lightning is a Commando while the original is a ravager.

AH! thank you, i figured it would be something like that.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Don't mean to double post, but i just completed Snow's DLC.
    The same dark entity shows up at the end of both Snow's and Lightnings story...
    Spoiler
    , first seen by Serah at the coliseum and then by Lightning in Valhalla after the ending. I wonder what that is about.

16. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread? POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Spoiler

Caius is probably my new favourite video game villain. He's got so much depth.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Agreed, i really liked Caius. he was just a peach to fight over and over again, to the point where i got sick of seeing him.