Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1574
  1. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

Holy crap 5-hour server check. At least the servers are much better. My pick-up rate is also higher.

2. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

Oh gods no ring today for me!

What are the odds of a further extension of the event :O

3. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

If they keep up this pace, pretty good I'd say.

4. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

Honestly the more and more this has gone on, the more and more I sympathize with nexon.

Strange is it not?

5. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

I just find it weird that every nexon game was down today besides maple...and now they're all down lol.

and the servers today were the best they've been in a while Non-stop training even if we had a few lag spikes..

6. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Pink Zakum causes lolwutcrash?

Why can't they just limit it to about 100 people, then invite another 100 for the next minute, so on and so forth and bring them all into 10 different instanced dungeons to prevent lag?
    The waiting room should have multiple spawn points and the map shouldn't be stuck to just 1 half, it should allow entry to the other half.
    Different spawn points would also work for the Zakum map.
    In the reward room, make it instanced and have it be slightly larger with multiple spawn points.

7. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

As lovely as it is that you've solved all the problems in the universe there, Korea still has to program it, so good luck on that wait.

8. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

I think Nexon does not program stuff more as a policy; I mean how hard can it be to fix :O

They are probably taking Keep it Simple Stupid a bit to literally.

9. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Any theories as to the root cause of this? "Hardware issues" seems a bit far-fetched... it wouldn't take this long to identify/fix if a certain server is going haywire. Plus, it looks to be going on with all games... I honestly have no idea what this could be. Electrical/ISP issues, maybe?

10. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

Fixing a Server with bad hardware is a pain in but.

I defiantly think that is what it is.

11. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

There's no other explanation why all games would be down unless there was hardware issues. Or perhaps, a potential server upgrade? Maybe?

12. Proton Gay Male
    IGN: Vilandria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 142
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Edge
    Alliance: reddit
    usa

This better not screw things up again. I was playing GREAT today. I should be playing great right now instead of them doing another USC that would potentially undo all the good they did last time.

There better not be another rollback. D:

Nexon? Put all of our money back into the game instead of into their pockets?

... are you high?!

13. Proton Gay Male
    usa

Sorry to double post, but ... the site isn't loading for me now. RUH ROH?

14. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

Ah. Faithless. But rightfully so. Nexon hasn't done much in the past to make us believe they'll do anything to improve the game. However, in light of all the rollbacks and decent compensation Nexon has done, perhaps they'll surprise us?

15. Proton Gay Male
    usa

Their diligence in the face of all this instability (their infrequent updates on the progress notwithstanding), it's enough to make you wonder if they got a whole new team altogether with the new translators.

This isn't the Nexon I remember!

... well, okay, the game has been down 90% of the time since I came back ... which is totally the Nexon I remember ... but you get my point!

16. Electron Gay Male

IGN: xTLK
    Server: Broa
    Level: 206
    Job: BattleMage
    Guild: Clever
    Alliance: Fragile
    Farm: BlueSkies
    usa

Not strange at all.
    I do feel sorry for them. This is terribly embarrassing to have the game down this much.
    And you can imagine the tech individuals tasked with fixing all this sweating it out with all the pressure from the business side.
    They're losing money every hour the game is down, too. This is a nightmare for them. More than 36 hours of combined down time in the past 4 days not counting "unofficial" non-maintenance downtime from server crashes.

17. Proton Gay Male
    usa

Yep, when you look at it from that perspective it's really hard not to sympathize.

It tends to make the bigwigs at Nexon look even worse than they already did (because even if it is business, a businessman is always the villain ) while really making you empathize with the techies.

They're already overworked due to Nexon insisting on staying so small, and now what is likely an issue of Nexon failing to prioritize server upgrades is going to be made out to be the tech side's fault and if problems persist they'll take the heat for it.

18. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

care to explain how they are losing money?

19. Default Re: GMS Server Status Discussion

They lose players, and these players won't spend NX for the times the game is down. They don't actually lose money, but they lose the money that could have been made. You can also say they're losing money by having to have workers work overtime.

20. Electron Gay Male

IGN: xTLK
    Server: Broa
    Level: 206
    Job: BattleMage
    Guild: Clever
    Alliance: Fragile
    Farm: BlueSkies
    usa

Maintenance costs.

It costs money for electricity, hosting for the servers, overtime for employees (it's the weekend after hours after all), rent for housing for the physical servers. All the bottom line costs.

They're paying money to continue operations, but their "product" is not being produced. That's lost ad revenue, NX sales, and potential loss of customers.