Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

If you are a fan of Nobuo Uematsu and think that is what FF is all about, then the soundtrack is crap beyond words. That sample Rob posted is absolute dogpomegranate in my ears, and I did enjoy Persona music. Perhaps it is just way better or fit the game more.

And @ Sarah because I can't resist:
    Spoiler

2. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Well just so you get an idea, I've been listening to the entire OST and it's incredible. It's just not the classic stuff. And even then, you have classical music AND songs by Nobuo Uematsu. I think people are just hating on it without any reason. What's so bad about exploring different genres.

3. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Who? I don't recall such characters ever existing in FFXII. Also, Balthier is the best main character in any FF game, your opinion that he is dull is invalid!

4. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Yea I too wish that Vaan and Penelo could be forgotten, and Balthier is just a pale copy of Setzer.

5. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Duuuude. WHAT? I've beaten VI at least as many times as XII and I never got the "jesus christ awesome" vibe from Setzer to the level I got it from Balthier. Probably because of the semi-emo sequence in that underground airship area. I do not want emotions with my badass flying pirates, I want blowing pomegranate up goddammit.

edit:LOL, patch 1.03 for FFXIII-2 is Facebook integration. WHY SQUARE, WHY.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I had a massive fangasm during the intro fight when Lightning's Army of One was a cinematic action. The whole intro has been pretty incredible so far (Only just got home!)

7. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

CAPTAIN CRYPTICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

YOU SON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

Spoiler

Also, can someone give me a 1000% idiotproof wild artefact location guide, because apparently I'm the dumbest pineappleing idiot on the planet, I've been searching the northwest corner of Oerba 200AF for literally over an hour now. Nevermind, found it right after I edited, THATS NOT THE NORTHWEST CORNER YOU pimento GUIDES.

last edit: for all you OCD 100% everything types, I found this
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Bc2hadnc#gid=0
    full spreadsheet of every monster in the bestiary, where to find it, what role/traits/stats it has at base if it is tameable, and a cheatsheet of all the best fusion monsters with good passives.
    Last edited by Flonne; 2012-02-03 at 06:47 PM.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Zwerg Scandroid + Wizard Hat Adornment = OMG SO KAWAIII

Something that had really been bothering me (The fact that Serah can still use magic) was answered very early in the game, by examining the fragment you get for collecting the 2 capsules in Bresha Ruins.

I'm really liking how they don't leave things hanging like that, the characters actually ask relevant questions and make the plot easy to understand

9. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

My Gold Chocobo has a Carbuncle doll riding on its back.

Also, the only thing thats REALLY getting to me that hasn't been explained yet even though I'm at 127/160 frag and 3 paradox endings is
    Spoiler

10. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

So I preordered from gamestop, and grabbed my copy in time... so how do I access the special content I'm supposed to get?

11. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

You should've got a slip of paper with two codes on it.

12. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Like... on the receipt?

edit: yes it was. Thanks sarah :3

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I just beat Augusta Tower AF200. And i dunno, i'm kinda losing this a bit.
    Serah has maxed Ravager role, Noel has maxed commando role and half-maxed Synergist role and i have a really strong Green Chocobo as my medic, and i was breezing through every fight in Academia and Augusta Tower in a few seconds, but the sheer number of the exact same enemies over and over, using the same strategy for every single enemy just got very tedious.

And then i reach the top of the tower and end up killing /* Proto Fal-Cie Adam */ about 5 or 6 times with no problem whatsoever.
    I really hope it gets harder from here. Of course there is still some challenge fights, like unweakened Atlas, or the massive Cieth in Academia, but they are mostly difficult because they are really really cheap.

14. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

So thanks to Sarah I was able to download both of the things I needed. But now I can't get them in game ><

Is it because I had already started the game? Do I have to start a new game or something?

Only thing I've been able to get off of google is something about a 1.02 patch. But that's not really helping. Should I be connected to the internet while playing the game to get prompted for the download?

(My 360 doesn't come with built in wifi and it doesn't have it's own dedicated ethernet cord because I dont use live xD)

Any insight anyone?

15. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Overall it is much less challenging than the first even on Normal difficulty, but some of the quest mobs later, particularly in Archlyte Steppes, are quite challenging. Defeating the Long Gui took me about 30 minutes, and you have to constantly switch to SEN/SEN/SEN in order for some of his supers to not wipe your entire party. If you really want a challenge, roam the Steppes around the white warpgate in stormy weather, some real beast monsters spawn there LOL

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The fragment for Graviton Core Epsilon is
    Spoiler

Oh, and i just tamed a Gigantuar. It is so massive it isn't even funny

17. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

I should read those fragments more...on that note, I'm up to 139/160. Oerba 300 and 400 will make you hate life. 100% ANOMALY SOLVING.

Flanitor is a great MED, but Cactuarama is INCREDIBLE; incredible stats and the best feral skill I've seen so far, full heal+autolife on party. Chichu is overrated as hell, my maxed Gold Chocobo is much better compared to my maxed Chichu; his only strength is the attack:ATB charge, and that can be gotten on others. By the way, something to work on asap is getting the summon ultimate skills; fuse a level 99 of the opposite type into it, so COM<>RAV, SEN<>MED, SAB<>SYN. COM get's Jeopardize, RAV gets Vigor, SEN gets Reprieve, MED gets Curaja, SAB gets Jinx, SYN gets Boon. Apparently, it also works if you fuse 5 level 20 opposites into that monster, too.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Thanks for the tip about Cactuarama, it really is amazing. I just farmed for Pulse Knights in Bresha Ruins -005 AF- and used Chocolina nearby to buy it's upgrade items (60 gil each), so now i have Curaja :3
    They also give HP +25% too, which is a nice bonus for a medic
    I got Vigor on my Ravager too while i was doing it, because farming the knights took a while

19. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

-joins the waiting until price drop club-

I would have played XIII already if I hadn't only heard disappointing things about it And now I have XIII-2 to play too D: LF> time

20. Default Re: What, no FFXIII-2 thread?

Fragment skills really help a ton, particularly the +encounter rate and tougher enemies ones. oh right, and how could I forget, the +monster crystal one.
    And speaking of Gigantaur, finally got Metal Gigantaur. TANKIN TIME.

Now I need to find a Shorotoru (the red grass giant in Academia 500AF, name in EN is Xolotl), need to start maxing my monsters and I really want that +35% STR; already have Niaomao and Green Chocobo for 33% mag/phys resist, need to find Kedachiku (the caterpillar in pond in Archlyte) for 30% ele resist, then I need to level my Necrosis for its godly 40% all status resist and 30% HP.

FFFF, Xolotl only spawns in ONE spot, and it's possible for something else to spawn there. SAVESCUM INCOMING.
    Last edited by Flonne; 2012-02-05 at 10:39 PM.